• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008
    One of my favourite game/TV composers. He has composed some of my favourite video game scores like Supreme Commander, Icewind Dale, Guild Wars, Elder Scrolls and the scores of the first four Harry Potter games. He also composed TV scores to CS Lewis: Beyond Narnia and Beyond the Yellow Brick Road: The Making of Tin Man. But his video game scores are as good as many recent film scores IMO! punk
  1. Is it just me or does most computer game music sound the same?
  2. Antineutrino wrote
    Is it just me or does most computer game music sound the same?

you mean of Soule of game music in general?
    In the case of game music you're so wrong bud. There are countless examples how different game music is, so better weigh those words the next time wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Ps, Total Annihilation holds probably some of Soule's most stunning music so far
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    LOL sounds like someone doesn't even listen to video game music. Or is stuck on FINAL FANTASY MCXXIVVI
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited
    Well don't take this wrong but in the case of Soule, all his music tends to sound the same, it's only in his themes you can spot the talent for writing memorable melodies but not much else, also the use of limited synthesized orchestra doesn't help. I can't remember how many times I listened to his 2-hour or 3-hour scores for various RPGs and just dozed off so to speak, because of the blandness and repetitive nature of his music.

Total Annihilation is his best work, for one because it's done by a true orchestra.

His themes for Elder Scrolls III are also great. And for Icewind Dale I made a suite that's spectacular to listen to.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    Anyone know if this music is composed by Jeremy Soule? Read somewhere that he's doing the music for that game. Sounds very cool though...
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/game-engine-elder-scrolls/710872

Also, sounds a lot like Christopher Lee narrating smile
  4. Yes, Mr.Soule does compose for that game. Here's the documentary for the music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoSV1CERCr0
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    Cool, thanks. That is an excellent piece of music! punk
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2011
    Has anyone listened to the The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim soundtrack here? I would like to know if there are other cues in the style of "Dragonborn", the opening track of the soundtrack, on the album. If so can you name them?
  5. 1-01 Dragonborn
    1-11 Death or Sovngarde
    1-16 Steel on Steel
    2-10 One They Fear
    3-08 Blood and Steel
    3-12 Watch the Skies
    3-17 Sovngarde

Those are the most epic sounding cues in the entire score. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    Best game score of the year, by far. Outstanding work.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Best game score of the year, by far. Outstanding work.

Agreed!!! beer
  6. Is this only available on CD?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. So far, an iTunes version is supposed to be in the works, which is where I'm buying it.
  8. Cheers!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. I want to buy the digital version, as the four discs (the last being one gigantic ambient track) are a bit too much. I want to make my own truncated version, the best possible listen in just under 80 minutes.
  10. I need to be convinced that this is the best game score of 2011.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've not listened to Skyrim in its entirety, but nothing I've heard so far convinces me that it's better than Hisaishi's Ni No Kuni. (As good as Soule's score is.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Ni No Kuni? I have not heard of that. I'm most curious to know more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's basically a Studio Ghibly game for the PS3. It certainly has one of the best themes I've heard this year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    It's basically a Studio Ghibly game for the PS3. It certainly has one of the best themes I've heard this year!

It's good. It really reminds me of something else I can't quite put my finger on yet.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Steven wrote

OK. It certainly sounds good.
    If I heard that piece without knowing its origin I would have guessed it was Hisaishi.
    But I can't say I'm strongly grabbed by it despite how good it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Steven wrote

beer

I agree.

Me-----> a Joe Hisaishi nuts! spin
  11. For those that are interested I've made an 80 minute playlist with what I consider the best presentation of Jeremy's fantastic score to Skyrim. I've basically eliminated all the purely atmospheric cues without melody because quite frankly those are boring. I've rearranged one or two tracks for a better experience. What remains is beautiful, captivating and magical. Enough to transport you to a far away place full of beauty and wonder. Enjoy!

1-01 Dragonborn
    1-03 From Past to Present
    1-04 Unbroken Road
    1-05 Ancient Stones
    1-11 Death or Sovngarde
    1-10 Under an Ancient Sun
    1-14 Dawn
    1-16 Steel on Steel
    2-04 Kyne's Peace
    2-06 Far Horizons
    2-07 A Winter's Tale
    2-10 One They Fear
    2-13 Standing Stones
    2-09 The Streets of Whiterun
    3-04 Around the Fire
    3-08 Blood and Steel
    3-12 Watch the Skies
    3-17 Sovngarde
    3-18 Wind Guide You
  12. Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like Soule's music at all? I tried two scores from him, among them Oblivion, but I turned it off half-way. He didn't impress me at all!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. Give Skyrim a try, it's much better, more melodic and lovely. Use my playlist.
  14. I don't like Oblivion much. Eye of the North is the one to try.