• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    This is something that Lost fans should tell. I don't watch the series regularly nor do I have any of the scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I am asking the opinions of those who have listened to them. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote
    hmm... Prometheus Records release of Cutthroat Island, anyone? punk

No. Great to have the complete score and the liner notes are superb but the release fails when it comes to production design.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Gee... Erik, you're almost impossible to please. rolleyes wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    King Arthur by Hollywood Records was a very decent release which covered most of the highlights of the film, too.

But did it go above and beyond every other score ever released? Seriously think about this guys... pick your 5 five soundtracks of all time. Consider the score, the production value, the importance of said release, etc. While King Arthur might be a solid release in your eyes Demon should it be on Hollywood Records Wall of Fame?

I mean, I would be including stuff like Alien from Intrada, Superman from FSM, The Jerry Goldsmith Box set from Varese, Raiders of the Lost Ark from DCC, The Lord of the Rings from Reprise, The Sea Hawk from Naxos/Marco Polo, etc.

-Erik-

Absolutely!

Add the expanded classic James Bond soundtracks to that list too!

Along with the expanded Bond's, ( which amongst thousands of fans were amongst the most important releases this century ) would also add Silva Screens brilliant recordings of Raise The Titanic and The Last Valley.

And how about Vareses remastered and expanded OMEN trilogy.

^This was meant to be 'quote' not 'edit' shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote
    Gee... Erik, you're almost impossible to please. rolleyes wink

I repeat...

"Did the said release go above and beyond every other score ever released? Seriously think about this guys... pick your 5 five soundtracks of all time. Consider the score, the production value, the importance of said release, etc."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Hey... the master list on the first page is missing the Arista Star Wars Anthology release and Rhinos 2CD release of Ben-Hur.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote
    Hey... the master list on the first page is missing the Arista Star Wars Anthology release and Rhinos 2CD release of Ben-Hur.

-Erik-

Adding 'em now! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Rca's 2 disc of Ennio Morricone's Moses The Lawgiver
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Good one! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Should the Indy box and FSM's Star Trek II score releases join the league here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm all for putting Star Trek II on there but I think we should be restricting this to perfect things - and the Indy box has some sound issues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Added Star Trek. A really nice score and great release! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    Added Intrada's Back To The Future release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    And Vangelis' 3-disc release of BLADE RUNNER? Or the INDIANA JONES collection, hands down!
  1. Intrada:

"Something Wicked This Way Comes"
    "The Journey of Natty Gann"
    "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend"
    "Capricorn One"
    "In Search of Peace"
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'll say no to the Indy Box Set. Far too many issues with that release to put on any Wall of Fame.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    For me, that box is the perfect representation of the scores I always wanted. Not going into that discussion again, but I'd say yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited
    BobdH wrote
    For me, that box is the perfect representation of the scores I always wanted. Not going into that discussion again, but I'd say yes.

No. Now, if we are talking about DCC's Raiders release... OH HELL YA! I'll vote for that!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    No.

I think that if you'll read carefully, Bob's opinion actually was yes... wink

EDIT: Oh...you edited it. spin
    EDIT on EDIT: and I'd actually agree...although the extended version of Last Crusade makes the Indy box top the DCC Raiders to my taste.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn