• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011
    Firefly, tomorrow!

With Doc Brown!
  1. Anthony wrote
    Season one really isn't that great in comparison to the show nowadays. On rewatch I skipped it completely.

I think you could get up to speed pretty quickly with these eight episodes:

Pilot, The Arrival, Safe, Bound, Ability, Bad Dreams, The Road Not Taken, There's More Than One Of Everything

Thanks for putting up the pivotal episodes but I'll just stick to the full set list. It's not that I don't have enough time to kill. Besides that way I'm seeing more of that blonde lass... wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    Listen to the (new?) theme for The Observers here:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s … 9985177017
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011
    New episode finally aired!!

Great to see Christopher Lloyd guest star as a tired ol' rocker, also in the sense that it refers to Lloyd's own stint as a mad fringe scientist in the BTTF movies.

I have some issues with the narrative, but that's for another time.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011
    I felt Firefly was a letdown compared to all the hype they had built up around Fringe Fridays.
  2. Saw the pilot yesterday in sweet high definition.

This rocks... looking forward to seeing the rest of Fringe. punk

And the music wasn't bad either.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Saw the pilot yesterday in sweet high definition.

You started the series just now?

Well, you have lots of great things ahead of you...almost three full seasons!

John Noble is brilliant. The whole cast is, really.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Yes I just didn't know it existed until a couple of weeks ago. I'm not very much into TV series, but there are some that interest me. BSG, Entourage, E.R., now Fringe. smile

I bought the blu-ray sets of S1 and S2 so I'm going to devote my time to this show, just don't make it into another Lost bunch of silliness, ok JJ?
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Saw the pilot yesterday in sweet high definition.

well well, you made me curious

will check it out too, once you've finished season 1
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011
    So far Fringe has gotten better as the seasons progress. Let's hope it stays this way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    So far Fringe has gotten better as the seasons progress. Let's hope it stays this way.

Yeah. It seems like it's mostly focussed on The Plot these days, and not so much the individual episodes, X-FILES style, that you had in the first and partially second season.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Anthony wrote

Hope so too. As far as it doesn't go into ridiculous Lost territory I'm happy.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Actually the more over the top Fringe gets the better. smile

Have you got the season one soundtrack yet?
  6. Nope, let's just say I'll listen while watching. Does he get in Fracture action mode sometimes? That score rocks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011 edited
    It doesn't really ever go down the route of Fracture. The largest action music has to be in episode 10 (Safe) however that's the last episode Chad Seiter scored solo. The rest of the season has Chris Tilton's more restrained (but ultimately better) sound and a few of the "Olivia is sad" etc. cues are written by Seiter.

I think Chad's music is more interesting but Tilton's has a much more solid and coherent sound to it which benefits the show.
  7. I'm now 5 episodes in. The last was the one with the 'electric guy'. Loving it so far. How the guys and girls solve the case borders on the ridiculous but it's always entertaining so I keep watching just to know how they do it.

Love the opening scenes that manage to get you hooked for the rest of the episode. And John Noble as the crazy professor is hilarious. And Anna Torv... well let's just say she can come solve the mysteries in my crazy brain any day of the week. cheesy

Didn't know Giacchino scored the opening episodes though. Or did he do the whole season?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    Giacchino wrote music for the first three or four episodes with Chad Seiter.

Seiter then wrote solo up to episode 10. The remaining episodes were scored by Chris Tilton, with Seiter writing a few "dramatic" background cues.

Season 2 onwards is entirely Tilton.
  8. Yeah saw his name in the credits, along with Chad Seiter. So episode 5 was the last Giacchino then?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    4 or 5 yes. Giacchino appears in the credits for every episode as he still look after the business end of things.

Plus his cool end title is in every episode. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011 edited
    What are peoples opinions of season 3? I think it started off well but the past few episodes have been really hokey. [spoiler] The soul-magnets and Bell's consciousness inside Olvia is laughable and the pregnancy/Lincoln love affair literally came out of no where. Was anything hinted between Lincoln and Fauxlivia before this episode? If it was I didn't see it. And I didn't think last weeks episode (Stowaway) fit in with the sci-fi nature at all.[/spoiler]
  9. Now, considering that on Sky One the most recent episode to be aired is Episode 11, "Reciprocity", is any of what you mentioned likely to be a spoiler for anything coming? rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011
    Amended to hide spoilers. I didn't realise we were so far behind! shocked
  10. Anthony wrote
    Amended to hide spoilers. I didn't realise we were so far behind! shocked

Glad that others will be able to avoid the spoilers. I'd like to say that what I know now will give me something to look forward to, but I'd rather have found out as it unfolded. Oh well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    The soul-magnets and Bell's consciousness inside Olvia is laughable

And Torv's imitation of Bell's voice is even more laughable. It is disturbing actually.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  11. For christ's sake!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    [spoiler]
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    The soul-magnets and Bell's consciousness inside Olvia is laughable

And Torv's imitation of Bell's voice is even more laughable. It is disturbing actually.

[spoiler]She was clearly more comfortable putting on the voice as the episode went on, but it's tremendously cheesy. Couldn't they have just brought Bell back himself, they never confirmed that he was dead.
    [/spoiler][/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    For christ's sake!

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. Damn and blast!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    What are peoples opinions of season 3? I think it started off well but the past few episodes have been really hokey. [spoiler] The soul-magnets and Bell's consciousness inside Olvia is laughable and the pregnancy/Lincoln love affair literally came out of no where. Was anything hinted between Lincoln and Fauxlivia before this episode? If it was I didn't see it. And I didn't think last weeks episode (Stowaway) fit in with the sci-fi nature at all.[/spoiler]

Yeah, they're stretching it a bit, but the whole universe and the characters are still involving enough to keep the interest up.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I disliked the alt-universe when it was introduced at the end of season two, warmed up to it in the early stages of season 3, and now hate it again. There are only four episodes left of the season and I can't see what it's building to. The good plot points - the machine/Sam Weiss/Observers - aren't coming up nearly enough as I'd like, and the individual case-of-the-week episodes are becoming less and less inspired.