• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Can't be, surely? There are no spelling mistakes?

Syntax is another matter. I do go on, don't I? biggrin

S* you! wink

Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Screw you, the way you see some things is SO non-reality based and SO Steven-p.o.v. I am playing THE DARK KNIGHT everyday non-stop since i saw the movie btw, but that's not popular enough i guess moon

Jordi? Did you hack D.'s account again?
    angry

No really mate, i couldn't help wondering the other day, how could one call THE DARK KNIGHT "MV junk / noise" or whatever was it that you called the score after having watched the movie; i know how it is and all but i just fell in love with it after watching the movie and seeing how it worked within. Been playing it every single day since and i am definitely NOT Jordi wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Can't be, surely? There are no spelling mistakes?

Syntax is another matter. I do go on, don't I? biggrin

S* you! wink

S* you too...? confused

Don't you mean F*** you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    No really mate, i couldn't help wondering the other day, how could one call THE DARK KNIGHT "MV junk / noise" or whatever was it that you called the score after having watched the movie

Quite easily.
    It's all thumping texture without order or goal.
    Looks like Nolan gave Zimmer/Howard one brief of one word: "dark".
    THAT it sure is.

It's better than Batman Begins, but that's like saying it's better to lose one's eyes than one's ears. It's still nothing to be ecstatic about. The whole score cries for dramatic themes, what with the subjects it tackles: order, chaos, law, hopelessness, redempption, sacrifice...and instead we're getting the techno house party of doom? Ugh!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've (still) not seen the film, so I have no idea about how in functions as a score. As an album, I'd say it's an improvement on the first one. It really is quite a good album to put on when you're in the mood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I've (still) not seen the film, so I have no idea about how in functions as a score. As an album, I'd say it's an improvement on the first one. It really is quite a good album to put on when you're in the mood.

I am confident that when you observe its function in the film, you'll love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    I just got a refirbished 80 gig ipod , Im being offered a 1 year warrenty for 24 bucks starting the day after the 60 day the ipod has , good idea ?
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    For $24? I'd say so, yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I went for it and they offered me a second year for half price, now my ipod is covered for 2 years and 60 days for 24 bucks.

Not to shabby.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    Definitely a good idea with a spinning disc hard drive device like the iPod Classic. (I.e. moving parts equals more chance of something going wrong.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually seriously looking into buying an iPod. Never saw the advantage of it, but now I notice I don't really listen to my 'back catalogue' as much as I'd like to and think having it all on one device might change that. Originally I thought I'd just get an MP3-player, but soon noticed iPod really is the only option; the store I went to basically had 5 walls of iPod acessories and devices, and 1 rack of 'leftover stuff'.

Already made up my mind that I do not want the nano (too small; too colourful) nor the shuffle (too inconveniënt; too pointless), and though I'm being tempted by the cool features of the touch, I'm sure it'll ultimately be the Classic 120 GB that I'll be going for. After all, if I'm getting an iPod, it'll be because I want all my music in it.

So I'm doing a bit of research, for which I've got a few questions; I'm sure iTunes really is the only programme you can load the music on with? Does it load the music right from the disc onto the iPod? It's also possible to watch trailers on it? Can you cross-fade tracks? Can you make your own genres and copy/paste albums/tracks and as such rearrange them on the iPod?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey, Bob, check out this earlier thread that answers many of the questions you pose:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … r/#Item_21
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    Hey, Bob, check out this earlier thread that answers many of the questions you pose:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … r/#Item_21

Right! That was the thread I was looking for! Silly me only searched on 'iPod' slant

Thanx!
  1. Probably not that interesting to many of you - but I'm on the verge of relenting and buying an iPod.

I'm thinking that, as I have now some up-to-date computers they will be able to cope with something as resource-heavy as iTunes.

Nothing really provides the capacity as the 160GB Classic.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Reading on the subject - is the volume limit really a problem in normal use?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010 edited
    punk

You can use Winamp or an host of other apps. instead of iTunes to transfer music from your computer to your iPod.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Reading on the subject - is the volume limit really a problem in normal use?

