• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Did anyone else read that Billie Piper is coming back for three episodes in 2008?

Donna...Martha...Rose!! There just has to be a fight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Yep, it's happening and will be aired on BBC in Spring. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I only watched the first season with her in it, but didn't she die or something at the end? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony, no she didn't die: she just got stuck in another dimension "no one could possibly ever escape from ever again"...and we all know what that means in TV land, don't we?

Oh yeah babe, ROSE'S BACK!
    bounce bounce bounce
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    From what I've read it's only for three or four episodes.....better than 'not at all' though cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    From what I've read it's only for three or four episodes.....better than 'not at all' though cool

Do you mean you read it from this very thread?

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Did anyone else read that Billie Piper is coming back for three episodes in 2008?

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Do you mean you read it from this very thread?

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Did anyone else read that Billie Piper is coming back for three episodes in 2008?

wink

uh....yeah shame
    •  
      CommentAuthormarie-lise
    I must be the only one ont excited by the news - I didn't like Rose that much...
    but... I admit, Donna, Rose and Martha - there could be some interesting dynamics...
    (not those, you dirty mind!)

and the other news, that there will be a break in 2009 (well, they console us with 3 tv-movies or something), is terrible sad - I hope it doesn't mean they have to look for a new Doctor...
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    It will be interesting to see how they work her back in , or maybe a side story linking the Doctor in some way, you know how these sci fi storys can go.
    hehe eather way I love it!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormarie-lise
    well, it'll be with Alternate Realities, that's for sure wink

what do you think of Kylie Minogue in the Christmas Special?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    marie-lise wrote
    well, it'll be with Alternate Realities, that's for sure wink

what do you think of Kylie Minogue in the Christmas Special?

I like her music , we shall see.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormarie-lise
    and... what do you think of the music for the series ;-)?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    Murray Gold sounds a lot like a cross between David Arnold and John Powell, so for the most part I like it a lot. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    marie-lise wrote
    and... what do you think of the music for the series ;-)?

I LOVE IT!!

sd smile Murray Gold Rocks Man!! biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormarie-lise
    I couldn't agree more punk

I think Martha's theme and the new Doctor's theme (The Doctor Forever) must be some of my favourite themes ever.
    The moment I heard them in the series, they just kept spooking in my head...
    Yay that there's a cd release, not so yay that the best renditions of both themes aren't on it... slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like Gold, he can write melodies.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    One of the absolutely best cues on the 2nd release is the very first cue, All The Strange Strange Creatures (the Trailer music) wonderful piece of music.
    Another favorite is This is Gallifrey: Our Childhood, Our Home. I listen to the second cd quite often.
    Lots of good themes on it.
    On the first release the music for The Daleks and the Cybermen , and Doomsday is some of the best music Ive heard in the series. IMHO of course.
    I just love them both.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. Anyone else watch the new series of Doctor Who on Saturday?

It was good to see it back but I thought that it got off to only an "okay" start. It was one of the more jokey episodes but the brief appearance of a certain character was a shocked moment.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone else watch the new series of Doctor Who on Saturday?

It was good to see it back but I thought that it got off to only an "okay" start. It was one of the more jokey episodes but the brief appearance of a certain character was a shocked moment.

according to 'whatsisname' ( the writer ) it get's much darker in later episodes.

Good to see 'Billie', albeit very breifly.
  4. Timmer wrote

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    Nathaniel Carper wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh well done Timmer. rolleyes biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    Nathaniel Carper wrote
    Timmer wrote

oops shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    Alan, I missed a few minutes of last Saturday's Doctor Who, was there some kind of in-joke going on with the appearance of Bernard Cribbins?
  5. Timmer wrote
    Alan, I missed a few minutes of last Saturday's Doctor Who, was there some kind of in-joke going on with the appearance of Bernard Cribbins?

I'm not sure what you mean. What made you think there was some sort of in-joke?

I was watching the behind-the-scenes Doctor Who Confidential on this first episode and they were talking about Bernard Cribbins's character. That character was originally meant to be Donna's father, but Howard Attfield - who played Donna's father in "The Runaway Bride" episode - was ill and died during filming. The character was "retired" out of respect for Attfield and Cribbins was brought in; the character was changed from Donna's father to grandfather.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I was watching the behind-the-scenes Doctor Who Confidential on this first episode and they were talking about Bernard Cribbins's character. That character was originally meant to be Donna's father, but Howard Attfield - who played Donna's father in "The Runaway Bride" episode - was ill and died during filming. The character was "retired" out of respect for Attfield and Cribbins was brought in; the character was changed from Donna's father to grandfather.

Bernard Cribbins has been in the TARDIS before wink

Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 with Peter Cushing as the Doctor. Cribbins plays a Policeman who get's caught up in the whole cheesy malarky.

That's why I wondered if I'd missed some kind of reference? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    Thomas' review of the cd for the first two seasons here:
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/docto … n-1-and-2/
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Bernard Cribbins has been in the TARDIS before wink

Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 with Peter Cushing as the Doctor. Cribbins plays a Policeman who get's caught up in the whole cheesy malarky.

That's why I wondered if I'd missed some kind of reference? smile

No?
  6. I didn't catch any references and I've not read anything about any.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I didn't catch any references and I've not read anything about any.

Fair nuff' I'd have to see the episode again to see if there was any kind of 'in joke' there!?
  7. Definitely the highlight musical moment from Season 4 of Doctor Who so far!!

If anyone remembers my favourite moment from the Series 3 CD - a track entitled "This Is Gallifrey: Our Childhood, Our Home" - there's a lovely rendition of a theme (~1:10, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxIRoee4gU ).

Well it appeared in the episode shown last night - "The Doctor's Daughter". Played solo on low woodwinds (cor anglais?) it was heartbreakingly beautiful - even more so than on the Series 3 CD. It can be heard about 6:55 into the clip posted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CVEZMXhMOI .

Be warned though: as this is a 10-minute section ripped right out of show there are spoilers in abundance!!