• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    please don't laugh at the afflicted cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    I thought the finale was pretty weak. The two episodes felt rather sloppy and had zero intensity.

Some good score though, and music in the final scene was very cool. *awaits season three*
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010
    Has anyone been watching season 3?
  1. Yes!

Enjoyed the ending tonight. Let out a cheer that our Olivia managed to get a message to Peter.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Enjoyed some of the music heard tonight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Great music for the final 15 minutes too. Tilton has done some really solid work the past two seasons. Arguably the best scored show on TV now Lost has finished.
  3. Anthony wrote
    Great music for the final 15 minutes...

Yes indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Great music for the final 15 minutes too. Tilton has done some really solid work the past two seasons. Arguably the best scored show on TV now Lost has finished.

I agree. Great work. Too bad Fringe is gonna finish this season though.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

I agree. Great work. Too bad Fringe is gonna finish this season though.

shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It is? I thought it was just moved to the Friday-night-cancellation slot but never heard anything of it being cancelled?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010 edited
    Wow, what a timing of ressurecting this topic!

I've just spent the last couple of weeks going through the whole series from start to finish, and have avoided this thread for obvious reasons up untill now. Funny to notice that the discussion here has been more about LOST than FRINGE (or is that just Anthony?).

Anyway, superb series. There are so many good things to point out about it, but the centerpiece for me is John Noble - an absolutely brilliant performance with scope, depth, details, complexities, you name it. And that's just for Walter. That he's able to pull off the totally different Walternate is just another testament to the man's talent. I really became aware of him in LOTR (a role I also loved), but this has taken it one step further. I even did a tribute thread on him over at FSM. Curiously, he hasn't done a lot of film work over the years, but is a legendary stage actor and director in Australia.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

I was pleased to work out many of the future plot points way in advance, but it was great to see HOW they executed them in the end.

Music is fine too. Love the main theme - especially when they did that 80's synth arrangement of it in the "Peter" episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZulQ9gtYpo

Wish someone could expand upon it a bit more.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    It is? I thought it was just moved to the Friday-night-cancellation slot but never heard anything of it being cancelled?

Well, ratings are really bad, and when a show of a major network moves to friday....it ususally means they don't have many expectations of improving. I hope I'm wrong, I really like this season so far.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010 edited
    Entrada, what an episode! cool

Loved the "What's your daughter's name?" bit. Good thinking, Peter!
  5. How did you manage to see that. It only aired yesterday.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    "Yesterday" being the key word. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, nice episode. Seems like [spoiler]things are more or less back to status quo now[/spoiler]. Should be interesting to see where it goes from here - the quest for disabling the doomsday machine, perhaps.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What's odd about Fringe is it seems so much longer when it's on TV. We're only eight episodes in, and as you said, it feels like it's getting back to normal.

Last season the shapeshifter Charlie plotline only covered four episodes, but I felt like I was watching that for months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    What's odd about Fringe is it seems so much longer when it's on TV. We're only eight episodes in, and as you said, it feels like it's getting back to normal.

Last season the shapeshifter Charlie plotline only covered four episodes, but I felt like I was watching that for months.

That's so true. Only eight episodes in and it seems like a whole season (well, almost). Audience is cruel though, just when the show is getting better episode after episode, ratings get worse cry
  6. Anthony wrote
    Entrada, what an episode! cool

Loved the "What's your daughter's name?" bit. Good thinking, Peter!

Good episode indeed. Though I thought that things progressed a bit too conveniently sometimes. Maybe there'll be repercussions.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010
    A very good article from Entertainment Weekly on the future of the show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/09/fring … lel-world/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    A very good article from Entertainment Weekly on the future of the show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/09/fring … lel-world/

The research shows that people love the show, but they don’t really want to watch it on Thursday night. Thursday is more of a romantic comedy kind of night, not a hard science fiction night,” says Wyman.

He has almost convinced me. Almost.

I hope he is right though, the third season is much better on so many levels. Let's see what happens when the show returns on friday after the winter pause. Fingers crossed.
  7. Fringe has never been better, but, as another reviewer said, with Season 3 the show closed their doors in front of any possible newcomers´ faces. Either you´re already there, watching, or you never will. So if they loose even more of their audience by moving to Friday´s, that´s it for the show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011 edited
    Just read on Twitter from Chris Tilton that Fringe Season 2 soundtrack due out on 22nd February.

Due from Varese.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011 edited
    My first new CD order of the year. Woo hoo! cheesy

Edit: Sunday's a bit of an odd day to be announcing CD's, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011
    I don't care about the CD....all I want is for the series to continue, dammit!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011
    I'm watching season two again and I'm surprised at the number of little things the writers have included early on. I'm only up to Momentum Deferred but there have already been references to the red tint of the other sidewith Olivia's headaches. There's also a big clue as to where Peter is from by the interaction he has with Rebecca Kibner near the end of the episode. Let's hope this continues!
  8. I got Fringe S2 waiting for me to sink my teeth into, but I've yet to find S1 on blu-ray for a reasonable price. Until a few weeks ago I didn't even know about this show, now I want to watch it ASAP.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Season one really isn't that great in comparison to the show nowadays. On rewatch I skipped it completely.

I think you could get up to speed pretty quickly with these eight episodes:

Pilot, The Arrival, Safe, Bound, Ability, Bad Dreams, The Road Not Taken, There's More Than One Of Everything
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    When does the next episode air...anyone know (S03E10)?
    I am extremely serious.