• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. christilton wrote
    If you are going to start keeping track of themes, you might as well do your picking from season 2, which is much more thematically driven. And, there aren't any important themes in season 1 that aren't in season 2.

It would be good to have a release of the more thematic material in season 2 - to balance the largely rhythmic, adrenaline-fuelled material from the first season that's on Varese's CD.

Would anyone who has listened to the recent release of the music from season 1, and who is much more familiar with the themes featured, care to point them out?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010 edited
    I wish I could help. I've noticed some recurring stuff on the soundtrack, but haven't seen the show enough to remember what it's for. I think Chris or Chad will need to help us here. wink angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Anthony wrote
    I think Chris or Chad will need to help us here. wink angelic

That would be nice!

kiss
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010
    I want Broyles' Theme from season two!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I finished Season 1

[spoiler] I knew Peter was dead in the actual reality cool [/spoiler]

The main plot is hilarious. That's why I watch this show. I use to skip the other episodes (yes, i know some of them are realated to the principal plot ) tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    The main plot is hilarious.

Coming from a 'Lost' geek, this is funny, to say the least.

Nautilus wrote
    I use to skip the other episodes (yes, i know some of them are realated to the principal plot )

rolleyes
    Question is: how do you know if an episode is related to the main arc or not before watching it? Oh, and one advise if you are watchig season two: it is a bad idea to skip episodes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote

Question is: how do you know if an episode is related to the main arc or not before watching it?

Because I'm the same guy who can say if a score is good or bad listening 30 seconds clips.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote

Question is: how do you know if an episode is related to the main arc or not before watching it?

Because I'm the same guy who can say if a score is good or bad listening 30 seconds clips.

lol <-- really, the LOL icon just don't do my laugh right at this moment justice.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote

biggrin

But not the same guy that said 'Avatar' was gonna be a box office flop, aren't you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2010
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote

biggrin

But not the same guy that said 'Avatar' was gonna be a box office flop, aren't you?

touché biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    1 - 1
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Watching episode 3 from season 2.

A great improvement over season 1.

Joshua Jackson finally has something to do, the "alternate" realities plot is more focused and it's present more or less in every episode, Olivia finally forgot John Scott....

[spoiler]Charlis is dead!!! ALELUYA!!!! at least, now is bad [/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Watching episode 3 from season 2.

A great improvement over season 1.

Indeed.
  2. Anthony wrote
    I wish I could help. I've noticed some recurring stuff on the soundtrack, but haven't seen the show enough to remember what it's for. I think Chris or Chad will need to help us here. wink angelic

In season 2, all the main characters have themes. They are subtle, but grow throughout the season. Helps? Sometimes multiple themes. Peter has a theme. Walter has one, but there's a hybrid theme that's for Peter and Walter that was introduced in the recent episode "Peter." There's a Fringe division theme, the "coming war" theme from last season, observer theme, a fun "investigating" theme etc.
  3. Thanks Chris.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lost is over soon and I'll have a lot of free time... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Lost is over soon and I'll have a lot of free time... wink

biggrin

Besides, you are lucky. There's only two seasons of Fringe. It's a piece of cake!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There will be a season three, right? I don't want to get into another Dollhouse where everything suddenly has to tie up in the last three episodes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, there will be a season three. Fringe was renewed for another season some weeks ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    23 episodes from the Pilot.

Can anyone fu_k with Olivia?

If I can choose I prefer this kind of T-1000 guys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Can anyone fu_k with Olivia?

I wish.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    Did you spot the Oceanic Airlines ticket in season 1? (the episode with the butterflies I think)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Did you spot the Oceanic Airlines ticket in season 1? (the episode with the butterflies I think)

nope! But I remember the episode. Cheking my hard disk ... tongue

By the way, Episode 11 from season 2 was pretty good!

Now episode 12...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    2.11 was imo the weakest episode of the show. Maybe it should have stayed buried.. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    2.11 was imo the weakest episode of the show. Maybe it should have stayed buried.. wink

Well, for the LOSTs episodes you like or dislike, I realise long ago that we have diferent tastes tongue

2.11 the weakest? I don't think so.. almost every "non main plot" episode from the season 1 is worst than this one.

I saw Peter's episode. AWESOME!!!! it had the drama that lost has lost tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    I saw Peter's episode. AWESOME!!!! it had the drama that lost has lost tongue

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010
    I want more Fringe!!!!

I was not so addicted to a so hilarious show since Melrose Place!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    I want more Fringe!!!!

I was not so addicted to a so hilarious show since Melrose Place!

You are the only living creature in the world that could compare Melrose Place (which I'm not ashamed saying I was addicted to) and Fringe slant