• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I've not really been following what Shearmur has been up to recently, but I haven't heard of him doing much recently. So, thanks Dan for the link.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Yes he has. He scored three films last year, and has like four or five lined up this year (including Road Trip). That's more than I can say -- sadly -- about David Newman.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Nothing special those last Shearmur scores are, at all.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Yes he has. He scored three films last year, and has like four or five lined up this year (including Road Trip). That's more than I can say -- sadly -- about David Newman.

Maybe Newman's been more involved in the "backroom" stuff after taking over the presidency of The Film Music Society? But then again, I've not seen much from him on that side of things either - at least from any literature from the Society might suggest.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008
    the man punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    the man punk

Uhhhhh yeah right confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's just a picture of the man in question.
    Not every hyperlink is funny, ironic and/or a LOLcat. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    It's just a picture of the man in question.
    Not every hyperlink is funny, ironic and/or a LOLcat. smile

It might have helped if I'd looked at the thread title rolleyes

I liked the pic, where's it from?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Eh, Shearmur?
    Or the LOLCtulhu?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Eh, Shearmur?
    Or the LOLCtulhu?

Ctulhu biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008 edited
    Believe it or not, but from www.lolctulhu.com!
    I swear, this whole idea has the potential to keep me entertained for years! biggrin

(Though I fully realize I'll probably get lynched well before that time... slant )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Never stop with the lolcats!

I find them mostly hilarious and absurd. The fact that it has a whole world on its own does make it even funnier. And I've no idea how you all come up wth them for each possible situation.

biggrin cat
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    And I've no idea how you all come up wth them for each possible situation.

biggrin cat

Observation. That's how they do it.

Oh no. I'm giving in on a hype!

P.S.: They rock!
    P.P.S.: Look! It's the effect of Looza Ace!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    lol
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Bregt wrote
    And I've no idea how you all come up wth them for each possible situation.

biggrin cat

Observation. That's how they do it.

Oh no. I'm giving in on a hype!

P.S.: They rock!
    P.P.S.: Look! It's the effect of Looza Ace!

Avoid Looza Ace I must! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Again I ask - what is Looza Ace?!
  4. Anthony wrote

hihi, that's an orange drink but with various fruits mixed into it, like kiwi, passion fruit, ... 6 fruits to be exact

Or am I wrong Bregt?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Anthony wrote

hihi, that's an orange drink but with various fruits mixed into it, like kiwi, passion fruit, ... 6 fruits to be exact

Or am I wrong Bregt?

You iz L00za n00b. biggrin

Looza ACE to be exact, is a multi fruit and vegetable drink. It's orange indeed, containing 13 (!!!) concentrated juices of fruit and vegetables. Carrot, passion fruit, apple, orange, pineapple, ... A perfect mix I'd say.

It's delicious! Sugary too (naturally flavoured).
    It's my favourite drink, next to water and milk (yes, milk!).
    It comes before tea, piss beer, other beer, wine, port, or any alcohol related drink.

You may know it too of an other brand that incorporates the letters A, C and E (vitamines) in its name. But Looza was the first one and is still the orignal and best juice drink I've ever tasted.

I'll bring a bottle to the UK Meeting! smile

Martijn can proove its excellence as I gave him a small bottle at th last scorereviews meeting in The Hague last year.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Poor ol' Shearmur
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Poor ol' Shearmur

LOL biggrin

Does he drink Looza too? wink
  5. It seems that Shearmur's score for Passengers will be released by Varese Sarabande if you take a close look at the movie posters credits: http://impawards.com/2008/passengers.html
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2008
    Ooh, interesting. Nice find.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Doesn't exactly look as though it will inspire great film music?

'Ang on, have we swapped roles here? Anthony's being optimistic, I'm being pessimistic!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Scorefanatic wrote
    It seems that Shearmur's score for Passengers will be released by Varese Sarabande if you take a close look at the movie posters credits: http://impawards.com/2008/passengers.html

Very nice news, thanks for sharing. I am always looking forward to each and every new Shearmur work.

Steven wrote
    Doesn't exactly look as though it will inspire great film music?

'Ang on, have we swapped roles here? Anthony's being optimistic, I'm being pessimistic!?

It's Shearmur; he's one of those most likely to deliver something worthwhile out of nowhere, imo.
  6. PASSENGERS
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Edward Shearmur

Anne Hathaway
    Patrick Wilson

After a plane crash, a young therapist, Claire (Anne Hathaway), is assigned by her mentor (Andre Braugher) to counsel the flight's five survivors. When they share their recollections of the incident -- which some say include an explosion that the airline claims never happened — Claire is intrigued by Eric (Patrick Wilson), the most secretive of the passengers. Just as Claire's professional relationship with Eric — despite her better judgment -- blossoms into a romance, the survivors begin to disappear mysteriously, one by one. Claire suspects that Eric may hold all the answers and becomes determined to uncover the truth, no matter the consequences.

The mysterious and lovely score is by Edward Shearmur.

TriStar Pictures will open PASSENGERS on October 24.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 930 2
    Release Date: 10/21/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Since LOST, plane crashes have been very fashionable! wink Looking forward to the score.
  7. I recall an interview from last year where I think he said the score was electronic.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    K-PAX is mostly electronic but it's a hell of a gem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    As far as blatant, shameless Thomas Newman rip-offs go, K-Pax is one of the better ones. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked