• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Or is there actually another composer of the same name?

Yes. There is. Look at the links. rolleyes biggrin

DAVID ARNOLD
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014
    Arnold is also a name!

Perhaps his last name is David. But they switched because they don't know that first name should not be written after the last name!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I believe it's actually the composer Arnold David but because he's from continental Europe (and therefore odd) he writes his surname first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Talk about causing unnecessary confusion.
  1. Southall wrote
    I believe it's actually the composer Arnold David but because he's from continental Europe (and therefore odd) he writes his surname first.

Odd. We all here think Britain is the island of oddballs. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    dizzy spin tongue lick wave moon dizzy spin lick spin dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Captain Future wrote
    Southall wrote

You people are so strange!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Yes. There is. Look at the links. rolleyes biggrin

DAVID ARNOLD

And I'm actually attending a concert of his in Dublin next friday smile Truth be told, I actually thought it was the OTHER David Arnold when I bought the tickets (however NOT the reason for buying the tickets; I was going to Ireland anyways, and wanted to see a concert). smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Southall wrote

You people are so strange!

Indeed.
  2. Captain Future wrote

And that's why I use the pseudonym Synchrotones!
    Although... there is also a 'Synchrotone' on SoundCloud slant

Bregt wrote
    Arnold is also a name!

Perhaps his last name is David. But they switched because they don't know that first name should not be written after the last name!

It's amazing how many people call me Simon (because my name is Pete Simons). It bugs me. A lot. crazy

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. (The real) David Arnold in Concert:

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatso … 2014-07-06
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014
    Oh my. This... this I might have to go to. Will there be choir I wonder? I've seen Independence Day played live a couple of times, and although on each occasion it was great (one of which Arnold was in the audience), the lack of choir was disappointing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014 edited
    David Arnold piano, vocal, guitar

So, yes. Depending on what you expect from a choir.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Oh my. This... this I might have to go to. Will there be choir I wonder? I've seen Independence Day played live a couple of times, and although on each occasion it was great (one of which Arnold was in the audience), the lack of choir was disappointing.

I have seen it with a choir and it was not disappointing.

I think I will go to this.
  4. I am seriously tempted, though finances are a bit tough this year.

There's also Elfman in London in December (yup, he's coming back) and I wouldn't mind going to that one either. (Heck, there's also Gladiator Live and ST: Into Darkness Live, both in London... but I'm not so sure about those.)

Oh how I hate decisions.

<s> (nearly signed as PT, hehe)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

I have seen it with a choir and it was not disappointing.

I think I will go to this.

As much as I dislike 'me too' posts, me too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014
    I wonder what they will play from The World Is Not Enough.

There's enough Bond music here to seriously tempt me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014 edited
    Synchrotones wrote
    (The real) David Arnold in Concert:

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatso … 2014-07-06

Sigh. I already had planned a trip to London from 3 to 6 July so I leave on the day of the concert. I guess I'll have to extend my trip with one extra night because I'd certainly love to attend this. But really. Timing is a bit off.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014 edited
    Who's thinking of going to this concert? I'm interested if some members attend as well. Otherwise I go home on Sunday.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014
    I would have loved to. Alas, I have to prioritize other things this year.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    I'll be there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    ...with a love that will shelter you?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014 edited
    If, big if, you can bare to listen to the Timmy Mallett taught Chris Evans way of being a DJ then there's about 10 minutes of David Arnold speaking and singing. Go to about two hours and five minutes approx to avoid unnecessary noise pollution.

This was broadcast last Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03y0mpm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. David's got a fantastic voice. I much preferred David's version to the Scott Walker version.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Though Arnold's voice is nowhere near Walker's league I can hear where you're coming from.

I always thought it a shame that Barry didn't utilise Walker for a big Bond theme, he has the chops for it, as demonstrated by this theme song for spy caper Deadlier Than The Male confirms.

DEADLIER THAN THE MALE

Best Bond theme never to have been a Bond theme IMO. cool
  6. Timmer wrote
    Though Arnold's voice is nowhere near Walker's league I can hear where you're coming from.

This makes a change to being a "tosspot" or "f*ckwad" for having a differing opinion! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Isn't it Fucktard? wink

I think Erik uses 'weirdtard'.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014 edited
    Just got out of the David Arnold concert in London and it was without a doubt the best film music concert I've ever been to.

From memory we had: Wing Commander, Last Of The Dogmen, Godzilla, Four Brothers, a song by David McAlmot, a piece from the musical Made In Dagenham, Parade Of The Athletes, a 20 minute Stargate suite, Amazing Grace, a Sherlock suite and the Independence Day end titles.

Oh, and perhaps the greatest mini-Bond concert ever: Only Myself To Blame, Surrender, The World Is Not Enough, You Know My Name instrumental, City Of Lovers, The Name's Bond...James Bond, Night At The Opera and THE FULL WHITE KNIGHT!

Nicholas Dodd conducted it all except for Sherlock which was done by Michael Price. Mark Gatiss ("I'm only here for Skyfall") and Amanda Abbingdon introduced it, and I could see Martin Freeman in the audience.

Only two quibbles were there was nothing from Shaft and even though there was a choir, it wasn't used in Independence Day (though Arnold did have a go on the house organ!)

Very impressed with the orchestra, especially the massive brass section. Arnold was singing Made In Dagenham, The World Is Not Enough and Only Myself To Blame and was very, very good. David McAlmot sang Tomorrow Never Dies.

10/10

Still can't believe they did White Knight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014