• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008 edited
    It's not that similar. There's a lot of weak piano underscore. There's practically nothing I'd want on CD that I've heard so far. The only two pieces of music I can actually remember are when they go into the plane in the first episode, and the chase though the cargo containers shortly afterwards.

It's like a poor dilution of what Lost offers...with an added sprinkle of Alias.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    So is this by Giacchino or not?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    Only the first episode. The rest is by Chad Seiter.

Anthony wrote
    It's not that similar. There's a lot of weak piano underscore. There's practically nothing I'd want on CD that I've heard so far. The only two pieces of music I can actually remember are when they go into the plane in the first episode, and the chase though the cargo containers shortly afterwards.

It's like a poor dilution of what Lost offers...with an added sprinkle of Alias.

Well the brass bursts at the end of a scene are totally Lost-esque (actually they are a trademark of Lost so it is weird to listen this in anothe show), that´s what I was talking about. And the piano underscore too; I´have to watch episodes 3 to 5 though. I may change my opinion, maybe Seiter adds more of his own in the coming episodes.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    Is anyone still watching this show? I started watching what I *thought* was the first episode after the hiatus but Olivia was fine and not captured any more. After quickly realising I had missed a couple of episodes I didn't even bother watching any further.

Has it improved at all? Has Tilton's brief replacement of Seiter helped musically at all?
  1. Anthony wrote
    Is anyone still watching this show? I started watching what I *thought* was the first episode after the hiatus but Olivia was fine and not captured any more. After quickly realising I had missed a couple of episodes I didn't even bother watching any further.

Has it improved at all? Has Tilton's brief replacement of Seiter helped musically at all?

it hasn't appeared on any of our stations yet, so I haven't seen a thing
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Anthony wrote

There was a gap on Sky1 for several weeks/months - and it started back a couple of weeks ago. I've been watching it and it has been quite good. It's not really a show that needs you to follow it so you could start back even having missed some.

I thought I saw Giacchino as the composer in the credits from the last show I saw. Doesn't he have the regular composing job?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope, he only scored the pilot but he's always the credited composer. Chad Seiter has done most of the episodes and Chris Tilton has done the first four (or five?) after the hiatus.
    • CommentAuthorrkeaveney
    Chris has scored the last five episodes of FRINGE, including last night's episode, which resumed Season 1 (after it's second short hiatus). Chris will score the rest of Season 1 as well.

Chad Seiter still contributes to the show as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    Execellent music cant wait for the score to be released.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. Anyone watching it? Seen the finale?

Good Lord, how great was that? Brilliant stunt, if you ask me. The producers really had balls to pull that one out of the hat. Surely gives FRINGE the right level of promotion for Season 2. Can´t wait.

I must say, the series really managed to get a grip on me during the second half of the season. Especially the last three or so episodes gained a lot of series arc momentum and speed.

(Don´t forget to use spoiler tags if you´re getting specific.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    I am not watching it; how has it evolved during the 2nd half and the finale? What is it about and how is it like, now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009 edited
    Hm, it´s hard to tell without giving it all away, but I´ll try...

Generally, the second half still has "Case of the Week"-episodes, but we finally begin to see a pattern there (pun intended). The overall storyarc absolutely moves forward a lot faster than during the first half, and besides having some awesome cases, we start to learn a lot about most of the lead characters.

But what is it about...?

Let me just say that there is a specific idea that is introduced kinda slowly but becomes more obvious as we close in on the final episodes. It´s more a kind of scientific fact, something special about our world and the universe in general, that is supposed to be a grave danger. We kind of learn what that fact is, and get an idea about why this might be dangerous, but we still miss a lot of details. And let´s just say there is a reason why the characters we´re following are important to the overall arc.

If you want more specifics, read the spoiler. It contains the topic what FRINGE seems to be all about.

[spoiler]It seems to be all about Alternate Realities, but it´s still unknown whether we talk about one specific alternate universe or about a lot of them. We even get our first glimpses at one alternate Earth. [/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Let me just say that there is a specific idea that is introduced kinda slowly but becomes more obvious as we close in on the final episodes. It´s more a kind of scientific fact, something special about our world and the universe in general, that is supposed to be a grave danger. We kind of learn what that fact is, and get an idea about why this might be dangerous, but we still miss a lot of details. And let´s just say there is a reason why the characters we´re following are important to the overall arc.

