• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2015
    As Anthony mentioned, I was really looking forward to hearing White Knight from Tomorrow Never Dies but the boat chase from The World Is Not Enougb definitely made up for it - it's a cue (and score) I haven't listened to in a while so it was a pleasant surprise.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015
    You can always watch White Knight here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMaUcunIO4
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015 edited
    Don't know if this has been discussed, but IMDB lists David Arnold as composer for the upcoming Independence Day sequel! Has this been officially confirmed? I saw Harald Kloser's name as a producer, so I naturally assumed he was going to do the score as well. Couldn't be happier, though, if David Arnold's back! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2015
    I have seen a Bulmers ad pop up on my facebook feed a number of times now with none other than Mr. Arnold collaborating with what appears to be a rhythmic word stage performer, a certain Mr. Bizzle by all accounts.

This does not please me at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2015
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A lethal combination.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Cider and Irish people?
  2. Steven wrote
    I have seen a Bulmers ad pop up on my facebook feed a number of times now with none other than Mr. Arnold collaborating with what appears to be a rhythmic word stage performer, a certain Mr. Bizzle by all accounts.

Yes.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Unless there be scantily dressed trollops involved swaying various limbs and assorted body parts in unlikely yet strangely alluring fashion, I will refrain from any semblance of interest or comment, apart from congratulating Mr. Arnold on his doubtlessly well negotiated handsome remuneration, and wishing Mr. Bizzle Godspeed in his ventures which I am sure will appeal to a predictably overly ebullient audience of pubescents of quite specific taste and even more specific savoir faire.
    An'that. Innit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015
    He appeared as an actor in this week's episode of the very, very funny Toast of London (which nobody watches).
  3. He seems to be desperate to find things to do other than score films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I watch it! But I'm still catching up with series 2 which somehow flew right past me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    He seems to be desperate to find things to do other than score films.

Exactly. Such a waste of talent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote
    I watch it! But I'm still catching up with series 2 which somehow flew right past me.

I can't remember which season it was but I think Arnold has been involved in two previous episodes, once where he was playing the piano in the bar, and another where he wrote some great Bond spoof music for the episode where Andrew Lloyd-Webber dispatches Michael Ball to kill Toast.
  4. I only discovered this yesterday: David Arnold's version of the song, "No Good About Goodbye", a song that I'd only heard sung before by Shirley Bassey.

https://youtu.be/4suflTMvakM

Each good but for very different reasons!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2016
    I don't know many other composers that perform their own songs. Elfman. Anyone else?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wow, he's actually not bad. I never knew he sung.

Now get back to scoring Hollywood disaster movies and Bond films. angry
  5. He sang "You Know My Name" at that charity concert he did in the Royal Albert Hall back in 2010 and did a fair job at it, as I recall.

As for composers who sing their own songs...well, there's always Randy Newman. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I must have blocked that out of memory... I can't for the life of me remember him singing? I remember him on guitar and ukulele. I also remember being taken aback at how small HGW is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Goldenthal has sometimes sung (or rather vocalized) on his own work -- in a kind of gritty, Tom Waits-ian barytone style. Same with Michel Legrand. I'm sure there are plenty of examples. Randy Edelman sung, but did he ever sing on his film work?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Oh yeah, isn't that Goldenthal's voice on Heat?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Oh yeah, isn't that Goldenthal's voice on Heat?

HEAT? Can't remember much voice there, but his most famous is probably "Variations on an Old Baptist Hymn" from COBB.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. And those weird vocalizations at the beginning of "Pickled Heads" from Titus are him too, right?
  8. Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

HEAT? Can't remember much voice there, but his most famous is probably "Variations on an Old Baptist Hymn" from COBB.

The first cue.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

The first cue.

Ah yeah, that's right. More discretely used there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016
    Independence Day live at the RAH
    http://scifibulletin.com/2016/02/08/ind … bert-hall/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm conflicted. Great score; terrible film.
  9. Every time the David Arnold thread pops up I hope it's to announce that he's scoring something...anything...nope. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    I'm conflicted. Great score; terrible film.

I'm not conflicted. Great score, great film!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm conflicted. Thor thinks the film is great (therefore it isn't). But he also thinks the score is great (which makes me question whether it is)

I don't like this, I don't like this at all.