• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008 edited
    So, today it begins!

Who's gonna watch the opening ceremony?
    Starts in about an hour and a half.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    Not me
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Me neither. I couldn't be less interested.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Olympics? confused
    What's an Olympics?
    Who did the score?
    Is it good with peppadews?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    My wife will watch it , Ill probably be on the computer and keep an ear out of any interesting music I hear.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like watching the skimpily dressed women events...

...I'm not a pervert.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Depends I dont like women that have too many muscles , then they look like men, yuck.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love how athletic and sporty we all are! biggrin

(To be fair, you can be athletic and not sporty. Like me.
    I'd totally be up for a mountain bike race with any one of ya's! [/ego])
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bring it on, kipper boy!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HEY! I am athletic!

(ignore Basement Cat in the background)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But... but... we're internet whores, we're meant to be fat, lard-arsed nerds! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The opening ceremony has been simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Marselus wrote
    The opening ceremony has been simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

More than just amazing! It was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. ! biggrin
    I totally enjoyed it!
  1. don't care, even though I caught a glimpse of it just now
    how funny, years ago they were all waving and being proud they were there, now almost all carried a camero or mobile phone and they filmed the audience while waving, pff how technology caught us in their mighty web tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I watched a bit of the opening ceremonies while feeding my son breakfast this morning... and he LOVED the fireworks. "Weeeee-wooooks"

Pretty impressive stuff. Can't say I'm looking forward to the games. Never been a fan of the summer games. Far too many events. But I am looking forward to Woman's Brazilian Beach Volleyball.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pretty boring if you're not into hundreds of people running around doing martial art artsy thingies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

But I am looking forward to Woman's Brazilian Beach Volleyball.

-Erik-

I try really hard to be non-contained by extremely hot images that come to mind with that sentence but i am afraid i've been unable to resist to the temptations that arise from that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    I watched a bit of the opening ceremonies while feeding my son breakfast this morning... and he LOVED the fireworks. "Weeeee-wooooks"

Pretty impressive stuff. Can't say I'm looking forward to the games. Never been a fan of the summer games. Far too many events. But I am looking forward to Woman's Brazilian Beach Volleyball.

-Erik-

It was pretty damn awesome. I fail to see how Britain will be able to top it!? Trust me, there will still be builders and plumbers turning up late during the opening ceremonies yelling "show us yer tits, luv!".
    Mark my words.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

It was pretty damn awesome. I fail to see how Britain will be able to top it!? Trust me, there will still be builders and plumbers turning up late during the opening ceremonies yelling "show us yer tits, luv!".
    Mark my words.

100% AGREE WITH YOU!

London will be shitting themselves thinking of a way to top this opening ceremony which was easily the BEST I've EVER seen!

2008 ( TWO. THOUSAND. and. EIGHT! ) drummers playing drums that lit up right at the begining was awesome.

I thought a lot of the music was very good too, anyone know who wrote it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I want to know that too. It was fantastic, truly a once in a lifetime experience for spectators and performers alike.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I want to know that too. It was fantastic, truly a once in a lifetime experience for spectators and performers alike.

^see, you missed out D !
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The fireworks were stunning. The moment where we saw firework footprints "heading" towards the Birds Nest, was absolutely goosebumpy! shocked shocked shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    China's reputation might be a 'bit' dodgy, but damn can they put on a show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

2008 ( TWO. THOUSAND. and. EIGHT! ) drummers playing drums that lit up right at the begining was awesome.

2004, Greece had hundreds of bouzouki and drum players opening up via a marvelous piece written by Stavros Xarhakos. Ring any similarity bells? wink

Jeff Rona?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Timmer wrote

Jeff Rona.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The fireworks were awesome! Was just watching on the TV, and so was the music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

2004, Greece had hundreds of bouzouki and drum players opening up via a marvelous piece written by Stavros Xarhakos. Ring any similarity bells? wink

Jeff Rona?

No offence but this whole opening ceremony blew Greece's fine effort right out of the stratosphere!

Jeff Rona!? shocked It was very VERY good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course it beats it; they are too many of them biggrin shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Your point being? confused

(I read that Tan Dun had some input too.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nooooo. Not Jeff Rona!!!!

18 different composers composed 110 minutes of music, and most of them were Chinese artists obviously. I've no idea if Rona's piece was performed today, not sure.
    Kazoo