• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Good job Joep. Fun to reread some of my older reviews.
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    It's a great place to turn to when feeling sentimental!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I remember my very first post and Christian was very caustic and curt with me. I think it had to do with Maltese Falcon/Deutsch. We went on to meet and become good friends although I've not heard from him in quite awhile.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Sometimes you've just had enough, I guess. He certainly told us he'd had enough.

Speaking from my own experience, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever write soundtrack reviews again regularly. There was a couple of years where I wrote far too many, enough to get bored with the familiar rhetorical devices of the medium.

Indeed. I strongly thing people aren't interested anymore; they have rapidshare instead and who can blame them? The overall quantity (and quality, in many cases) of reviews is also degrading year by year whilst most people in the industry are now focusing on simply promoting new works and composers, and who can really blame them?

Technically speaking too, i agree with you that there aren't really exist a lot of ways anymore in which to describe the usual bag of tricks composers nowadays use in their film music, which results in reviews that inevitably follow the primal musical material's nature: generic and thousand-heard.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.