• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008 edited
    I have bought this mobile (cellular).

I know it's a cellular with a lot of gadgets and programs.

Can anyone tell me how I can creat folders for every score?

thanks
  1. You bought a mobile phone and you plan to listen to music on it!?!?

I know your mp3 packed up, but surely it would be better to invest in replacing that rather than using the 'phone?

(Remember, I'm of the old school where phones are for talking to people, mp3 players are for listening to music on, etc)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    You bought a mobile phone and you plan to listen to music on it!?!?

I know your mp3 packed up, but surely it would be better to invest in replacing that rather than using the 'phone?

(Remember, I'm of the old school where phones are for talking to people, mp3 players are for listening to music on, etc)

Can anyone recomend me a good mp3 player?
  2. Depends what you want to use it for. Do you want a lot of space for music (30+ GB) or something more modest (2-8 GB)? Do you want hard disk or flash memory (this choice will limit your choice for space)? Do you want iTunes or something else?

BTW, when using iTunes can you drag-and-drop tracks when filling your player or do you have to sync (or something similar?)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote

BTW, when using iTunes can you drag-and-drop tracks when filling your player or do you have to sync (or something similar?)

You can do pretty much anything with iTunes. The only problem with iTunes is the fact that it's processor hungry, particularly on PCs. On a Mac, it works fine because it's optimized for Macs, especially if you have a fast dual core processor and lots of RAM (which I do biggrin ).

Most people who complain about iTunes are Micosoft users. rolleyes

Anyway, I digress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    iTunes should not be a memory monster because it 'just' runs on Microsoft. That's as ignorant of Apple as Microsoft ignores standards. slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    iTunes should not be a memory monster because it 'just' runs on Microsoft. That's as ignorant of Apple as Microsoft ignores standards. slant

Doesn't bother me, I don't use PCs. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Speaking of iStuff, a friend of mine got the iPHONE the other day and I honestly - me an avid iCrap hater up to that moment, i ended up with my jaw dropped on the floor; That thing must be the most amazing high-profile gadget i've ever seen so far! shocked omg
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Speaking of iStuff, a friend of mine got the iPHONE the other day and I honestly - me an avid iCrap hater up to that moment, i ended up with my jaw dropped on the floor; That thing must be the most amazing high-profile gadget i've ever seen so far! shocked omg

'Bout bloody time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote

Ho, not so fast! When at a convention for work the other day, a self-called early adapter showed me that gadget. Being wowed at first, I later saw an article on all the limitations on that thing. It seems incredibly cool at first, flipping through files with just a touch of the finger, but the capacity of the iPhone is limited, as well are the features. Besides, there's only a touch screen, no keyboard, so imagine how greasy that thing must get after a while! Soon, a second version will be introduced, which doesn't have all the limitations... now that might be interesting. So far, don't buy it just yet, just because it looks cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Ho, not so fast! When at a convention for work the other day, a self-called early adapter showed me that gadget. Being wowed at first, I later saw an article on all the limitations on that thing. It seems incredibly cool at first, flipping through files with just a touch of the finger, but the capacity of the iPhone is limited, as well are the features. Besides, there's only a touch screen, no keyboard, so imagine how greasy that thing must get after a while! Soon, a second version will be introduced, which doesn't have all the limitations... now that might be interesting. So far, don't buy it just yet, just because it looks cool wink

That's why you buy stick on plastic covers. Also, 32GB isn't enough capacity for you!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Alright, it wasn't the capacity, but something else, as I read it more then a week ago, I didn't remember it welll. I googled it up, these are the most annoying limitations:

- No Universal Inbox for mail
    - No text selection option on the internet or mail
    - Unable to open e-mail attachments
    - Bad camera quality (if there is ANY movement at all during the shot you get a blurry image)
    - No extra camera options (no zoom-function, for example)
    - Doesn't shoot video
    - No mass-management, in the e-mail for example (you can't select multiple ANYTHING)
    - The phone lacks copy and paste functionality
    - You can't forward an SMS
    - Headphones Port (95% of third party headphones don't fit)
    - It gets hot a lot and it doesn't get over it)

A more complete list: http://www.modmyifone.com/wiki/index.ph … _doesnt_do

So far, it looks like nothing more but a cool illusion wink
  3. Steven wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That's why you buy stick on plastic covers. Also, 32GB isn't enough capacity for you!?

This need to touch screens is why I don't think that Microsoft's idea for their OS after Vista will be popular. Who'd want to have to touch their flat screen just to get it to work?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's already a new system, called WINDOWS 7 in development. I've seen screen shots and there's also a pirated trial (exp.June08) version out.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    There's already a new system, called WINDOWS 7 in development. I've seen screen shots and there's also a pirated trial (exp.June08) version out.

