• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    Me? Keep my mouth shut? You do know who you're talking to, right? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Me? Keep my mouth shut? You do know who you're talking to, right? biggrin

Yes! Dead man talking wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wid they love...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    I know you'll want to kill me for this, but most of Barry's music bores me. I've tried to become a fan, but I've failed each time. His music rarely floats my boat. sleep

Now suffer the consequences...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Steven wrote
    I know you'll want to kill me for this, but most of Barry's music bores me. I've tried to become a fan, but I've failed each time. His music rarely floats my boat. sleep

Now suffer the consequences...

That only serves Steven's point:
    Barry Who?

biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008 edited
    China's Summer Olympics Opening Ceremonies FAKE?!

http://www.deuceofdavenport.com/2008/08 … mpion.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others … faked.html

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heh biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not fake, as the atricle proper states as well, but a CGI backup plan.
    Pretty impressive, and damn clever, I grudgingly admit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I loved this final, very dry comment on the vacuity of the spectacle:

Others focused on the sheer numbers of people involved - more than 16,000 performers, mostly from People's Liberation Army song and dance troops.

"That certainly showed China's unique character," said one comment. "Namely, that we have 1.3 billion people."

biggrin
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Not fake, as the atricle proper states as well, but a CGI backup plan.
    Pretty impressive, and damn clever, I grudgingly admit.

Seems to have caused a bit of controvesy but anyone watching the BBC live commentary already knew it was "fake" as it was pointed out by the commentators.

The rest of the world was still playing catch up rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Also the little girl singing the national anthem, was fake. She was playbacking. The real voice came from a child that was apparently "not beautiful enough". slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Doesn't take anything anyway from how amazing the real stuff was.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Doesn't take anything anyway from how amazing the real stuff was.

China put on a spectacle of spectacles and there seems to be an international jealosy thing going on.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Also the little girl singing the national anthem, was fake. She was playbacking. The real voice came from a child that was apparently "not beautiful enough". slant

Some people pay good money to see pop "stars" do exactly the same.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    On the list of China's transgressions to hold grievances against, CGI fireworks and play-backing feature remarkably low. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

Some people pay good money to see pop "stars" do exactly the same.

In fact, in the case of Madonna it's a shame a better looking version ( shouldn't be difficult ) doesn't come on stage and sing her hits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008
    Holy cow! We won a gold, one bronze and we're guaranteed to get one more medal! dizzy spin
    This has to be India's finest performance in the Olympics!

And for all the decades of corruption and mismanagement the sports minister goes on to proclaim-
    "I congratulate myself and every other Indian" rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    BhelPuri wrote
    Holy cow! We won a gold, one bronze and we're guaranteed to get one more medal! dizzy spin
    This has to be India's finest performance in the Olympics!

Yup! Unfortunately I wasn't able to see it as something else was being shown at that time, but it's great! I hope Vijender gets at least a silver in boxing, if not gold (but of course, I'll hope for gold! biggrin )

And for all the decades of corruption and mismanagement the sports minister goes on to proclaim-
    "I congratulate myself and every other Indian"

Yeah, he personally trained them, eh? rolleyes tongue Most of these guys have been trained abroad.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Bregt wrote

When I first heard about that it ticked me off. It was just a little girl. What, like 8 or something. Sorry, you can't sing out there cause you are too ugly. angry

I guess since China puts on a good show communism really works out. f*** that!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Bregt wrote

When I first heard about that it ticked me off. It was just a little girl. What, like 8 or something. Sorry, you can't sing out there cause you are too ugly. angry

I guess since China puts on a good show communism really works out. f*** that!!!!

Oh I dunno, some pop "stars" charge big dollars so you can see them mime. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    omaha wrote
    Bregt wrote

Oh I dunno, some pop "stars" charge big dollars so you can see them mime. wink

Is the little girl a pop star?
    Or is China just trying to make itself look good to the world?

I seriously may be wrong.