• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    PASSENGERS (CD)
    Edward Shearmur

A grief counselor working with a group of plane-crash survivors finds herself at the root of a mystery when her clients begin to disappear. 2008

1. The Wreckage (01:26)
    2. Group Therapy (02:20)
    3. House Call (01:08)
    4. What Do You Remember (02:46)
    5. Norman (03:09)
    6. At The Museum (02:54)
    7. Giving Eric The Key (01:31)
    8. Eric At Midnight (01:25)
    9. Arkin (01:45)
    10. Rooftop (01:35)
    11. Motorcycle Fix (03:21)
    12. Norman's House (03:59)
    13. Eric Remembers (03:58)
    14. Porch (02:36)
    15. Epiphany (03:13)
    16. At Peace (02:29)
    17. End Titles (04:26)

Total Duration: 00:44:01

CD COVER / INFO:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10518
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    shocked

Ditto shocked

I never thought of K-Pax as a T. Newman rip off score. Now if it was composed by Aaron Zigman you might have an argument. wink However, it's been a while since I've listened to K-Pax so maybe I should revisit it soon.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bah, leave that stuff. Watch the movie, listen to the score. Listen to it on CD, close your eyes.....bliss.
    • CommentAuthordman
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    WOW.

Passengers is definitely my favorite Shearmur so far.
    It's electronic as he did say, but there's some beautiful piano and lush strings.
    Great sound and just really well composed so far in.

(It actually does, come to think of it, sound a little like something Newman would write, but not in a rip-off kind of way, rather just using odd instrumentation and lovely sounding...I don't know)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anything like K-PAX? If yes, i am SO sold.
  1. I don't see K-Pax as a shameless rip of Newman too. OK, there is an idea here and there (preference over percussion sounds, e.g.), but still it is mostly beautiful electronica.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Call me crazy, but Sky Captain is my favourite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Easily!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. It is to a lot of people due to its old school character.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Williams-esque character. It's a good score for sure, same goes for everything he's done imo, REIGN OF FIRE, COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO, great stuff as well. But i am sucker for small, intimate and melancolic listens. Minimalistic elements are always welcome and modern urban beats laid below touching piano and soothing, fragile strings always get me like nothing else.
  3. Also, K-Pax is just very inspired, you can hear that it's a thought out work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh and THE GOVERNESS. How could i forget that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    dman wrote
    WOW.

Passengers is definitely my favorite Shearmur so far.
    It's electronic as he did say, but there's some beautiful piano and lush strings.
    Great sound and just really well composed so far in.

Wow, I'll have to give this one a more careful listen then. Sounded rather mediocre to me - textural and bland, standard thriller score. I was extremely disappointed by it.
    • CommentAuthordman
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008 edited
    I also think it's very possible I just have bad taste in film music....and I make rash judgements.

I don't think is my favorite of his, but it's up there. I'm one of those who really liked his work on The Starter Wife, but of course I really love K-Pax, Monte Cristo and Sky Captain.

Monte Cristo is one that I actually forgot about completely, but that's a fantastic score.
    He is just a really talented composer who doesn't get the projects he should be getting.

I guess I liked Passengers so much because I was expecting something else (maybe even generic), but I really like textural scores that are melodic, like this one. I don't even know if any of that makes sense.
    • CommentAuthordman
    Oh, and I should add -- I think Passengers sound a LOT like the music for the show House.
    I think the music in House works quite well and it's pretty catchy too, so I guess this also partially explains why I took to Passengers. It could be just me, again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    The full score (2 cd) of Sky Captain has some nice tracks which were (of course) not on the original release.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Easily!

-Erik-

Ditto. Then probably The Count Of Monte Cristo. beer

Talos wrote
    The full score (2 cd) of Sky Captain has some nice tracks which were (of course) not on the original release.

But it's a shame it never came out in anything above 192kbps. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    But it's a shame it never came out in anything above 192kbps. sad

Yeah! I hope it gets released officially one day!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I really like Edward's score for Passengers and I think Demetris will too. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Swweeet
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    PASSENGERS

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10518
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2009
    Towards the end of last year, composer Edward Shearmur was at the Newman Scoring Stage to record his score to the new comedy, Bride Wars. ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/167/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  4. goodie, it could have been T4, but noooo it has to be a romantic comedy

Hooraaaayyy angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    Review of 2008's "RIGHTEOUS KILL" for anyone interested:

http://www.demetrischristodoulides.com/ … kill-2008/
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    That's a good and honest review there. I love Shearmur's work. But may have to skip this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010
    MOTHER AND CHILD
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Edward Shearmur

Naomi Watts
    Annette Bening
    Kerry Washington
    Jimmy Smits
    and Samuel L. Jackson

Writer/director Rodrigo García (Nine Lives) teams with executive producer Alejandro González Iñárritu to craft MOTHER AND CHILD, a drama highlighting the powerful bond between a mother and her son. It's been years since Karen (Annette Bening) gave her daughter, Elizabeth, up for adoption, and the decision to abandon her child has always haunted her. Upon meeting laid-back Paco (Jimmy Smits), Karen permits her anxiety and mistrust to get the best of her. On the surface it appears that Elizabeth (Naomi Watts) is none the worse for never knowing her biological mother; she's a fast-talking lawyer who's just landed a high-profile job at a firm fronted by Paul (Samuel L. Jackson), though her unsavory penchant for exploiting others is about to blow up in her face.

Composer Edward Shearmur, known for his scores for Reign Of Fire, Charlie’s Angels and Miss Congeniality, proves equally adept at providing a sympathetic and touching musical palette for MOTHER AND CHILD.

MOTHER AND CHILD made its US premiere at the Sundance Film Festival, and Sony Pictures Classics will start its theatrical rollout May 7.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 021 2
    Release Date: 05/11/10
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sleep

I want him doing more big shit stuff.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He's too good to just be working on these small drama type films. He really does need an action adventure from time to time, he's too good a talent not to be working on those films! (You only have to listen to either Sky Captain, Monte Cristo or Reign Of Fire to reaffirm this fact.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010 edited
    Yeah, because when you're not a good composer you should compose for small drama type films. wink

Shouldn't be able to score these as well, and try to be as interesting as the big works?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Yeah, because when you're not a good composer you should compose for small drama type films. wink

I didn't say that. I said he's too good to JUST be working on small drama type films, i.e. his talents can cater for just about anything - particularly action/adventure.