• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The milf?

Bordering on milf, she's only 31 I think. But yeah, the milf.

I don't watch the show and i did watch only a couple of episodes, but i can't remember her being particularly hot...maybe i'll try and reconsider after your enthusiasm, at least "inspect" her a bit more wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    As I said, neither did I at the start. But again, as I said, as the shows go by you inevitably become more accustomed to the character, and believe me she 'becomes' very attractive! (At least to me she is.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    You still watching Fringe guys? It is getting better as it goes by! I just watched the last episode (winter finale) and it was great, both story and music wise.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (no)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fringe is great. But then again, I suppose it's not worth watching if it isn't Lost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I did but it didn't capture my interest, Monsieur Steven.I hope one day you'll find it in your hard to forgive me wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "hard" shocked biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I hope one day you'll find it in your hard to forgive me wink

I'll give it a go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Fringe has many things in common with Lost actually (Abrams' imprint I assume). As I said in the Lost thread (in part joking, in part not), a cross-over Fringe - Lost could be interesting. I have to admit it is hard at first, the show does not take off until episode 7-8 of the first season, but once it has started, it never stops. There are few filler episodes, the main arc story is almost in every episode, so it´s a very rewarding show in terms of questions / answers. Anyway, if it didn´t capture your interest, it didn´t capture your interest wink Maybe a second chance? I gave Dollhouse a second chance and it worked!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    I have to admit it is hard at first, the show does not take off until episode 7-8 of the first season, but once it has started, it never stops.

Really? shocked I thought it was excellent right from the very beginning, especially with that plane scene and the introduction of each of the characters. It continued to be excellent from there on IMO. There were a few filler episodes, sure, but even those were still quite good. It's the second season I have been less than impressed with, relative to the first season. I just wish they'd focus on the story rather than keep making filler episodes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Really? shocked I thought it was excellent right from the very beginning, especially with that plane scene and the introduction of each of the characters

To me, it was episode 7 ("In Which We Meet Mr. Jones") the one that started it all. Not that the previous six were bad, not at all. I mean, you are right, the first episode with all the plane stuff (Abrams again) and the introduction of the characters were really good, but was that particular episode that made me say "ok, ´m gonna love this show".

Steven wrote
    It's the second season I have been less than impressed with, relative to the first season. I just wish they'd focus on the story rather than keep making filler episodes!

Maybe there is a filler episode here and there, but almost every episode has a hint or two related to the main arc story.

Edit: I still don´t understand why Chris Tilton is not credited as the composer in the main titles of the episodes.
  1. Marselus wrote
    You still watching Fringe guys? It is getting better as it goes by! I just watched the last episode (winter finale) and it was great, both story and music wise.

Definitely, but we're on a bit of a break in the scheduling at the moment in the UK. I'm not sure when it starts again though.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

Definitely, but we're on a bit of a break in the scheduling at the moment in the UK. I'm not sure when it starts again though.

Yes last thursday was the so called winter finale (S02E15). It restarts in march (USA).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    Right, I'm finishing the first season of Dollhouse tonight. Next up will be Fringe again. I'll start from the beginning as I can't remember a lot of it, although annoyed with myself I watched the final scene of the season on YouTube for the music a while ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    Remember the thing does not take off until episode 7-8. not that the first six were bad, not at all. Too bad you watched the season finale though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Remember the thing does not take off until episode 7-8. not that the first six were bad, not at all. Too bad you watched the season finale though.

I'm watchin episode 8. 7 was good ( Since it was written by J.J).

The first 6 was bad. boring. and previsible.

I hope Joshua Jackson will become a real leader of the cast. it is just a supporting actor here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010
    He does.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've been watching this secretly again and am completely loving it! A complete turnaround on the show, the music, everything! Definitely the strongest contender for the replacement of Lost.

2.09 (Snakehead) which I watched today is probably the biggest gross-out of the series (and I was having lunch at the time).

Favourite episodes so far have to be Safe, Bad Dreams, The Road Not Taken and August. I enjoy these a lot more than the "what fucked up creature can we have coming out somebody's stomach this week?" episodes.

One query with the series (a positive on first watch, but I imagine an annoyance of further views) is the plotlines that go absolutely no where. Remember that dude Peter beat up in season one? Or how about Ella's dad trying to take her away from Rachel? Or the new agent at the start of season two who you'd have thought would become a regular? They all just disappeared. Granted, they weren't good plotlines anyway, but did fans dislike them and they got written out? They just seem like strange things to leave in and disregard afterwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, what do you expect from an Abrams show? The writing isn't exactly brilliant, but I still enjoy it. I preferred the initial episodes since it set up quite a lot of potential... but it hasn't quite lived up to it in my opinion. Still, I'm sticking with it to see where it ends up. And Walter is always good to watch!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think season two is definitely stronger as a whole so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    I think season two is definitely stronger as a whole so far.

I agree. Didn't you love Broyles' Theme in episode six ('Earthling')? One of the best themes of the whole show.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm only picking up on some smaller bits while listening to the season 1 soundtrack.

Has anyone gotten to my level of insanity with Lost music but on this show? I could do with some help this time!

I watched the pilot again yesterday and definitely noticed a suspense motif, the "end credits" theme for Walter (I think?), a love theme for Olivia and John and a motif that shows up at the end of the soundtrack that I think is for Massive Dynamic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I'm only picking up on some smaller bits while listening to the season 1 soundtrack.

My mistake, the theme I mean is prominently featured in S02E06. It is not heard (at least I didn't get it) in season one. Actually episode six of season two is a Broyles focused episode, that's why I got the theme.

Anthony wrote
    Has anyone gotten to my level of insanity with Lost music but on this show?

I'm afraid not tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I'm watching episode 10. A little better now. In fact I still watching it because it's X-files with the Alias touch (the rythm, the conspirations, the absurd but inventive situations...). Enjoy the ride! don't think!

It's far from a perfect show, it's very irregular and John Noble acting tricks became tiresome too fast, but for this little J.J Abrams moments this show is worth to be watched.

PS: I noticed "the lord beckett" motif from Dead Man's chest in some episodes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    PS: I noticed "the lord beckett" motif from Dead Man's chest in some episodes!

I told you more than a year back.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010
    The three rising notes? Come on, they belong to Fringe more than some dumb pirate film! wink
  2. If you are going to start keeping track of themes, you might as well do your picking from season 2, which is much more thematically driven. And, there aren't any important themes in season 1 that aren't in season 2.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Have I missed something important here? 2.11, [spoiler]Charlie is alive and no one is confused or concerned[/spoiler] ? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Have I missed something important here? 2.11, [spoiler]Charlie is alive and no one is confused or concerned[/spoiler] ? confused

It's an unused episode from season 1 which for some reason got aired and advertised as season 2. Ignore it. (It wasn't a very good episode anyway.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I see.

Astrid's hair also seemed suddenly long again. wink