• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008 edited
    "Andrew Lockington is a composer of music for film. His credits include Lions Gate's "SkinWalkers", Samuel Goldwyn's "Saint Ralph", Sony Pictures Classics' "Touch of Pink", Lions Gate's "Cake", and the scores for the HBO features "Xchange" and "Stranger Inside".

His early work as either an orchestrator, conductor or composer's assistant saw him working for such acclaimed directors as Ang Lee, Atom Egoyan, Denzel Washington and Joel Schumacher and on such films as "8MM", "The Hulk", "The Ice Storm", "Girl Interrupted" and "Monsoon Wedding".

In March 2007, Andrew was hired to compose the score for the upcoming Warner Bros. / NewLine / Walden release "Journey To The Center of the Earth" starring Brendan Fraser. One of 2008's most anticipated releases, Journey to the Center of the Earth also holds the distinction as the first ever live-action feature film shot entirely using the "Real D" 3-D technology.

Other recent credits include the Paramount / MTV distributed "How She Move" currently in theatres, and the upcoming Indie feature "One Week", written and directed by Michael McGowan.

Continually dividing his time between Los Angeles and Toronto where he resides with his wife and 3 children, Andrew is represented by First Artists Management in Los Angeles."

Information taken from the composer's official website:
    www.andrewlockington.com

Also according to http://scoretracknet.blogspot.com/ a soundtrack album will come for Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D from New Line Recrods on July 11th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008 edited
    Skinwalkers was a very good score, can't wait to listen to this new project as well!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    Well mate the jury is still out on the Journey to the Center of the Earth soundtrack. Still thinking
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Rather nice new interview with the composer here:

http://www.runmovies.eu/index.php?view= … ;Itemid=55
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    Well mate the jury is still out on the Journey to the Center of the Earth soundtrack. Still thinking
    Tom smile

Me too! From some of the things people have said I was expecting something like Independence Day, but it's far more monothematic and, well, far less interesting.
  2. Apparently, Lockington has replaced Douglas Pipes on City of Ember.

Source: Composer Interview on www.scorenotes.com
  3. Nice interview. I wish they had played more of the score, as I am totally unfamiliar with his work.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    The score to Journey is available as an MP3 download on Amazon.com. Not sure if there will be a physical CD.

btw, I heard the score in the film last night and it was a suprisingly classical-sounding orchestral score. there were some RC-ish rhythmic ostinatos and suspense-builders going on in some parts, but the overall orchestration and sound (including the main theme) made it sound like an old-fashioned action-adventure score smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    Scribe wrote
    The score to Journey is available as an MP3 download on Amazon.com. Not sure if there will be a physical CD.

Oh gosh, I hope there's a physical CD! I dunno why but I hate download-only releases sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Scribe wrote

Oh gosh, I hope there's a physical CD! I dunno why but I hate download-only releases sad

Me too. Having something there which you can actually hope of getting signed one day is well worth the extra few $.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Not to mention the quality difference.

But I'm thankful for MP3 downloads because it's infinitely preferable to not getting a release at all...
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    There is a CD listed at Amazon.co.uk - release date was 7th July. It seems to have a Silva catalogue number:

http://www.rskentertainment.co.uk/merch … amp;step=4

But I can't seem to find it listed at Silva Screen...and no-one seems to have it in stock.

[Edit: though the "street date" at RSK is tbc.]
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I think that release of Lockington's Journey To The Centre of The Earth must have been delayed.

There's some really effective cues (as heard in the movie) and the end titles was certainly enough to make me stay into the credits (though I think that this end credits sequence is just some tracks/themes edited together.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    Hopefully the CD was just delayed and not canned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    tjguitar wrote

I hope so too. I've e-mailed him about it but I'm waiting for a reply.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    tjguitar wrote

Indeed, I ordered a copy and it's still not come. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008 edited
    A review is coming soon on maintitles. It's a good score, but not so memorable. I realy like some of the action cues near the end, especially Building the Raft, that'll be one of the cues of the year to me. The main acton theme sticks in the head quit easily, but it's gone not long after the cd has ended.
    Kazoo
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    tjguitar wrote

I hope so too. I've e-mailed him about it but I'm waiting for a reply.

I received an e-mail back from Andrew and as far as he knows the CD should have been out 7/8th July.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    A review is coming soon on maintitles. It's a good score, but not so memorable I realy like some of the action cues near the end, especially Building the Raft, that'll be one of the cues of the year to me. The main acton theme sticks in the head quit easily, but it's gone not long after the cd has ended.

If Bregt said what he did about it my advice is to avoid it unless money is no object in your life and somehow I think it is. I'd give it **
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    sdtom wrote
    Bregt wrote
    A review is coming soon on maintitles. It's a good score, but not so memorable I realy like some of the action cues near the end, especially Building the Raft, that'll be one of the cues of the year to me. The main acton theme sticks in the head quit easily, but it's gone not long after the cd has ended.

If Bregt said what he did about it my advice is to avoid it unless money is no object in your life and somehow I think it is. I'd give it **
    Tom smile

But fun counts too, and I think this score has some really fine cues. I would rate it with at least 3 stars. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We agree to disagree Bregt. Too bland for my taste. No better or worse than Meet Dave.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    What is the appeal with this music? Please help me. If anything I found it to be ear squeeking.

Tom smile
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    Well it is maybe it doesnt sound like Iron Man's juvenile rock or your typical MV wallpaper music you have these days... However I do agree with you on the generic nature of the music here. Sometimes entertaining but no real structure or whatsoever, it's rather well composed but nothing too memorable.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    •  
      CommentAuthorIcemac0
    I really enjoy the Journey to the Center of the Earth... it's alot of fun. Very upbeat...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    Haven't heard it yet but if i were to assume from what people are saying, it seems like a pretty standard, non-exciting score and that would be a shame after a great start with SKINWALKERS.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Haven't heard it yet but if i were to assume from what people are saying, it seems like a pretty standard, non-exciting score and that would be a shame after a great start with SKINWALKERS.

It's a shame that a composer has to excel with every successive score so as not to be dismissed as some sort of a failure. From what I heard in the movie it was exciting and emotional where it needed to be.

I look forward to hearing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    If you like traditional orchestral adventure scores it's actually really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    To me it is just yet another landscape generic score.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    UPCOMING LOCKINGTON SCORES | FALL 2008

Canadian born composer Andrew Lockington has been working hard and climbing his way up the ladder of sought after composers in Hollywood. Recently he set the tone for New Line Cinema's 3-D release "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

Lockington will be returning to the realm of fantasy and adventure with his score for the upcoming film "City of Ember," (in theatres October 10th). Next week his score for the indie film "One Week" will be premiering at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Author: Costa Communications