• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am reading the comments and i want to watch it but something which i can't really tell, puts me off. Why would you say, one should watch this series? What's that makes it worthy? Thanks smile

I thought many episodes were repetitive, where all the threats were similar and always resolved by the end of the ep. When they started season-wide plotlines they usually didn't continue them frequently enough to keep you interested...or even remember them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Glad you liked it. Yeah, it´s not all-great, but VERY promising regarding to what comes next. The possibilities are endless.

Indeed. The last 10 seconds of the finale open so many doors that, as you say, possibilities are huge. It is up to the writters now to manage those possibilities. But, overall, I´d give this first season a 3.5 out of 5.

Christodoulides wrote
    I am reading the comments and i want to watch it but something which i can't really tell, puts me off. Why would you say, one should watch this series? What's that makes it worthy? Thanks

Maybe this something you can´t tell is the fact they deal with supernatural issues that you don´t use to like in tv shows D? If so, I´ll tell you that 1) you don´t have the usual monster stuff we´ve seen in many other shows, not at all; and 2) EVERYTHING happens for a reason (those this quote ring a bell? wink ).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am reading the comments and i want to watch it but something which i can't really tell, puts me off. Why would you say, one should watch this series? What's that makes it worthy? Thanks smile

I thought many episodes were repetitive, where all the threats were similar and always resolved by the end of the ep. When they started season-wide plotlines they usually didn't continue them frequently enough to keep you interested...or even remember them.

Actually they do continue the major plotline. Did you reached episode 9 Anthony? ("In which we meet Mr. Jones"). There´s where the big arc of the show really starts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think that's why I lost interest....9 episodes for the show to get started? sleep
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    I was watching yesterday 4th episode and noticed those infamous J.J. Abrams flares that you can see in tne new ST movie. They looked pretty lame in this episode vomit .
  1. Anthony wrote
    I am most certainly enjoying Seiter's music there!! cool

Just a FYI and for those interested, I've been writing about 85%-90% of the show's music since episode 11 (including the youtube linked final scene). I'll be doing 100% going forward. Just thought I'd clarify since I've seen several posts asking who was doing what and when regarding Fringe's music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    christilton wrote
    Anthony wrote

Just a FYI and for those interested, I've been writing about 85%-90% of the show's music since episode 11 (including the youtube linked final scene). I'll be doing 100% going forward. Just thought I'd clarify since I've seen several posts asking who was doing what and when regarding Fringe's music.

I feel terrible for Chad that he didn't get to continue to work on this show but I'm happy to see you taking over, Chris. Good luck!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    christilton wrote
    Anthony wrote

Thanks for the explanation, it is true we´ve been speculating / discussing for some time who had done what and when. Now we know!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    christilton wrote
    Anthony wrote

I am most certainly enjoying Tilton's music there in that case. wink

Congrats Chris, hopefully films will be next. Good luck with season 2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Chris, thanks for clarifying things with this one. Wishing you all the best and more music for us to enjoy in the near future!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    This show is getting better and better on every level: performances, scripts, main plot and, of course, the music. Things continue this way, we are in for a great season.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    Isn't Curtis from 24 in the show now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    He was in one episode. Don´t know if he´s gonna be a recurring role.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's on tv right now. I am trying to understand what's the fuss, it looks like an amateur's LOST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And am I the only one who finds the leading chick annoying? She looks and acts like a man with long hair and woman's clothing.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But she's hot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    But she's hot.

Indeed. Specially in the last episode (2x05) when Peter goes to her apartment. Yummy. And bouncy.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    Have you seen the episode Jon Cassar (24) directed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Have you seen the episode Jon Cassar (24) directed?

Jon Cassar´s one is 2x06 (thursday 22nd). Let´s see how he deals with a complete different show.
  2. 206 airs November 5th, after the baseball championship games and World Series is over. And, if the World Series goes to a 7th game, then it'll air the following week.

And Christodoulides, it took me a while to warm up to Olivia. She's a very internal and closed person, so I get where you are coming from, although I certainly wouldn't call it an amateur's LOST. It's not LOST, and perhaps you want it to be, or simply don't like it, but calling it amateur is a little insulting, especially since many of those involved in LOST are involved in FRINGE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited
    christilton wrote
    206 airs November 5th, after the baseball championship games and World Series is over. And, if the World Series goes to a 7th game, then it'll air the following week.

Argh, the baseball break. Now that the season was taking off crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009 edited
    Just watched S02E06, the Jon Cassar directed one. The episode is pretty good (although it is weird to see Cassar´s name in anything that is not "24"); I like that it is based on Agent Broyles and a case of his past. I really was looking forward to know more of the character. Now, score wise: there´s a recurring theme in the episode (it is played at least 7 times): it could be Broyles´s Theme? If so, I love it!

Edit: the ratings are terrible by the way. Seems that season two will be the last one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    Does anyone know whether or not Fringe will be canceled after season 2? I've been watching the first season, up to episode 18 so far, and I think it's absolutely fantastic. I much prefer this to Lost, more my kind of thing (even though I still enjoy Lost, as silly as it is).

John Noble is a legend. I have a man-crush on Peter Bishop's character. And Anna Torv gets more attractive the more episodes I watch.
    love
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Does anyone know whether or not Fringe will be canceled after season 2? I've been watching the first season, up to episode 18 so far, and I think it's absolutely fantastic.

Unlikely, at least according to the ratings. It has lost some million viewers during season two. Too bad, I also love it and I think it is a TV show that would have grown with the coming seasons.

Steven wrote
    John Noble is a legend. I have a man-crush on Peter Bishop's character.

Indeed. Fascinating character and also fascinating performance. I loved how he performed the russian consul in season 6 of 24. Such a hateful character! I wasn´t totally satisfied when Bauer cut off one of his fingers.

Steven wrote
    And Anna Torv gets more attractive the more episodes I watch.

Oh yes, same here. I didn´t like her at first (maybe the character was too cold at the beginning, maybe the actress hadn´t got into the character yet) but now is one of the most attractive actresses over there, only beaten by lovely Annie Wersching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009 edited
    I didn't find her particularly attractive at first, but as you get familiar with the character and her mannerisms, she does get increasingly attractive! I was surprised to find out she's an Aussie too considering she puts on such a convincing accent... but now that I know, she does look like a Sheila. A more attractive version of Cate Blanchett.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The milf?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote
    John Noble is a legend. I have a man-crush on Peter Bishop's character.

Indeed. Fascinating character and also fascinating performance. I loved how he performed the russian consul in season 6 of 24. Such a hateful character! I wasn´t totally satisfied when Bauer cut off one of his fingers.

Really? I couldn't stand him in 24 or Fringe. His acting was just cheese. I can only put up with him in ROTK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You can't stand him in Fringe!? I'm genuinely shocked. He's clearly the best thing in that show. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    The milf?

Bordering on milf, she's only 31 I think. But yeah, the milf.