• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I disliked the alt-universe when it was introduced at the end of season two, warmed up to it in the early stages of season 3, and now hate it again. There are only four episodes left of the season and I can't see what it's building to.

I suppose that when they knew the show was renewed for a 4th season (still don't understand it, as ratings are terrible), they decided to slow things down a little bit?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011
    They only found that out this week, while these episodes must have been in the can a month or two ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    Maykel is watching Fringe.
    I'm usually doing other things while he is watching. BUT, I just love John Noble's voice!!
    Every time he starts talking I stop what I'm doing (reading for instance) and just listen!
    Very distracting, in a good way!

I even searched IMDB to see the list of documentaries and other voice-work he had done, but I was suprised to see there wasn't much he did himself. I'd love to listen to stories told or audio books etc!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great voice, great actor. I'm not going to deny that John Noble is at least 50% of why I keep following FRINGE.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Agreed, the way he portrays that slightly deranged yet likeable guy is highly infectious. You never know what hilarious remark he'll make next.

I finished S1 last week and I was thoroughly entertained throughout. The storylines are very X-files, yet the humour and drama is totally different, more heartfelt. Love the way it ended, I sat there goosebumped and jawdropped !!! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Agreed, the way he portrays that slightly deranged yet likeable guy is highly infectious. You never know what hilarious remark he'll make next.

Not to mention how he also [spoiler]portrays Walternate as the eerie bad guy in the alternate universe[/spoiler].
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Oops! spoilers !!!!

sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Spoilers from two seasons back, but you're right - schedules differ around the world. Sorry about that.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Not watching it on TV myself. I have the S1 & S2 sets lying here beside me. So I can watch it on my own time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011 edited
    You were extremely lucky to watch the ending of season 1 unspoiled after such a long time.
    That used up all your luck for all the upcoming big secrets. Thor is proof of my theory. wink

But yeah, jawdropping it is.
  4. My luck was not following this topic at all. I wasn't even aware of the show until a few months ago.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    I've been watching season two again and I'm convinced Northwest Passage is the absolute best Fringe has ever been. If only more episodes were like this one. smile
  5. I'm going to go through S2 soon. Hopefully it's every bit as entertaining like season 1 was.
  6. I'm not sure which episode that one was but I watched "Subject 13" the other day - one firmly fixed in 1985 (complete with 1985 theme tune) - and it was one of the most uninteresting episodes. The 1985 theme tune turned out to be the highlight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    It was definitely not as good as "Peter" from season 2. Northwest Passage is when [spoiler]Peter discovers he's from "over there" and runs off to Washington State. He teams up with the sheriff to try and catch Newton who is hunting him down.[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011
    Well after the season 3 finale I think Fringe could go absolutely anywhere. I enjoyed that much more than the S2 finale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I still don't know if I liked it. I mean, a surprising ending, but I can't help it but feeling JJ Abrams is messing with us.... again...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There was a slight hint of the Lost cop-out, but there's a whole season to go, it wasn't the last episode.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, you are probably right. Let's wait (a few months!) and see.