• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    It's been rejected by the producers according to Nyman on Facebook.

Really? I don't see it anywhere on his official page...

EDIT: I can now see the news at some other Michael Nyman page. You sure this is legit? The page claiming to be 'official' doesn't mention anything. Also, if that's Nyman typing, his words are rather crude (also: WeTakeThePiss productions? Isn't that a hint?). Oh well, IF that is really him typing this, at least we will hear the music he composed for the film in an upcoming symphony.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013
    Yeah, that's really him. He's frequently rather crude.
  1. BobdH wrote
    Southall wrote
    It's been rejected by the producers according to Nyman on Facebook.

Really? I don't see it anywhere on his official page...

EDIT: I can now see the news at some other Michael Nyman page. You sure this is legit? The page claiming to be 'official' doesn't mention anything. Also, if that's Nyman typing, his words are rather crude (also: WeTakeThePiss productions? Isn't that a hint?). Oh well, IF that is really him typing this, at least we will hear the music he composed for the film in an upcoming symphony.

He didn't say that he'll reuse the composed music in the symphony. I don't think he even can, because having rejected his score rather than him quitting, the studio retained the rights.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013
    True, there was just a poster in the comments that assumed it with which I went along.
  2. It can also rely on the contract. Sometimes a composer may write into it that they keep the rights, or certain rights like performance. And sometimes a studio may offer to sell the rights of a score to a composer (I assume this is rare these days though).

Revell kept the rights to his rejected "The 13th Warrior" score, for example.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013 edited
    After a user at the Facebook page expressed the hope he would release the music under a different title to the public, Nyman responded with "I usually do, it's the only 'protection' composers have!". Another user later suggested he'd transform it into a Piano Concerto, which Nyman responded with "Definitely possible - maybe a symphony with piano obbligato!" So there's some hope for it.