• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    Martijn my friend, really; it's not the world that bothers me. But i have to admit that i've grown intensely sensitive against IDIOTS lately and that's not a good thing i admit. shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    Don't worry about it, D.
    I was just needling you a bit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn my friend, really; it's not the world that bothers me. But i have to admit that i've grown intensely sensitive against IDIOTS lately and that's not a good thing i admit. shame

I guess you are talking about this. It happened in Barcelona (two arrested guys) and Madrid (five guys arrested) after the death of the greek boy the other day:

http://www.diariosur.es/20081211/socied … 02307.html

http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/espana … riego.html
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am talking about IDIOTS in general. My head aches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who wrote it? Kill him / her. Really, tell him / her to do the world a favour via lack of their existence.

biggrin

Actually I´ve always liked to be part of the minority who love film music. That makes it more magical and interesting. Let the others stick with the studio, soul-less, McDonalds made music.

Nice way of looking at it! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008
    A guy called blackmore4 at rateyourmusic.com, rated 1 ot of 5 for Raiders of the Lost Ark, and he just wrote this.

Whether intended or not, John Williams captures the greed, bad taste and uncaring conservatism of the unfolding decade perfectly with every bar of this rotten score. Identical to all the other 'Boys Own' incidentals he ever wrote, it's big, bloated and so bombastically bland that it is perfect for the white-European-sorts-out-dark-skinned-foreigners-problems theme of the film. Adolf would have loved it.
    http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ … _lost_ark/

rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NunoM wrote
    A guy called blackmore4 at rateyourmusic.com, rated 1 ot of 5 for Raiders of the Lost Ark, and he just wrote this.

Whether intended or not, John Williams captures the greed, bad taste and uncaring conservatism of the unfolding decade perfectly with every bar of this rotten score. Identical to all the other 'Boys Own' incidentals he ever wrote, it's big, bloated and so bombastically bland that it is perfect for the white-European-sorts-out-dark-skinned-foreigners-problems theme of the film. Adolf would have loved it.

rolleyes

"Bad taste and uncaring conservatism of the unfolding decade"?
    "....his rotten score"?
    "Bombasically bland"? (can "bombastically" and "bland" be together in the same sentence btw?)
    "Adolf would have loved it"?

Man this guy has smoked some serious shit during his life. I´m afraid the only rotten thing is his brain.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NunoM wrote

rolleyes

slant

No comments.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Man this guy has smoked some serious shit during his life. I´m afraid the only rotten thing is his brain.

Thank you. I was actually lost for words on what to say to his comment. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    See? It's not a master of taste; idiots are everywhere.
  1. Whenever I meet people who in general don`t like instrumental music I usually bring up Theme from Jaws and telling them that "If you had no music at all OR a pop song instead of that famous theme, that movie would have not been that scary". Most of the times those people usually say that I have point in that. But there have been two or three people who have disagreed.
  2. You use the best example here, I think.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2008 edited

He, he...of course, the opinion sounds ludicrous in my ears too - and the language over-the-top - but he has every right to say it. For me, film or film music reviews have no value whatsoever, certainly not as a user guide. Or perhaps just some reading material while I'm sitting on the toilet or something. So people can say pretty much whatever they want.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Reading this thread reminds me of an old episode of "Only Fools and Horses", where Rodney is at home listening to some Beethoven. A poorly dressed, clearly low-cultured and dirty man comes in, sits down and asks: "what you listening to?". "Beethoven", Rodney replies. "Ah", says the man, nodding his head confirmingly as if to confirm an association to the music: "Is this the instrumental version?"
  3. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    http://www.amazon.com/review/RU9X1ZTEHY … B001EQUETG

LOL
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe it's KOKO!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam

4. great, another genius
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Amazon user Denise M. Luppi, on The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Video Game):

"... An entire band must be playing it, with no computer help!..."

Try 'orchestra.' wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Reminds me how I was watching a movie with some relatives last summer which had really loud score because of bad mixing (some directors here actually deliberately do that) and one of them remarked, "Oh, that band in the background is too loud!" tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    Reminds me how I was watching a movie with some relatives last summer which had really loud score because of bad mixing (some directors hereactually deliberately do that) and one of them remarked, "Oh, that band in the background is too loud!" tongue

biggrin tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just like when someone says "oh that film has a really good soundtrack". My ears perk up, and then they go "yeah, that linkin park song was great" and I retreat back into the corner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Just like when someone says "oh that film has a really good soundtrack". My ears perk up, and then they go "yeah, that linkin park song was great" and I retreat back into the corner.

It's occasions like that I put on my film music robes and grab a copy of A History Of Film Music and start preaching the Good Word.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Anthony wrote

shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    omaha wrote
    Anthony wrote

shame

What's the shame for?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    William wrote
    omaha wrote
    Anthony wrote

shame

What's the shame for?

I suppose a poor choice for an emotiocon.
    I know exactly how Anthony feels.
    cheesy then sad would be better suited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    omaha wrote
    William wrote
    omaha wrote
    Anthony wrote

shame

What's the shame for?

I suppose a poor choice for an emotiocon.
    I know exactly how Anthony feels.
    cheesy then sad would be better suited.

OK. beer