• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008 edited
    Thoughts anyone? It's certainly...different. It's too early to decide whether I prefer it to the old one yet.

I must say it looks a LOT cleaner than before, and I like the separate tabs for status updates and pictures. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    ...new...Facebook?

I hadn't even gotten used to the old one yet.
    Not visiting there much any more.
    Nobody fun around.

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Wait, there's a NEW Coca Cola?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Looks identical to me. Why can't I see anything different?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I had a little message on the news thing saying "9 of your friends have tried the new Facebook! Click here to try..." and it switched over. There must be something to press. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Looks identical to me. Why can't I see anything different?

Probably the same reason my Dad has trouble using the internet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    I had a little message on the news thing saying "9 of your friends have tried the new Facebook! Click here to try..." and it switched over. There must be something to press. smile

I can't find it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Should be at the top of the page? I don't actually have a FB account anymore, no need for one. But my Bro said it should be at the top right hand corner?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh. You're on your own then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't see it either.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can opt out and opt back in via a tab at the top.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Facebook gets more boring and irritating (*cough* applications) day after day; with the reputed privacy rape going on and with us actually signing for it, i am seriously considering shutting my profile down soon.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Facebook gets more boring and irritating (*cough* applications) day after day; with the reputed privacy rape going on and with us actually signing for it, i am seriously considering shutting my profile down soon.

I used to have one, but shut it down for basically the same reasons you are considering shutting yours down. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Privacy rape? What are they planning on changing?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    My god it's awful!

vomit

mc
  1. TheTelmarine wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I used to have one, but shut it down for basically the same reasons you are considering shutting yours down. wink

Isn't it the case that, even though you shut down your profile, they keep your data on file?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    Tabs at the top?
    Can't find anything related to anything new. At all!
    confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008 edited
    Dunno then. I've quit, I've got a badge and a sponsor and have been going to meetings and everything.... but I've FINALLY QUIT!!!! cry <-tears of happiness
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...though my drug dealer has changed addresses, so I haven't really. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Isn't it the case that, even though you shut down your profile, they keep your data on file?

Yeah i've heard that they keep it for their records but once you delete your account your profile should go offiline? Anyone know for sure?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I hadn't used Facebook for a really long time either and the notifications / applications were annoying me too. But I've never seen a programme that's so easy to upload photo's, make albums, add comments and everything. That's what I love about it. Especially now that I know how to use the public link so I can share my pictures with family and others who are not on Facebook.

I did see the 'try the new facebook' bar at the the top of the page but I'm not good with changes so I didn't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Facebook is great!

I hadn't noticed anything new untill someone mentioned the new.facebook.com link above. It doesn't look terribly different there either, but still very user-friendly. I'd say bring it on! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    Either my friends are the most boring you could have, or the news feed on Facebook isn't updating. I've seen the same stories for 4 days now! Has anyone else had this problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes Anthony, me too. A bit disconcerting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No problems for me......check out your account settings, if everything's all right and you don't have them all accidentally in limited profiles / ignore, then you do have boring friends wink kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Plus, if you click on FRIENDS (top of page) you'll see all the status updates that used to pop up in front of you in the ol'facebook.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm just talking about the "Mr X. posted a new photo album", "Mr. X is now friends with Mrs. Y. They found eachother using the friend finder" etc. Nothing. sad
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008 edited
    actually if you delete your account you re-instate it very very easily, so they must keep your data.

(of course this was when it was only a school network thng....it may have changed. i dont think so though)

I deleted mine a couple times, and when I signed up again it kept all my freinds and such.