• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    Golden Globe nominated composer Terence Blanchard recently recorded his score for Spike Lee's World War II drama, Miracle at St. Anna. The orchestral sessions took place at the Sony Scoring Stage with a 95-piece ensemble of the Hollywood Studio Symphony, and ScoringSessions.com has the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/148/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    Now, this is something we must hear! EXcellent news! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. New interview with Blanchard (including a track from the upcoming Miracle at St. Anna):
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/moviegeeks … -LIBATIQUE
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    Excellent! I'm intrigued by the film too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    Has anyone here heard his A Tale Of God's Will (A Requiem For Katrina)? I'm listening to it right now, it's gorgeous and very poignant. And I'm not even a huge jazz fan at all.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    Has anyone here heard his A Tale Of God's Will (A Requiem For Katrina)? I'm listening to it right now, it's gorgeous and very poignant. And I'm not even a huge jazz fan at all.

smile

Yes, incredibly beautiful and heartbreaking music for everyone, i am not a fan of jazz either but this is a very heartfelt musical work. Touching stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

smile

Yes, incredibly beautiful and heartbreaking music for everyone, i am not a fan of jazz either but this is a very heartfelt musical work. Touching stuff.

I love it when people say they're not a fan of jazz, jazz covers a lot of spectrums.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    New audio interview edition of On the Score at Filmmusimag.com, as composer Terence Blanchard ventures into battle for his twelth collaboration with writer-director Spike Lee on THE MIRACLE AT ST. ANNA. Putting his unique jazz spin on the epic tradition of WWII scores, Blanchard pays tribute to the Buffalo Soldiers with heartfelt Americana, ethnic riffs and stirring brass- musical that reflects the emotions of a racial minefield in the heart of Italy. It's a revealing look into one of Hollywood's most prolific, and innovate composer / director relationships:

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=1847

http://www.filmmusicmag.com
  2. Hey folks! Here's my review of MIRACLE AT ST. ANNA:

http://www.moviemusicuk.us/miraclestannacd.htm

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Thanks for that Jon, I've really been getting into Blanchard's music lately ever since I heard the beautiful music on his Requiem For Katrina album. This is definitely something I think I'd like to check out.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Thanks! The requiem for Katrina is an exquisite piece of music i wholly enjoy and return to frequently. Can't wait to hear that!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2012
    First Listen "Red Tails" over at CinemaMusica.de:
    http://www.cinemamusica.de/1707/orchest … -red-tails

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2012 edited
    Are you sure you uploaded the correct clips? Traditional orchestra WITH electric guitar, modern day backbeats, electronics shocked in a WWII dog-fighting picture? I mean, what the hell is "Opening Titles" "The Train" "Takeoff" "Junior Escapes" and "Maurice Killed" all about? Some of it sounds like left overs from Commando and Top Gun. I'm surprised they didn't add some RUNDMC and Jay-Z at the end of the album to round out the period songs in the film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2012
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Oh dear.
  3. Sounds like a misguided attempt at being contemporary and "timeless."
  4. "I want the attitude of TOP GUN."
    "Do you mean the music of TOP GUN?"
    "Yeah."
    "Well I can think of one Norwegian film score lover whose not going to flay me alive."
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012
    "Hi Terence, here's a million dollars, please write the worst music you can."
    "OK."
  5. Well, who would you all suggest as a replacement? And don't say Zimmer, RC composers, or Horner, or Giacchino. We get more than enough lately, thanks.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Well, who would you all suggest as a replacement? And don't say Zimmer, RC composers, or Horner, or Giacchino. We get more than enough lately, thanks.

Yoko Kanno. Listen to her score for Macross Plus or Frontier for the reason why. Otherwise, Joe Hisaishi.
  7. I linked an action peice by him in a thread here -- possibly the YouTube music thread. If he can do a big score like that, sure.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. I wouldn't have minded if Terence Blanchard had scored it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  9. justin boggan wrote
    I linked an action peice by him in a thread here -- possibly the YouTube music thread. If he can do a big score like that, sure.

Her. Yoko Kanno is a woman, Justin.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I linked an action peice by him in a thread here -- possibly the YouTube music thread. If he can do a big score like that, sure.

She and Bregt have a lot in common.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Are you sure you uploaded the correct clips? Traditional orchestra WITH electric guitar, modern day backbeats, electronics shocked in a WWII dog-fighting picture? I mean, what the hell is "Opening Titles" "The Train" "Takeoff" "Junior Escapes" and "Maurice Killed" all about? Some of it sounds like left overs from Commando and Top Gun. I'm surprised they didn't add some RUNDMC and Jay-Z at the end of the album to round out the period songs in the film.

-Erik-

You make it sound like the whole score is full of those anachronisms. slant
  10. Well, you'd have to be a girl to name the site MainTitles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

You make it sound like the whole score is full of those anachronisms. slant

No... And I even pointed out the specific tracks that contained those elements or did you miss that?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I wouldn't have minded if Terence Blanchard had scored it.

I approve of this post.
  11. Well, I agree that some parts are like a modern score, but still it sounds like a Blanchard score. It has a orchestral and choral (though as always, the chorus is low mixed) sound, and it has a militaristic vibe from a war movie.

But I'm glad that Blanchard finally managed to being much more aggresive with a orchestra instead of having a five notes motif being played over and over again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    justin boggan wrote

She and Bregt have a lot in common.

dizzy

justin boggan wrote
    Well, you'd have to be a girl to name the site MainTitles.

What was your suggestion again?
    Kazoo