• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013
    OK. White is good. But why?

And what music do you play on the piano?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013
    Because I wanted it!

Not much really, I can plop out the odd melody on the piano, but I'm frustratingly meh. Probably one of the reasons I have so much respect for composers who can actually write something worthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2013
    Sigh. I am in love. love

UKpiano on repeat here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    Sigh. I am in love. love

UKpiano on repeat here.

Brilliant! Thanks for that.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'm a cellist (sounds so much posher than just saying "I play cello", doesn't it? biggrin) . ABRSM Grade 6 but that was a while ago and I haven't bothered with the exams (or lessons) in the last three years so I'm probably a little rusty. I much prefer playing in orchestras/ensembles to solo performance anyway.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooooooh! Cool!!
    Any recordings anywhere? YouTube?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thor wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Sigh. I am in love. love

UKpiano on repeat here.

Brilliant! Thanks for that.

You can download free mp3's on his website and also sheet music.
    You can also buy music. But I prefer watching him play on YouTube.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Sigh. I am in love. love

UKpiano on repeat here.

He does look a bit like a young Klaus Badelt, doesn't he?
    :BlastFromThePast:

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I'm a cellist (sounds so much posher than just saying "I play cello", doesn't it? biggrin) . ABRSM Grade 6 but that was a while ago and I haven't bothered with the exams (or lessons) in the last three years so I'm probably a little rusty. I much prefer playing in orchestras/ensembles to solo performance anyway.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. tongue

That's cool. Cello is beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013
    Martijn wrote

He does look a bit like a young Klaus Badelt, doesn't he?
    :BlastFromThePast:

)

Does he? I don't see it but I'm blind. wink

So, what about some John Williams:
    Buckbeak's Flight by Mark Fowler
    dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2013
    Well! Vacation is keyboard time!

I was glad to find out I can still play Davy Jones and some of the other stuff I taught myself in Christmas vacation.

I am now practicing Transformers - Arrival to Earth which is fun. I also played the Silver melody from The Lone Ranger and I wish I knew what the chords are that go with it. I am also going to try Lovers from The House Of The Flying Daggers today.

I should learn musical notation some day...
  2. Bregje, tell me which key do you start with, I'll try to find the chords for you later.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2013
    Funny you ask. I started with D and found two chords that matched that I know from the Lonely Mountain tune.

But then I put the track on and heard I play it too low, it should start in E. When I just move the two chords one step up it still sounds right but I'm not sure and I don't know the rest.

It would be really kind of you if you could help me out a bit thank you! cheesy

And I start the melody as heard at 1:45 into the track Silver.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014
    I started taking piano lessons. Yay! Will let you know when I can play some film music. I only got two lessons so far.

I noticed today that Lucrezia's theme by McCreary shouldn't be too hard for a beginner? Will ask my teacher.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014
    Well done Bregje! Piano is a wonderful instrument! Each time I play I forget everything that bothers me!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2014
    Thanks Stavroula! Yes, it is a great way to relax and put things like work in the right perspective.

Drawing has the same effect. So that's what I started this september. Piano lessons and art lessons and now work seems only work to me and not my life or death.

Piano: I'm almost far enough to request music I like, said my teacher. But I send in some requests this week anyway tongue because I wondered if these are easy enough for me to play now: Lucrezia Donati (McCreary), Death Is My Heir (Korzeniowski) and Davy Jones (Zimmer). He didn't reply yet. I think because of autumn vacation. But we'll see next week.