• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. No thread? Geez...

Anyway, his autobiography is for sale:
    Mission: Click Me

This book was of course brought to my attention because a whole chapter deals exclusively with his rejected score to "The Exorcist".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    "No thread?"

That is a bit shameful for such a fine and hugely talented composer but to be fair, just how many people on this board are interested in Schifrin? Me, Martijn, one or two others.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, to be fair, what kind of outstanding work has Lalo showcased during the last years in order to be noticed again widely?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, Harry Gregson-Williams's thread has 393 posts in it, so your theory that number of posts has anything to do with the production of outstanding scores has gone straight out of the window!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not counting attention by number of posts, but even so, HGW does bring out new stuff all the time, even of dubious quality.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Well, Harry Gregson-Williams's thread has 393 posts in it, so your theory that number of posts has anything to do with the production of outstanding scores has gone straight out of the window!

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    "No thread?"

That is a bit shameful for such a fine and hugely talented composer but to be fair, just how many people on this board are interested in Schifrin? Me, Martijn, one or two others.

Guilt trip much!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    "No thread?"

Guilt trip much!

Nah! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    Lalo rules!

His MANNIX rerecording gets constant spins over here. It even works as swingin' party music (at least some of it)!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Hey, I love him too! Recently listening a lot to his Scorpio music from Dirty Harry!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hey, I love him too! Recently listening a lot to his Scorpio music from Dirty Harry!

DIRTY HARRY is a fantastic film score! Perfect in the film and great on album too. 'Scorpio' is one of the great villain themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008
    I got a copy of his autobiography and am reading. I'll do a review when I finish it. By the way it contains a CD of his music. Hmm did I suggest that in another thread.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    Lost ya Tom, anyway I found a copy of Bullit and I do really like that cue Shifting Gears.

Cool Man!!

Good luck and take care my friend.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    An excellent effort on his part.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    I just had a listen to "Dead Pool", the fifth and final installment of the Harry C. series by Clint Eastwood. The theme immediately got my attention. Look for a review soon.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/t … -schifrin/

completed review
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

Good review Tom beer

Tom, do you know any of the "name" jazz musicians who've worked on the "Dirty Harry" films? I seem to remember reading somewhere that Stanley Clarke played bass on Sudden Impact!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I wouldn't be surprised. I'll see what I can find out.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    Montuno

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    Had my first listen to SkyRiders a soon to be released CD on the Aleph label. Hard to believe that this was #43 on his label. The first track, "Flying Circus," is a 6+ minute cue that is split into two different circus/carousel style songs which are pleasant to listen to. A lot of underscore after that.
    Thomas smile
  3. just received Sky Riders (thanks Bregt kiss )
    and quite frankly I never heard of it

anyone heard this one yet?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    I'll ask the question again. Has anyone seen Sky Riders?
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I haven't found anyone who has.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Perhaps some people at IMDB?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075229/usercomments
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm going to see about getting a copy (VHS only) from this store in town.
    Thomas
  4. sdtom wrote
    I'll ask the question again. Has anyone seen Sky Riders?
    Thomas

No.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    I've asked a lot of people and no one has ever seen it. Somehow I'm not looking forward to this experience.
    Thomas sad
  5. sdtom wrote
    I've asked a lot of people and no one has ever seen it. Somehow I'm not looking forward to this experience.
    Thomas sad

it is one of those old classics we never heard about
    it will probably be re made sooner or later
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

it is one of those old classics we never heard about
    it will probably be re made sooner or later

I sure hope not.
    Thomas