I like it. I´ll give it another chance once the shows I´m watching now reach its finales this week and the next one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Just keep in mind that the final twist of Fringe´s finale was so big that you´ll probably hear about it before you see it if you´re not fast enough.

It´s the very same thing I´m afraid will happen to me about House. We just discovered that series for us and are currently racing through the seasons. Now I´ve heard the season 5 finale is quite awesome, too, and I hope I can avoid learning about it before watching it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Ralph. I see similarities with LOST, no?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Just keep in mind that the final twist of Fringe´s finale was so big that you´ll probably hear about it before you see it if you´re not fast enough.

Yeah, that´s why I´ll start watching Fringe next week, and I´ll stay away from TV sites where I could read or hear spoilers, at least until I´ve finshed the season. Fortunately the show is not being broadcasted in Spain, so the risk of spoilers are minimum if I don´t actively look for them. Thanks for the advice though Ralph smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks Ralph. I see similarities with LOST, no?

I think they are two sides of the same coin, yes.
    [spoiler]Fringe is about alternate realities, while Lost is about (alternate?) timelines and probably/possibly about alternate realities created by changing timelines. I wouldn´t be surprised if Lost turned out to be a major part of the Fringe universe. People were thinking about that for some time, and now they are even wondering about Cloverfield being part of the whole thing.[/spoiler]
  4. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Good Lord, how great was that? Brilliant stunt, if you ask me. The producers really had balls to pull that one out of the hat. Surely gives FRINGE the right level of promotion for Season 2. Can´t wait.

The final 2 episodes of Season 1 were shown in the UK here on Sunday night - and WOW! what a final shot. And that on top of seeing the appearance of the "special guest" (but it would have been better if his name had not have appeared in the credits at the beginning.)

Really looking forward to the second series - and some answers to the questions raised so far.

A big spoiler here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfjMraEE7o (the final scene of the Season 1 finale)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    I am most certainly enjoying Seiter's music there!! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    I am most certainly enjoying Seiter's music there!! cool

Giacchino-ish?
  5. Definitely, but DON´T spoil yourself by following that Link.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    I´m so glad I´ve given this show a second chance. I´ve watched 4 episodes and I´m totally addicted.
    Just one question regarding Anna Torv: is it me or sometimes she tries too hard to disguise her australian accent? That makes it even more noticeable!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    Something makes me not wanting to watch this; don't know what it is though smile
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Marselus wrote
    I´m so glad I´ve given this show a second chance. I´ve watched 4 episodes and I´m totally addicted.
    Just one question regarding Anna Torv: is it me or sometimes she tries too hard to disguise her australian accent? That makes it even more noticeable!

I haven't seen this series, but looking forward. I always watch 3-4 episodes to give a series chance.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009 edited
    I watched up to the hiatus. There were maybe two episodes I enjoyed, one of which was the pilot. The rest just followed the same formula.

- Someone dies in an unexplainable way
    - They think some big company is behind it all
    - The crazy doctor guy has some way been involved
    - He instantly knows the absurd explanation for it
    - They find some person responsible and that's the end of it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    - Someone dies in an unexplainable way
    - They think some big company is behind it all
    - The crazy doctor guy has some way been involved
    - He instantly knows the absurd explanation for it
    - They find some person responsible and that's the end of it

It seems so, but I suspect there´s something else at the end of the season. And I´ve already noticed some connections with Lost. Let´s see if I´m right or it is just my imagination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    Just finished watching season one. What a shocking finale! shocked Í´m so glad I gave this one a second chance. Not great IMO, but good enough to recommend it. So, recommended!
  6. Glad you liked it. Yeah, it´s not all-great, but VERY promising regarding to what comes next. The possibilities are endless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am reading the comments and i want to watch it but something which i can't really tell, puts me off. Why would you say, one should watch this series? What's that makes it worthy? Thanks smile
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Marselus wrote
    Just finished watching season one. What a shocking finale! shocked Í´m so glad I gave this one a second chance. Not great IMO, but good enough to recommend it. So, recommended!

Good to know. I have only seen 3 episodes so far and I am not very enthusiastic about it. This crazy doctor is a bit cheezy.