• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Just read that Sam Raimi is developing a film with disney called "The Transplants"; a film about four superheors, that has comedy (presumbly this will be akin to "The Incredibles").

I know they made him go with a bigger composer for the Spider-Man films, but disney just might be willing enough to let him choose him own, and he typically goes with Joseph LoDuca.

Should be interesting to se what happens with this project.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Maintitles brings you stuff of a composer who nobody talks about punk
    Bregt said, even the smallest gets attention on MT
    Anyway, enjoy:

- Army of Darkness
    - Boogeyman
    - Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
    - The Librarian 3
    - The Messengers
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    Not that familiar with LoDuca outside of the excellently fun score for Army of Darkness.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Not that familiar with LoDuca outside of the excellently fun score for Army of Darkness.

that's indeed one of his best, what a theme punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

I love his use of Herrmann's Cape Fear.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

considering I don't know Herrmann's Cape Fear that well, I probably missed that
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's that big foreboding statement that opens the album. I've heard it used in a lot of shows ( mostly comedy ) as 'you are DOOMED' kind of music, most notably in an episode of The Simpsons featuring Sideshow Bob which was actually a homage to the film Cape Fear.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's that big foreboding statement that opens the album. I've heard it used in a lot of shows ( mostly comedy ) as 'you are DOOMED' kind of music, most notably in an episode of The Simpsons featuring Sideshow Bob which was actually a homage to the film Cape Fear.

ah yes, that I know hehe smile
  6. LoDuca composed some great stuff for Xena, including the musical episode The Bitter Suite, which was an absolutely fantastic achievement for a television fantasy series (if you´re into musicals, of course).

He also composed the score for Le pact des lupes (I hope that´s the correct title, please excuse my non-existent french), and is currently busy with writing the music for the new Raimi series Legend of the Seeker, which, at times, sounds like The Son of Xena musicwise.
  7. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    LoDuca composed some great stuff for Xena, including the musical episode The Bitter Suite, which was an absolutely fantastic achievement for a television fantasy series (if you´re into musicals, of course).

He also composed the score for Le pact des lupes (I hope that´s the correct title, please excuse my non-existent french), and is currently busy with writing the music for the new Raimi series Legend of the Seeker, which, at times, sounds like The Son of Xena musicwise.

indeed, and Young Hercules he did as well.
    I think he has written a lot of good music, but then again we will always be remembered for the Evil Dead movies (and nowadays) his horror stuff
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    Sorry, but I will always remember him for writing the most epic fantasy hymn ever:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACyAj3WA280

wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    LoDuca composed some great stuff for Xena, including the musical episode The Bitter Suite, which was an absolutely fantastic achievement for a television fantasy series (if you´re into musicals, of course).

indeed, and Young Hercules he did as well.
    I think he has written a lot of good music, but then again we will always be remembered for the Evil Dead movies (and nowadays) his horror stuff

Xena shocked lick ...she'd kill me but what the hey cool lick
  8. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sorry, but I will always remember him for writing the most epic fantasy hymn ever:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACyAj3WA280

wink

hehe, forgot about that one smile

Ps, his song in Librarian 3 is very good too
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    I thought I'd point out that the album Mr. Glorieux reviewed is of music to the TV MOVIES, not the first season of Hercules.

IMO, the music got better once it became a series, but thats just me. I found that first album to be a rather dry listen.

Regardless, cool to see some LoDuca reviews
  9. tjguitar wrote
    I thought I'd point out that the album Mr. Glorieux reviewed is of music to the TV MOVIES, not the first season of Hercules.

IMO, the music got better once it became a series, but thats just me. I found that first album to be a rather dry listen.

Regardless, cool to see some LoDuca reviews

you hear that MR. Glorieux
    finally someone who treats me with respect around here smile

And I didn't know that about the TV movies, I assumed it being 4 titles, it were episodes from the very first season
  10. Interesting assignment:

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … us-tv.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010
    Let's see how many Spartacus' spin-offs the world can get before it explodes wink

Spartacus: Blood and Sand [Joseph LoDuca]
    http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … Duca-.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010 edited
    I'd say, skip this one altogether. Seen several episodes on T.V., and boy does it suck. Basically a stylistic and musical rip-off of 300 that comes so close those filmmakers could sue them, if it wouldn't be hypocritical to do so, with them themselves already having been sued. Creator of the series gave an interview which made it pretty clear they're mainly trying to break some taboos on television with it (violence, male frontal nudity, sex, etc.) and even made plot decisions around this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010
    Ooops, rip of 300? That's forbidding wink I haven't heard a LoDuca score that captivated me in years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010
    SPARTACUS, sound clips
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds indeed as a 300 rip-off!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not interested.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And parts of Gladiator too; cliched but not bad at all, at least for those into this style.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    it's odd eh? Trevor Morris 'same old same old' does it for me but LoDuca's doesn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know, liked it though!
  11. Christodoulides wrote

I don't think "oymoron" is the right word here, but surely there is...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't think "oymoron" is the right word here, but surely there is...

biggrin

There's no TITUS in this LoDuca work, just " Tyler Bates' " rock style for 300.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    SPARTACUS, sound clips

vomit Loduca is so much better than this. Case in point!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    smile That's indeed a great score; this one is wholly different, definitely what the producers want obviously but it's not bad at all for those who love this kind of music, few as they might be indeed
  12. Just hire him for "Spider-Man 4", use no temp track, don't force him ideas, and give him at least four weeks = results I want to hear.