• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Martijn wrote
    Whoah! MC Mikael layin' it dooooooooown. :hifive: :secrethardrockdevilsign: :thatweirdhandshakegangstaguysdo:

Martijn + hip talk = "ouch!" cheesy

wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007 edited
    Martijn wrote
    :thatweirdhandshakegangstaguysdo:

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009 edited
    The domain name is gone too now:
    http://www.scorereviews.com/

I thought Andy would keep it, just in case.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    Which means there's no going back!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I wonder if someone will pick-up the domain name.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Sometimes you've just had enough, I guess. He certainly told us he'd had enough.

Speaking from my own experience, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever write soundtrack reviews again regularly. There was a couple of years where I wrote far too many, enough to get bored with the familiar rhetorical devices of the medium.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Keeping it fresh is indeed a challenge
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed sad wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's still registered (and has been since April 1999), but this generic website is up since August 10.
    Not sure what the legal status is now, though? Even if Andy let it go (which would have been since April this year), the registration never seems to have expired?

It's in the hands of some New York based registrar (i.e. web site farmer) now, apparently.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh well. Originally he said he wanted to keep (and own) all the content, didn't he? It's a shame if all that material has just disappeared.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    http://www.filmmusicsite.com/opinies.cg … mp;lang=en

About 1.5 years ago the webmaster of filmmuziek.com requested to use Andreas's reviews and unfortunately he agreed. I think we can all agree they belonged to no other place than to Maintitles.net.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Andy didn't ask me at all. Oh well.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Andy didn't ask me at all. Oh well.

Perhaps he asked you with prayer? You know what you gods are like, not all prayers get through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    Yup, I decided to not keep the scorereviews.com domain after all.

Regarding the reviews, I agree that they perhaps should have been posted here instead, but I just didn't think about it at the time and when filmmuziek.com contacted me about publishing the reviews on their site I said OK. Sorry about that, Bregt.
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009 edited
    Andy wrote

Oh noes! What will happen when maintitles.net dies? The visitors coming via the forum link on your site will drop now too. This will be catastrophic! shocked

Regarding the reviews, I agree that they perhaps should have been posted here instead, but I just didn't think about it at the time and when filmmuziek.com contacted me about publishing the reviews on their site I said OK. Sorry about that, Bregt.

Yes, we had this conversation when that happened. Odd thing to do, since you didn't really knew him, but better safe there, then nowhere.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I do have digital files of the small amount of reviews that I wrote and perhaps Andy has his. So it could be done?
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndy
    I think I have a backup of all the reviews somewhere. If you want it - and if I can find it! - you can have it smile
    Cookie monster
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That he saved.
    Our wonderful and keenly felt insights he deleted, but the reviews he saved. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But didn't they have tracklistings back then? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, that's alright then!
    At least we'll have the joy of annoying Bregt some more! wink
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    We don't have tracklistings now do we? Someone could look them up on soundtrack collector.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  3. Southall wrote
    Are they important? If so, why?

Well for one thing track length is always interesting to know. If I see a lot of 1 to two minute tracks my interest rapidly fades.

Bregt wrote
    Andy wrote

Oh noes! What will happen when maintitles.net dies? The visitors coming via the forum link on your site will drop now too. This will be catastrophic! shocked

Good! It'll keep the weirdo's from finding this place.

rolleyes

Damn... too late already. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Southall wrote
    Are they important? If so, why?

Well for one thing track length is always interesting to know. If I see a lot of 1 to two minute tracks my interest rapidly fades.

I can see your point but if the review's written well enough, it should be able to convey any problems of that nature. And there ARE always many other sources of track list info - though of course I realise that it would be much more convenient to have it alongside the review.

I guess I've found myself typing out tracklistings for two thousand reviews over the last ten years or so and sometimes wondering whether it's worth the bother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I suspect it is of some importance if you don't own the CD but have a copy.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    I suspect it is of some importance if you don't own the CD but have a copy.
    Thomas

Indeed. But if you have it - you don't need to read a review!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I always enjoy reading a review even if I have it.