• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    And because it has speed-dial. What an age we live in!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    Yes.

Also, because as a touch interface, it still beats the others (I tried several of the ones mentioned here). I'm not a fanboy (I got mine for my job, I wouldn't have bought it anyway). But the ease of use, the handy features (I discovered several the first months, and still now), ... it's so clever and well done. Sure, the absence of Flash is a loss, but knowing what is coming with HTML5, which Safari (the browser on iPhone) supports (as does every browser except for IE) we won't need that anymore.

But the latter is a whole other issue (but one I look forward to very much). Google Wave will be the first big HTML5 application for example.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not a fanboy either, but I'd be hard pressed to find a better smartphone than the iPhone. It may be popular, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nobody said it's bad. It's too goddamn expensive though. It looks so much better than anything else out there, that's true. If it was cheaper i admit that i'd probably go for it 'cause of Apple's quality so far.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It is ridiculously expensive, but the other smartphones aren't exactly cheap. And what you get with the iPhone, relative to the cost and quality of the other phones out there, it's worth shelling out the extra money for it IMO. I'd rather spend double the amount on something awesome than half the amount on something good. But then I don't even have the money to spend on something mediocre at the moment....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    this is the geek of all geekness thead going to the bad side of nerd....fact!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I did some equations based on a statistical analysis and it's telling me this is the coolest thread yet!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I did some equations based on a statistical analysis and it's telling me this is the coolest thread yet!?

wink beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    What do you mean they died? I heard NOKIA is full of crap these days with LG, SAMSUNG taking the largest part of the market (and sony ericsson driving the teens crazy but being equally unreliable with Nokia) but are they THAT bad?

I'm completely happy with my Nokia E71, which helped me keep in touch -where there was free wireless broadband (which isn't in may places sad)- on Bali, and -aside from being a great communication tool- served me incredibly well with all sorts of handy apps like up to date weather forecasts, travel itineraries (it's got network independent GPS), currency conversions and dictionaries!
    I also used it to make the occasional video diary entry, but its camera functions are very basic (which is absolutely fine with me).

But honestly: it works like a charm. Very intuitive. Very reliable.
    I'm a great Nokia fan so far.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice to hear.

Want
    to
    see
    photos.

And videos
    from the trip.

Of hot babes.
    Strictly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Of hot babes.

That´s all I need.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No photos of hot babes, lads.

Sadly, sex tourism has found its dark and nasty way into Bali as well, and the amount of pot-bellied, balding, middle aged occidental men photographing, accosting and dining incredibly young*) local girls has put a serious dampener on any inclination I had to make any kind of record of the fairer sex on the island.

*) As a slight disclaimer: it's incredibly hard -well, for me at least- to properly guess these girls' ages.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Let me: 12
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    No photos of hot babes, lads.

Sadly, sex tourism has found its dark and nasty way into Bali as well, and the amount of pot-bellied, balding, middle aged occidental men photographing, accosting and dining incredibly young*) local girls has put a serious dampener on any inclination I had to make any kind of record of the fairer sex on the island.

*) As a slight disclaimer: it's incredibly hard -well, for me at least- to properly guess these girls' ages.

I know exactly what you mean ( as we all know Thailand is the major sex tourism hotspot ), I've seen near ( and fully ) naked girls parading in bars where they were certainly very young, maybe, as D said, as young as 12 or even younger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    To go on topic again, I'd have to say no.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You and Nancy Reagan.
    Good man!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    To go on topic again, I'd have to say no.

Perrrrr...lease...........anything but on topic! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Haha. Nokia sues Apple. I love the Finns!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Haha. Nokia sues Apple. I love the Finns!

Yeah, read about it today!