• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hammer's score to the 2006 film "Cocaine Cowboys" is on iTunes. Sady only iTunes.

The movie's official site has a different cue playing on all the pages, if you are interested in hearing it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I watched the film "secret admirer" the other day and I must say I got the main theme stuck in my head.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    Mostly familiar with Hammer's work with other artists as a keyboard player. However I love his 'Crockett's Theme' from Miami Vice.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    I've heard most of this score and it's really superb stuff. Deserves a CD release. Has that ethereal urban sound that was in parts of MIAMI VICE or HEAT.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Got an e-mail about his newly redesigned site:

janhammer.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    A composer I have nothing from
    listen to more classical music!
  4. sdtom wrote

Aside from the 95% re-recordings OOP 2CD set of "Miami Vice", I don't think there is anything to get. He's very poorly represented. I'll have to check Soundtrackcollector -- maybe an LP or two skipped my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    Miami Vice might be represented on a compilation CD or two that I have. It is a show I vaguely remember. Didn't Don Johnson star in it????
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Yeah, it's only like one of the biggest things to come out of the '80's. He also starred in "Nash Bridges".
  6. I think that there is a couple of compilation albums (as well as the Miami Vice CDs) that contain additional music from this series as well as some additional music from other shows.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    Well, there's a bunch of stuff from his Mahavishnu Orchestra stuff available.

As far as his filmography is concerned, though, I'm not too sure. I also have some snippets from his COCAINE COWBOYS score.

Btw, the 2CD MIAMI VICE set is one of my favourite and most-played discs!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote

Crockett's theme is absolutely stunning. It might sound a bit cheesy..... because it is.... but give it time to grow on you, it really is an extraordinary theme.

I also dig his Forever tonight piece.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    sdtom wrote

Crockett's theme is absolutely stunning. It might sound a bit cheesy..... because it is.... but give it time to grow on you, it really is an extraordinary theme.

I also dig his Forever tonight piece.

Peter punk

I love them both.

Crockett's Theme, for me, will always be associated with standing in a railway station in Madrid waiting for a train.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited
    It's great when a piece of music can take you straight back to a past time. No matter how mundane.

(Of course, I'm not suggesting your experience was mundane.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Crockett's Theme, for me, will always be associated with standing in a railway station in Madrid waiting for a train.

Funny how music sometimes gets attached to certain memories, the same way smells can. You listened to it while waiting for the train?

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    Yes, it was a long wait and someone had a tape player and it was the first time I'd heard it and it stuck, the stranger with the player played it about four times.

And yes, Lee, it was mundane, and yes, it's odd how the most mundane of moments can be so memorable smile
  7. A dog plays Crockett's Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIQ_pJzU-rI
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015
    justin boggan wrote
    A dog plays Crockett's Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIQ_pJzU-rI

We've certainly come to a period in time where Jan Hammer news is becoming more and more rare.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. New interview with the composer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV3ebI9yLi4

Apparently this is from a longer interview.
  9. Got this in an e-mail from Hammer's website:

Win A Vintage Minimoog Synth Signed By Jan Hammer!
    Proceeds To Benefit The Bob Moog Foundation

Greetings from janhammer.com.

The Bob Moog Foundation is currently raffling off a vintage 1974 Minimoog Model D synth that has been personally signed by Jan Hammer.

A mainstay of Jan's early classic recordings, and widely regarded as perhaps the most iconic synthesizer of all time, the Minimoog Model D is highly sought by performers and collectors alike and commonly resells for prices in excess of $5000.

The Bob Moog Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to encourage creativity through the intersection of science, music and innovation. The proceeds from this raffle will go to benefit the foundation’s educational and historical preservation projects.

More information about the contest may be found at:
    http://moogfoundation.org/raffle-vintag … an-hammer/

Tickets may be purchased through the Bob Moog Foundation's online store at:
    https://bobmoogfoundation.myshopify.com … jan-hammer

Good luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2021
    Jon Aanensen provides a filmography for Hammer:

http://celluloidtunes.no/jan-hammer-a-filmography/
    I am extremely serious.