• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008 edited
    First of all, a very big thank you to Tommy_Boy for his help! He not only helped me out with the clips and hints, but also uploaded the clips for me because of my terrible connection speed I wasn't able to do it. My sincere thanks to you, Tommy! beer kiss

So here, I have chosen 20 clips from various Disney clips - both very recent and very old, both classic and some somewhat unknown. I have chosen portions of clips by which some of which are (IMO) easy to identify, while some are a bit more difficult. I have chosen portions which I personally like a lot and think would be nice for discovering the score for those who haven't heard it yet. The hints are written by me and Thomas together.

There are 20 clips in all, and one bonus clip. They're worth 2 points each (1 point if you guess only the composer), 2 for the bonus too. Most of them are available on official releases.

Here are the clips - https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01FUGhSSU9oMlZFQlE9PQ

And here are the hints -

1 - It received only one Oscar nomination; this film is regarded as the birth of Disney's success

2 - One of Disney's most endearing projects still, it won 2 Oscars, both for its music

3 - This movie has been known to have quite a lot of similarities with another Disney film released in 1994

4 - Like most most movies, it received as well its live version movie in 2003

5 - The composer is more famous for an Oscar nominated score adapted from a ballet of the same name

6 - A television series that received a nice orchestral score, it puts a beloved character of movie 5 in another setting

7 - One of the earliest movies where Disney began using computer software to portray the grandeur of the movie's majesty

8 - This film has been called one of the most controversial films in Disney history

9 - This score won the famous composer his first and so far only Oscar

10 - This is one of the very few Disney movies to have more than one sequel planned.

11 - The multi Oscar winning composer has called this movie a very underrated one

12 - This film was the most successful of the two films with a very similar theme released at almost the same time

13 - This Oscar nominated score is the only Disney score by this renowned composer

14 - Much better film than its prequel, in here the same composer returns offering his known style in a cowboy setting

15 - Nominated in the song department, this score was largely forgotten, nonethless coming from one of the busiest composers in the business

16 - This score has been considered to have two halves, the second of which is considered to be more mature, dark and action packed.

17 - An Oscar winning composer chose to score another film with a similar setting and theme instead of this one, but this turned out to be much more successful than the former.

18 - The same composer of clip 15 throws in a more memorable score, even though the album only partially presented this on disc

19 - The composer's music is more memorable than the movie, that happens if you want to rip off a movie from a more successful movie of the year before

20 - A recent heartthrob score by a rising heartthrob composer!

BONUS - An unreleased and very underrated score by a very underrated composer, this score was available only as a set of clips from the composer's site earlier

This is my first game hosted so please tell me what you liked and disliked about it, all suggestions are welcome! Enjoy! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    Excellent! I know far more about Disney than a person of my age and gender should. Downloading it at the moment.
  1. Southall wrote
    Excellent! I know far more about Disney than a person of my age and gender should. Downloading it at the moment.

I don't know if that is something to be proud of James tongue

Ps, glad to have helped Ravi wink
    Have fun hosting the game buddy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, I wonder what clip 9 could possibly be? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    Hmm, I wonder what clip 9 could possibly be? wink

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008
    Clip 18 is such a blatant rip-off of something else... there could only ever be one "composer"!

I'll be submitting some guesses later on today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    So, should we submit our guesses here or PM them to you Demon Star?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Sylvos wrote
    So, should we submit our guesses here or PM them to you Demon Star?

Via PM to DemonStar.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008 edited
    Probably this is the only one Guess The Score Game I can play! Thanks biggrin

Older movies (pre-Little Mermaid) must be tricky... I saw almost all of them as a kid, but I don't have soundtracks (except one) and I left all my VHS collections at my parents' home! crazy

And there are a few recent films I haven't seen yet... shame

Anyway I'll sent my answers later!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Looks like I made it a bit too easy, the two people who sent me so far guessed most of the clips! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I have a few questions...

When I can identify the title of a movie, but can't remember its composer (or spelling of the composer's name), can I look up IMDb or other sites? Is it counted as "cheating"??

And all those clips are from animated movies produced by Walt Disney Pictures, right?

...I can almost cry by hearing only 1 min. clip of that score... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Miya wrote

When I can identify the title of a movie, but can't remember its composer (or spelling of the composer's name), can I look up IMDb or other sites? Is it counted as "cheating"??

Everything's allowed.... except for death threats.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    DemonStar wrote
    Looks like I made it a bit too easy, the two people who sent me so far guessed most of the clips! tongue

It's not that easy actually. I figured most of the older stuff out from the hints not the music! biggrin
    Excellent quiz though. Didn't know Disney Logo's music is taken from #2 nor did I know #6 had a release of any sort. I recognize the music that kicks in around 0:38 of that sample. Remarkable villain tune... I still remember it after all these years... punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DemonStar wrote

Don't worry, I know nothing about Disney stuff, I'll drag the average down for sure.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote

Well, nobody's going to stop you are they...? It's not like the makers of these GTS games can track your internet browsing! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sylvos wrote
    nor did I know #6 had a release of any sort. I recognize the music that kicks in around 0:38 of that sample. Remarkable villain tune... I still remember it after all these years... punk

It doesn't have an official release actually wink Yeah, I love that music too, that's why I put it in hoping people would probably like it even if they can't recognise it! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    And all those clips are from animated movies produced by Walt Disney Pictures, right?

Yep. I chose only animated scores for this game.

...I can almost cry by hearing only 1 min. clip of that score... biggrin

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    plindboe wrote
    Miya wrote

Everything's allowed.... except for death threats.

Peter smile

LOL, ok! biggrin

Steven wrote
    Well, nobody's going to stop you are they...? It's not like the makers of these GTS games can track your internet browsing! dizzy

They don't do that...?! shocked tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll give this a go when later but I don't hold out much hope as Disney isn't my cup o' tea.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Arright, here is the current status - Miya has guessed all the clips correctly except the bonus! Southall and Sylvos are tied at 36 points, with Sylvos correctly guessing the bonus. The Grey Pilgrim is fourth. So these are the points -

Miya - 40 points punk
    Southall - 36 points
    Sylvos - 36 points
    The Grey Pilgrim - 28 points

Well done guys, keep going! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Having..problems..reading...the..other word that is..together with.."magic" on the same ...sentence while it shouldn't.

wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Arright, here is the current status - Miya has guessed all the clips correctly except the bonus! Southall and Sylvos are tied at 36 points, with Sylvos correctly guessing the bonus. The Grey Pilgrim is fourth. So these are the points -

Miya - 40 points punk
    Southall - 36 points
    Sylvos - 36 points

Well done guys, keep going! beer

pfff, I could easily get the highest score, but then I got the answers haven't I biggrin
    I accept paypall or CD's for the answers tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

LOL biggrin
  3. TheTelmarine wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

LOL biggrin

you sir, you seem interested tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

bounce

Updated scores -

Miya - 40 points punk
    Southall - 36 points
    Sylvos - 36 points
    TheTelmarine - 30 Points
    FalkirkBairn - 22 points
  4. I'm last - with 22 points! sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm last - with 22 points! sad

considering I co aided the game, I can honestly say you would not have been last if I played if I didn't prepare this game, so it is not that easy smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

LOL biggrin

Well... as a matter of fact... tongue
  6. TheTelmarine wrote