I have no issue with the volume.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    punk

I can hear your commission fee from Apple winging its way to you... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I've owned five separate models dating back to the earliest 1st Gen 5GB model. I've never had a problem with ANY of them. And if you are asking why did I have so many if I didn't have problems with them... it's a combination of upgrading storage size to winning free iPods. I either sold the other devices or gave them to my wife. BTW, the 2nd Gen 20GB model which I bought in 2002 is still in perfect working order.

So, that's why I'm such a huge fan of the iPod... not so much Apple... although my iMac kicks my PC's ass.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I can definitely understand having several iPods - if it's a technology that hasn't failed you and there's improvements with subsequent generations then it's the way to go.

I may be asking some questions over the next few days/weeks about iPods, etc.
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    punk

You can use Winamp or an host of other apps. instead of iTunes to transfer music from your computer to your iPod.

FalkirkBairn wrote

I have no issue with the volume.

-Erik-

I think that the volume issue is a European-specific issue. Martijn, have you had any issues with volume?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I own the iPod Touch, and for me the volume limit isn't a problem at all. There's of course a limit to the volume bar on the iPod itself, but if you feel it's unsatisfying and you want a higher volume, you can change the volume of the music in iTunes. I'm not aware of a locked and obligatory volume control that specifically limits the amount of decibels on the iPod itself, but with the current generation getting hearing impairments, I think that iwould be a good thing. However, my iPod gets pretty loud sometimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    I've owned five separate models dating back to the earliest 1st Gen 5GB model. I've never had a problem with ANY of them. And if you are asking why did I have so many if I didn't have problems with them... it's a combination of upgrading storage size to winning free iPods. I either sold the other devices or gave them to my wife. BTW, the 2nd Gen 20GB model which I bought in 2002 is still in perfect working order.

So, that's why I'm such a huge fan of the iPod... no so much Apple... although my iMac still kicks my PC's ass.

-Erik-

yeah

Although I admit I am a bit of an Apple fan, but certainly not a 'hardcore' Apple fan. (Where hardcore fans think Apple is the only product you should have. rolleyes )

I have an old 2nd gen 8GB Nano that's still going strong after 3-4 years (although it's flash memory, so it's more reliable). Although the volume is limited in Europe, I've never really had a problem with it (the volume limiter in the settings you can set pretty high anyway, so maybe it just has a factory default setting of 'low'?).

That said, I've recently bought a FiiO E5 mini headphone amp to power my earphones, and it does make a noticeable improvement in terms of volume and sound quality (deeper sound), particularly if you have high-end earphones like these. (And I also use these with my iPod too. They use their own power so the iPod seems to last forever!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think that the volume issue is a European-specific issue. Martijn, have you had any issues with volume?

Yes, I think indeed it was the European commission that has imposed a limit.
    I've never had any issues with it, and I very rarely (if ever need to put up the volume to its maximum setting.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    Alan, have you bought your iPod yet? If not, I would advise waiting a while until you do: they've just brought out a new generation of iPods, and I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks until they upgrade the 'classic'.
  6. Not yet. I'll hang on a bit then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010 edited
    Just saw the announcement of the new iPod Touch. Since my 32GB iPod Touch is getting full (though I still have 7GB free, he starts having problems confused ), I'm thinking of selling my old model and switch it for the 64GB version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a pretty sweet little gadget. As usual, it's just the latest iPhone without the phone part. The 64GB is almost as much as the 8GB iPhone! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    and it will cost how much?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    As usual, it's just the latest iPhone without the phone part. The 64GB is almost as much as the 8GB iPhone! dizzy

Jup. At first I was thinking about getting the new iPhone (my phone is having problems lately as well), but since I saw the prize on that thing, plus the fact that it doesn't come in 64GB (which I apparently need nowadays) and that the new iPod Touch has a lot new gadgets to play with, that might be a better option smile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I'm waiting for a 1TB mp3 player.
    164 GB simply is way too small. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Unless my current iPod breaks in the meantime, that'll be the next one I want too. (Though 500GB would suit me fine as I have about 250GB's worth of music... much of which could do with deleting to save space for things I would listen to.)

The new iPods look very tempting, but for me it's not worth it yet. Plus I'll hopefully be getting an iPhone 4 (probably by the time the next generation is released, so quite a while yet).