I think that's the one I was meaning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap; Vista is pretty popular btw, all new laptops by all companies come bundled with it (naturally). With SP1 installed, i find that they work wonders. So far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BobdH wrote
    Alright, it wasn't the capacity, but something else, as I read it more then a week ago, I didn't remember it welll. I googled it up, these are the most annoying limitations:

- No Universal Inbox for mail
    - No text selection option on the internet or mail
    - Unable to open e-mail attachments
    - Bad camera quality (if there is ANY movement at all during the shot you get a blurry image)
    - No extra camera options (no zoom-function, for example)
    - Doesn't shoot video
    - No mass-management, in the e-mail for example (you can't select multiple ANYTHING)
    - The phone lacks copy and paste functionality
    - You can't forward an SMS
    - Headphones Port (95% of third party headphones don't fit)
    - It gets hot a lot and it doesn't get over it)

A more complete list: http://www.modmyifone.com/wiki/index.ph … _doesnt_do

So far, it looks like nothing more but a cool illusion wink

[Smeagol] Not listening, not listening! [/Smeagol]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I have bought this mobile (cellular).
    Can anyone tell me how I can creat folders for every score?

thanks

Ok, so you´ve finally bought a cellular to listen to music.... rolleyes angry
    Have a nice time charging your battery once a day tongue

Seriously, there are plenty of mp3 players out there that base their existance in the fact that they are designed to listen to mp3.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    But... why would you want to buy an mp3-player, when most of the new phones do exactly the same thing? I bought a Sony Ericcson just to call people and be called, but it also played music, so I started using that. And it does everything I want; it stores about 6 full scores and I can manage it in playlists. And I only have to charge my phone every 4 days, or so. Fine by me smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    When I find a phone that holds 180 GB, THEN I may consider switching.
    Until such time phone is east and music is west and never the twain shall meet.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Nokia N73 has symbaion OS, wich makes like a mini PC. A lot of programs to install, gadgets, games, GPS etc...You can read adobe, word, Excel, Flash

It can be cool, but seriously, Im too old to start to install programs to my Phone. too complicated......And of course, how it has OS it has problems with it too.

I bought it because my old mobile crashed, but I just want a cellular with diferent alarms and a pratical menU!

I have to read more forums about this particular Symbalion Operative System. :sleep:Particulary How to install the DIVXPLayer (to play Avi), the MP3 player (For can choose folders)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009
    BobdH wrote
    But... why would you want to buy an mp3-player, when most of the new phones do exactly the same thing? I bought a Sony Ericcson just to call people and be called, but it also played music, so I started using that. And it does everything I want; it stores about 6 full scores and I can manage it in playlists. And I only have to charge my phone every 4 days, or so. Fine by me smile

6 full scores!? That is not a lot of full scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Wow, this thread is still in the main "off topic" page.

I bought N73 19 months ago, N73 died the second days and then it was lost in the reparation shop. Then I bought an easier (and better) cell: Nokia 5610 XpressMusic.

Now Xpress music also died, and I have an Omnia.

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What do you mean they died? I heard NOKIA is full of crap these days with LG, SAMSUNG taking the largest part of the market (and sony ericsson driving the teens crazy but being equally unreliable with Nokia) but are they THAT bad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    What do you mean they died? I heard NOKIA is full of crap these days with LG, SAMSUNG taking the largest part of the market (and sony ericsson driving the teens crazy but being equally unreliable with Nokia) but are they THAT bad?

No. Nokia 5610 Xpressmusic is great. but Since the beggining the battery was bad. I think how the shop lost my N73 they gave me a Nokia 5610 as a new but it was used or something. How I was tired of the whole thing, I accepted it.

Now, Finally, the battery has died and at the same time I had a great way to get a better phone.

Is Omnia selling well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    From what i hear, yes. It's a pretty popular model. Samsung's and LG's have lots of features for very acceptable prices than what you'd pay for say iPhone or an HTC phone with the same specs, for this reason they're very popular. As for quality, they're above standard levels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    From what i hear, yes. It's a pretty popular model. Samsung's and LG's have lots of features for very acceptable prices than what you'd pay for say iPhone or an HTC phone with the same specs, for this reason they're very popular. As for quality, they're above standard levels.

Oh great, so it's a very popular model and it's good.

Leave the Hype aside!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But ... still nothing beats the iPhone.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    But ... still nothing beats the iPhone.

Why?