• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    And now...Media Ventures? Jablonsky?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    I just saw Fringe e01.

A good start for this show.And great to see Joshu Jackson com back.

In a way, this series and Lost can complete each other.

(Interesting the temp track from Signs , Lost and Aliens in the Pre-Air episode)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I love characters like Abbadon. He reminds me of G-Man from the Half Life games. :

Half Life , the best videogame ever made! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    All in all, I don't really give a hoot if this gets picked up or not. The pilot didn't really excite me at all, and the lead actress felt really weak. The best parts were the weird mystery things the Abbadon guy went on about, but I have a feeling that if we go down that route it will just turn into Lost mixed with the supernatural...not my cup of tea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    All in all, I don't really give a hoot if this gets picked up or not. The pilot didn't really excite me at all, and the lead actress felt really weak. The best parts were the weird mystery things the Abbadon guy went on about, but I have a feeling that if we go down that route it will just turn into Lost mixed with the supernatural...not my cup of tea.

Agree. The beginning a la X Files is quite good, but the developement goes down very very quickly. Big production value, Joshua Jackson is really good (it came as a surprise to me), but not enough to keep me waiting for a full season.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008
    All I care is that they get something good picked up around the time Lost finishes. As a Lost fan, I don't really want to invest in another ''similar'' show until Lost is over.
    • CommentAuthorTurrican76
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    Le Docteur wrote
    Yeah, it sounds like Giacchino...

...cos it's mostly temp-tracks from Lost, Alias & MI 3, with some Se7en and Sunshine here and there.

It's only a preair pilot, so i guess the score hasn't been recorded yet.

Hi!

I just watched the promo and there was a haunting score piece which i recognized but can`t remember from which movie or series it is. It`s a slow piece playing near the end of the pilot when the FBI Agent comes back to life.

Does anyone know from which score it is?

Thanks!

Greetigns from Germany

Stefan
  1. Ok, i answered the question myself: It`s "Who are you" by John Murphy from "Miami Vice". smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008
    Over here in America they're showing trailers for the pilot, so I guess it's been picked up?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2008
    Very possibly; it's J.J.ABRAMS, he knows people who know people.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    The pilot episode was composed by Michael Giacchino and Chad Seiter.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008 edited
    Now I must see the finished version!

Erik do you know if Giacchino will score the rest of the series, or have duties been given to Seiter?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    For anyone in the UK, Sky One has bought Fringe!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    Watched it last nite, good show , and Michael G's name is on the credits as the one who does the music.

Ultra Cool!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2008
    Not sure when it airs over here. I saw the unfinished cut of it and wasn't all that impressed but I'll give it another shot when it's on TV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008 edited
    I saw the pilot and while the beginning on the plane was pretty scary, I thought some of the plot twists wasted an opportunity to follow the mysterious scientist villain. The fringe science is so hokey and silly, I couldn't even follow it. At least with X-files, Scully can explain it away with alien technology. I liked the lead actress, Anna Torv - she reminded me of a younger Cate Blanchett. She did a fine job showing grief and stubborn determination considering the foolishness of the plot. I guess it'll be her against the evil corporation!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2008
    I saw the pilot as well. The first half hour was pretty interesting, but it got too fringe too quickly. I liked the X-files better, because they never really answered anything. Here the world's craziest diseases can get solved by a nutty professor in mere minutes. Bleh!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I think solving the disease isnt the premise here, its more like whats that company , what do they do, who can you trust, kind of thing. Her own boss might be in on it , if you think about it the show is more like the show Lost than X-files altho it has a X-files flavor to it, My thoughts.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The whole disease plot line is blatantly just for the pilot. From the looks of things, the rest of the show is going to go into all the other weird happenings the Abbadon dude mentioned. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    The whole disease plot line is blatantly just for the pilot. From the looks of things, the rest of the show is going to go into all the other weird happenings the Abbadon dude mentioned. wink

Abbadon himself is a weird happening.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah but I prefer him in Lost. He speaks too much in Fringe. His stare is all I need, wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah but I prefer him in Lost. He speaks too much in Fringe. His stare is all I need, wink

biggrin

You are right actually; he says more with a simple look than with a bunch of words.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2008
    The scary black Dharma guy? HE should never speak in any movie again, he spoils ALL that is so unique about him!
  2. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Well, after two disappointing episodes (or rather disappointing endings), I was pleasantly surprised by the latest. Good plot, somewhat more credible science, and characters who start to find their roles. Maybe the series does have a future after all...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2008
    So, episode 5 in season 1 already. Anybody watching it regularly? Is it worth it?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've seen the first two episodes and they're both pretty lousy. The first one dragged on forever. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yeah, it´s not The X Files, not at all. Pretty entertaining, but just that. And it´s really weird how similar to Lost the score is.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Yeah, it´s not The X Files, not at all. Pretty entertaining, but just that. And it´s really weird how similar to Lost the score is.

Mmm...the first episode had a lot of similarities, but nothing stood out at all for me in the second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    Score similar to lost eh? me wantS!