• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008 edited
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

I know and Im letting it go, but I like Band Wagons, and I would really like to hear some of your thoughts on this matter, the is the main reason I left FSM, I have been properly slapped on the wrist but if you feel the need to say , moonie you were dumb , then say so.

thanks guys

steve smile

I really like you guys and Ive been told on Good Authority that I can trust you. Im very happy to have a new home.
    OK Ill stop gushing.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Well... what can I say? I have always enjoyed your enthusiastic comments on the CDs I've produced - but now I'd like to ask you: did you share any of my albums with others on the internet?

confused

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    No dont worry, I really am for buying things yourself even after I have downloaded music, if I like the score well enough I will buy the pressed cd .
    I dont spend much time on that board and I have now taken it off of my favorites list.
    Lessions hard learned.

sd smile

I have also been known on some occasions to tell people to go and buy it or download it.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can somebody summarize in few, clear points what happened in there? 'Cause an hour's worth of reading through fsm mess and rants isn't exactly what i'd call "fun" wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    I support you Moonie. Despite hypocritical accusement by hypocritical people, file sharing will continue.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    ok in a nutshell, with the preorder of Mercenaries 2 , you get inside the box Chris Tiltons score.
    Great, 5 bucks and you get the score, and you dont have to buy the game the score is free.
    I posted the score on a very popular site for game score folks, my mistake.
    One of the "persons" on the FSM board works with Chris Tilton and took it upon himself to undermind my popularity there and chastise me for posting it on that site, calling me a thief , and saying other very hurtful things.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    as a side note , I have now bought 4 of them because Im sending one to a friend who doesnt have a Best Buy near him.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LeHah (whatever) ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    My opinion is that you shouldn't worry about it. Some people are so zealous concerning this issue, even though it's pretty difficult to estimate whether sharing will help promote music and increase sales, or whether it ends up hurting the sales in the end. No doubt there are alot of flawed arguments on both sides of the debate, it seems to approach religion with some people. Copyright discussions are particularly unpleasant on FSM, so either having an emotional distance or staying away from it completely is advicable.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nothing much to add to Peter's outstanding points.

I already made a comparable comment in this most interesting thread, which pretty much exemplifies how in my opinion any such debate should be conducted. On an isue that is so ambivalent on so many levels (legally -different laws in different places-, morally -different considerations in different cultures with different backgrounds-, and psychologically -depending on what side of the fence you are on-), it is inevitable there will be clashes of opinions.
    BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE DEBATE CANNOT BE CONDUCTED IN A CIVIL TONE.

I actually *have* read through the thread yesterday evening, and all I can say is I'm so sorry, Moonie.
    This deserved way better handling, even if your actions may have been considered to be (legally) wrong. And yeah, unrestrained namecalling is hurtful and ultimately pointless,a s it completely dilutes and ultimately invalidates the discussion, which, as I said, is a most interesting one, and one that should be conducted on any music forum.

PS: your real name is Steve?!?
    Finally we know the man behind the Moontrekker! wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Brings that Alice Cooper song to mind, Man behind the mask.
    hehe.

thanks for all the support guys , IT DOES HELP!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Civilised debate without resorting to name calling.

What more can one add!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Very true.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    OK folks Im ready to let this die and fall by the way side.
    Lessions Learned.

bye bye thread

sd smile

Im listening to Youngs Invaders From Mars score, bought legally from Intrada and enjoying it very much.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    wave

Your one mistake: No alias. wink
  1. As I wasn't able to add a comment earlier I'll add one now - at the risk of finally killing off the thread.

I thought that the whole episode could have been handled better and that some sort of private correspondence could have ended things without the very public name calling it ended up being.

One thing that did strike me about the whole thing was that part of the arguments centred around the resultant loss of revenue that uploading a yet-to-be-released CD would give rise to. And I'm sure there is a certain amount of money lost to the various interested parties - covered in the other topic referred to above. But I was wondering if the CD given away with the game pre-ordering would also result in lost revenue to the composer? I got the impression from reading the posts that there was surprise that the music was being released in this form early. And if the composer is making money mainly from iTunes or CD sales then the music being given away with pre-orders would mean that the composer would lose out because of lack of subsequent sales via CD/iTunes and/or not much money coming his way with the CD being "given away" with pre-order sales of the game itself.

Maybe there's been a call to the marketing strategists to make (behind-closed-doors) comments about this form of music distribution?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Good point, the cd is being given for free with the game preorder, now you have the score, itunes will release the score with about 3 more minutes of music, now will the adverage person download it from itunes ?
    Probably not, I plan to, but for a few more minutes of music most wont and they got the score for FREE, or well 5 bucks, but the 5 bucks goes toward the cost of the game not the score.
    Tilton doesnt stand a chance making much eather way. He probably just wants the music to get out there to the public, giving away the score does just that.
    Like you stated above.

Bottom Line is it Gets His Music Out to Us , we like it , then we will more than likely buy the next one.
    It wouldn't be any different if he stood outside and gave out copies of the score to everyone in this particular case , Gamers.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's a good discussion, and Alan and Steve are both making good points, but I agree with Steve that maybe we should take the personal take out of the equation and continue here?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Christodoulides wrote
    LeHah (whatever) ?

How'd you know? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    If bregt wants to move the thread , I have no problem with it. If that can be done. Im basicly done, but it does make for a interesting conversation , done in a civil way like its done here. smile
    Some of the dorks at the FSM board could learn some lessions from you guys.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  2. I just wanted to add something here as I had been following this thread during the day. I'll add anything further on the other thread.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008
    The music legal system is as complicated as the IRS in America. I'm sure that every member of FSM who bought that extra copy of a limited edition that ends up being sold on e-bay/amazon declares that income and pays taxes on it. Yeah, right.

Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As for moonie's specific "case", while i haven't read all the thread over at FSM and granted that some very idiotic and hypocritical things have been raised against him, still i think that posting a link to such a blog (whether we all know or use similar websites it's not the point), publically in a very large online community visited by composers and industry professionals as well, wasn't a very good idea; at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's piracy and it's illegal and we've debated the rights and wrongs of it many times, but whatever the morality, it's still illegal, and why anyone would post so publically about it is rather beyond me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK guys, as Moonie has already stated he was now done with the subject, and we seem to be moving towards a repeat of the other thread, I'm now locking this one.

If anyone is unhappy about that by all means send me a PM!

For further discussion, please go here (and please DO, as it's a very good subject):
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … hilosophy/