• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    It might be the producers forcing temp tracks on him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Panthera wrote
    It might be the producers forcing temp tracks on him.

Or....while this is the most convenient and easy excuse for everyone who's doing this, it might actually be something completely different that has to do with actual compositional quality or abilities for once? I am just saying.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010 edited
    Kiner's latest ripoff in The Clone Wars is no less than James Horner's Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan... vomit I'll post links to clips for comparison, when available.
  1. Where were you all the time??
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010
    Vomiting, apparently wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Where were you all the time??

Sadly, I've 1. Been busy lately, with drivers ed, youth orchestra, symphonic band, brass quintet, horn lessons, the girlfriend, an excessive amount of homework, etc. 2. Gone through a major classical 'phase' in which I've listened to primarily only classical music, and as much as I love this forum, its layout, and the people who make up the community here, it's not focused on classical stuff, and I've long been searching for a similar forum (preferably a Vanilla forum, as I've grown addicted to that sort of layout from MainTitles). So, very few film scores have I purchased as of late, and even the ones I've wanted to buy (like Horner's Avatar), I've ended up instead spending my money on classical stuff (mostly NY Phil stuff, in particular). slant A part of me worries (is that really the right word?) that my taste for film music is either growing sour, or in need of a revival, which will perhaps come with the Toy Story 3 score release or The Last Airbender, or, if not in the near future, hopefully Giacchino's score to the next Star Trek (assuming he scores it). I have basically 'forgotten' about my old love for film music. It is not so much as I have lost respect for it, or that I dislike scores I used to cherish; when I do listen to them, I love them as much as I always did. It's just that I'm not as... adventuresome, anymore. sad I sort of hope this is just a phase. Granted, I'm currently leaning toward becoming a professional classical musician, but I still don't want that to mean that my love and collecting of scores must come to an end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Vomiting, apparently wink

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    William wrote where he was

Ah! Okay then.

You can also discover some older film music? I'm not sure where you have gone before in terms of that. I'm sure you'll find enough and having the knowledge of some members here, I'm sure they'll address you to film music combined with classical music. wink

But good you are back. Is everything you described all over, or just a pause?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    Possible just a pause. But I'm glad to be here for the time being. wink
  2. Review of Kiner's Wing Commander score

- Wing Commander

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Sorry, old thread, and I'm new here. Season 6 of The Clone Wars came out on Netflix last week and I just got through watching the first episode. I never really noticed similarities in the score to other work in the previous 5 seasons, but in this episode a particular scene caught my ear. If you've seen it, it was when the clones were leaving the base in the shuttle and I was like, woah, that sure sounded a lot like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I didn't know if it was inspiration, borrowing, or theft. Anyway, there is not a whole lot of talk on the Internet about Kiner doing stuff like this other than this thread, so I thought I would just chime in a few years later hehe.
  4. Mini featurette on Kiner scoring the "Star Wars: Rebels" series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtxExG9QW8c
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Really nice video. It's too bad Kiner has never really gotten the chance to work with a big recording budget, even for Lucasfilm...i think he's more talented than his synthy scores give the impression.