• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    one of my favourite tracks from the RAMBO score

THE COMPOUND - Brian Tyler
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2022
    Planet of the Apes - Danny Elfman. Without a doubt one of the most/if not the most impressive Hollywood scores in terms of percussion, and really the composer's magnus opus. Similar scores for more 'recent' output of a variety of American composers, have an interesting percussion section, but they are by far, and mostly, a wall of sound that does not strike any specific chord.
  1. The entire short Seven Days In May score by Jerry Goldsmith?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2022 edited
    Joep wrote
    Planet of the Apes - Danny Elfman. Without a doubt one of the most/if not the most impressive Hollywood scores in terms of percussion, and really the composer's magnus opus. Similar scores for more 'recent' output of a variety of American composers, have an interesting percussion section, but they are by far, and mostly, a wall of sound that does not strike any specific chord.

Love that score! He really picked up some tricks when he travelled across Africa as an 18-year-old.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to hearing Elfman's new percussion concerto. He had some interesting things going on in the percussion quartet a couple of years ago.
    I am extremely serious.