• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    Who knows - you may suffer so much wind that you blow a hole in the pair you're wearing. Or perhaps you'll hear the sound of a pack of wolves chasing you down and you just fill your pants.

Bad luck if the second incident comes right after the first!

Very bad luck. And to think it's happened to me twice!

biggrin

So, you'd recommend having 2 pairs of spare pants then and not just the one?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    I can't believe what I just read
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Demetris, some day you will find yourself in a situation when you need a spare pair of underpants, then you'll be laughing on the other side of your face. Who knows - you may suffer so much wind that you blow a hole in the pair you're wearing. Or perhaps you'll hear the sound of a pack of wolves chasing you down and you just fill your pants. Then, you'll think of me.

Wow. This have a very Sunil-esque quality in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Whenever I hear the words "Think of me..." I will always remember Martijn's classic Mother Theresa quote.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Whenever I hear the words "Think of me..." I will always remember Martijn's classic Mother Theresa quote.

hmmmm!? Yeah!??? I've heard that somewhere?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Can't say that quote rings a bell, all I remember is that it features a dick. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's not a very nice way to talk about Martijn, I think he's quite a pleasant old chap.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Emphasis on the 'old' wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I do hope he's taken lots of spare underpants with him to Bogota (or wherever it is he's gone).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Djibouti wasn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Djibouti wasn't it?

Or was it a week with Ramin Djawadi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If Martijn is old does that make me ancient?
  3. No, just less young. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Djibouti wasn't it?

Or was it a week with Ramin Djawadi?

Beats me!? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    If Martijn is old does that make me ancient?

H.P. Lovecraft wrote about you Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2021 edited
    Thor wrote
    Brace yourselves: I'm still using my ol' Sony Super-groove DISCMAN(!), with which there's something wrong, because if I touch the case ever so slightly while it plays, it stops!

Main reason being of course that I live on a very, very tight budget and have to put up a priority list of electronic gadgets. Only a couple of months ago did I finally replace my stationary computer (with a mastodont of a 19'' screen from the late 90's that was filling up half of my tiny apartment! smile) with a new 17'' HP laptop that I'm typing on now. That has been on top of my "gadget-to-get" list for 6-7 years now! Next in line is probably my ancient FATscreen TV. After that is a new cell phone. Only after that will I see about portable music players, in close competition with a digital camera.

The other reason it has such a low priority, is because I don't really listen to music while I move around in public areas. I prefer to have all my senses intact in those cases. Of course, if I'm sitting on a bus for five hours or something, I'll make an exception.

Speaking of which, it is in those scenarios I realize how much of a dinosaur I am. When sitting on a long-distance bus, I usually have the discman itself resting inside a bag so that no one can see it. It's quite cumbersome to swap CD's inside the bag itself without anyone noticing, of course, but I try. The headphone cord has a built-in "remote control" so it looks like I MAY have an iPod! LOL! Oh, the hazzle of living in the past! biggrin

Funny to read this now, 13 years later. I still do OWN that Discman (it's in my basement storage), but obviously haven't used it in more than 10 years. A couple of years after I made that post, I eventually got an iPod (the legendary iPod that saved much of my collection when my harddrive crashed, but which now doesn't connect to either PC or electricity).

But otherwise, I'm pretty much the same today. I don't listen to music "on the go", except for long-distance travels. I did listen to music somewhat loudly on those small earbuds while cycling to work some 10-12 years ago, and I blame my tinnitus on that. I have no music on my phone, and have no intention to. But I'm hoping to find someone that can fix my ancient iPod for those longdistance travel purposes.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I rarely listen to film music 'on the go' - even in the car. The car tends to be too noisy for that - it's just frustrating not hearing the music properly.

On the move music tends to be my favourite pop music tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2021 edited
    Yes, certainly. Most film music is extremely hard to listen to when you're out and about, due to its dynamic nature. I have some excellent HiFi headphones, but they're not noise-cancelling. The exceptions are funky synth scores and the like. But mostly, I listen to rock or electronic music while I'm on those longdistance travels. Orchestral music doesn't work at all.
    I am extremely serious.