• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Haha, you're forgiven. Came across that one myself, but as I didn't find it, I started doubting that the name 'Trailer Music' was a fake or something. Anyway, that's all settled now, so I can continue enjoying the song. Thanks!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  1. The score for Series 4 is now available as a download:

http://www.silvascreenmusic.com/ishop/2 … IES-4.aspx
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    I know. smile Love the new theme!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I know. smile Love the new theme!

Now that it's confirmed Tennant is leaving who would you like to see play the Doctor next Martijn?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I have a strange feeling in my stomach about the next one.

I mean, new showrunner (and probably the best one possible), new doctor, new companion...

...I feel that this is gonna be great and the choice of doctor will be extraordinary, whoever it will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think Stephen Fry should be the next Doctor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think they need to move in a completely new direction for the new Doctor.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    You know what, that thought had crossed my mind too, a female doctor certainly would shake things up a lot, BUT I think it would be too much for the family audience to swallow, so they will go elsewhere, I think.

However, they have to do it very differently, or the poor guy will be drowned in Tennant comparisons.

Jason Issacs would be my choice.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Danny Dyer

Dahleks? 'ard? I'll fucking do em!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Danny Dyer

Dahleks? 'ard? I'll fucking do em!

Or perhaps the Bo-Selecta version of Michael Jackson?

Cyberman? Schhhhhmo mutherfucker!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Love Doctor Who and I love this music, any ideas when the series 4 soundtrack will appear here in the States ? I want it , I want it , I want it!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. I believe the date for the actual CD is the 17th in Europe. No idea about US dates, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008 edited
    The exchange rate was agreeable with me so I downloaded it from the Silva site and as usual its GREAT!!!
    Track 23 has a minor glitch on it, I hope that wont be on the cd, I sent Silva a email about it.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Rick Clark from Silva just sent me a email apologizing deeply for the glitches , fixed them and sent them to me all together as one download, now that's customer service!

Thanks Rick!!

Ill tell ya what , I might be listening to the best one to date. Murray Gold is Phenomenal and of any of you poo poo this Moonie's Silver Hammer will find you. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  4. As much as I love the first two CDs, Series 4 is without a doubt the best so far.

Can you tell me when exactly the glitch was (time index) so that I could check whether my version´s allright? Thanks in advance...
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    You should get a email from Rick Clark at Silva with the fixed tracks , if not send me a email , moontrekker@earthlink.net. or give me your email and Ill forward it to you.

Looked at your profile, duh, on the way my friend.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Oh, YOU did that! Thanks, man! I just saw that I got the Silva mail on my other mail account, but thanks nevertheless! beer I´m wondering, I didn´t hear any glitches yesterday. Maybe I´m just deaf. ^^ I played the new theme too loud, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Not a problem, I cant get enough of this score, its just Amazing!! I know Ill get some flack for this but this is easily one of the Best Scores of the Year for me.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    moonie wrote
    I know Ill get some flack for this but this is easily one of the Best Scores of the Year for me.

Not from me, Moonster: the Doctor Who scores are among my top 5 of most played scores the last couple of years!
    punk
  5. Just listening to this new Doctor Who music at the moment and I have to say that it's going to have to be especially good to beat what Murray has already produced.

There are certainly a couple of passages that I'll be looking out for here that I remember hearing during the programme.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Well it appeared in the episode shown last night - "The Doctor's Daughter". Played solo on low woodwinds (cor anglais?) it was heartbreakingly beautiful - even more so than on the Series 3 CD. It can be heard about 6:55 into the clip posted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CVEZMXhMOI .

Note that the YouTube link doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone who knows the music for Series 4 much better than I do, and who recognises what I am describing above, recognise this passage from the music released by Silva? And if they do could they point me in the direction of the specific track? Cheers!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited
    Apparently, the next person who is going to play the next Doctor Who (number 11) is going to be officially announced on BBC1 later today (Doctor Who Confidential, 5.35pm).

Pre-programme clips from the show David Tennant saying how "the chap's" life will change forever and that "he" will need to adjust. I'm not 100% sure that the new doctor is going to be male - there's talk of making a radical change to the show on the back of the "new management" that's taking over the show.

I've no idea who it's going to be (or who is favourite at the moment to take over) but I'm hoping that it's not James Nesbit or James McAvoy (names that, in the past, have been linked to the role.) Also, I hope that it's not a woman - to me, that just doesn't seem right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/entertainment/7807742.stm
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    Matt Smith?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    James McAvoy would be awesome! shocked But no, it's this Matt Smith fella. Looks like he could be a good Dr, but we'll see...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    James McAvoy would be awesome! shocked But no, it's this Matt Smith fella. Looks like he could be a good Dr, but we'll see...

Hmmmm?

Never heard of him, never ( knowingly ) seen him in anything so yeah, have to wait and see?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He's 26!
    Jesus.
    shocked

Well, I had my misgivings about David as well, so I'll be trying to keep an open mind here.
    (but 26...slant )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    He's 26!
    Jesus.
    shocked

Well, I had my misgivings about David as well, so I'll be trying to keep an open mind here.
    (but 26...slant )

Davidson was only three years older when he became the Doctor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, but the maturity showed. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, but the maturity showed. cool

How do you know it won't with Smith?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Because
    However, Peter Davison has since stated that he also felt too young for the role, and if given the chance at the role now he would have made a better Doctor.

That's why.