• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2008
    It's Juliet's Burial. Second to last track. Roughly 6 minutes in.
    I see the Enterprise burning up every time I here it! Beautiful high strings!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: UFO - Barry Gray

Very cool music from 1969-70.
    Part Thunderbirds. Part 007. Total fun!
    Just watched the entire series(one of my childhood favorites)on DVD and the music sticks in your head! The main theme gets thrashed but it's so good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP - Fragments du Concerto de l'adieu - Georges Delerue

The best Delerue composition ever! The elegiac violin melody is both sweet and mournful, skirting the dark and foreboding strings. Can't get any better. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    NP: UFO - Barry Gray

Very cool music from 1969-70.
    Part Thunderbirds. Part 007. Total fun!
    Just watched the entire series(one of my childhood favorites)on DVD and the music sticks in your head! The main theme gets thrashed but it's so good!

I still hope Silva will release Gray's UFO which was promised a number of years ago now! rolleyes slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote

The best Delerue composition ever! The elegiac violin melody is both sweet and mournful, skirting the dark and foreboding strings. Can't get any better. cool

Sounds delicious.

Is this still available?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote

Agreed!

Timmer, it's from the score Dien Bien Phu. Not sure if that one's available at the moment or not?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Agreed!

Timmer, it's from the score Dien Bien Phu. Not sure if that one's available at the moment or not?

Thanks James.

By the way James, I was looking at the soundtrack section in Zaviii in the Centre this evening and saw John Barry's "BOOM!" on the rack! Is this a legal copy and do you know anyhing about this or the quality?
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Miya wrote
    Steven wrote
    They're not geniuses Jordi. Oh, and every time someone mentions The Lion King from now on, I will kill a bunny.

To feed the lions? biggrin

I have some opinions on Prince of Egypt and The Lio... *cough cough* ...ng, but I save it for later wink

NP: Pom Poko - Shang Shang Typhoon

I don't know how much this film is known outside Japan. And I've never seen anyone mention this soundtrack at film music websites. This score is composed & performed by an unique Japanese band.

How can I describe it? It's odd. Bizarre. Crazy. And very fun. They mixed Japanese music with rock, jazz, mambo, samba, country, etc, sometimes quoting traditional folk songs and old children's songs. It's omnivorous, like tanukis (raccoon dogs), as the director said!

I love the movie too. Actually it's my favorite Ghibli movie. Highly recommended! biggrin

I will look into it. I love Ghibli movies and the music sounds interesting. Bye the way, I almost named my cat Tanuki. But then I didn't think it appropriate after I looked more into the meaning of the word.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

One of his best scores ever!!

It definitely is great music. I love the long action track at the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Agreed!

Dien Bien Phu is probably the best Delerue composition anyway, in my books. Totally recommended.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Bregje wrote
    NP The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore
    Just the original. So I can listen to all three today.

Alan if you read this: I had to think of you of course when I heard The Prophecy !
    In Bristol Alan got the goosebumps just by thinking of and talking about that piece The Prophecy.
    smile

shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Agreed!

It's OOP, I think. A 2nd-hand copy I got from SAE cost me significant money. But I consider it worth it - it's a beautiful piece of music.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Agreed!

Thanks James.

By the way James, I was looking at the soundtrack section in Zaviii in the Centre this evening and saw John Barry's "BOOM!" on the rack! Is this a legal copy and do you know anyhing about this or the quality?

If I may be so bold as to chip in with a comment.

Boom! is one of those titles that has been released recently by Harkit Records. From what I've read there is a bit of debate as to the quality of their products. I'd imagine that there's not much improvement over the original release - it may even just be some crude conversion to CD from the original LP.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    lp wrote

Agreed!

Thanks James.

If I may be so bold as to chip in with a comment.

Boom! is one of those titles that has been released recently by Harkit Records. From what I've read there is a bit of debate as to the quality of their products. I'd imagine that there's not much improvement over the original release - it may even just be some crude conversion to CD from the original LP.

Which is what I was wondering? I have the boot from years ago which is from the LP source, it's good quality too. I'd like to know exactly what the quality of this release is like? I've heard various arguments that it's a boot?....I really don't know??
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: THE DUCHESS...Rachel Portman

My first listen to this new Knightley, Fiennes film coming out.

Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace John Williams

I haven't listened to the regular album for quite a long time as I always get swayed by the full score from the "Ultimate" edition. It's so nice not to hear all those crappy edits, and this certainly does make a great album. Still my favourite of all the prequel scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    NP: THE DUCHESS...Rachel Portman

My first listen to this new Knightley, Fiennes film coming out.

Thomas smile

How is it like?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER - Basil Poledouris

Today I'm going to do nothing but play loads of music! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    IMMEDIATE MUSIC - trailhead

When you're in the mood for a big-ass, grand and loud choir-n-orchestra blast, then these are your men. Lots of fun punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

Likewise. I just ditched my complete in favor of the regular album and it's a much easier listen.

NP - The Empire Strikes Back

My 2 disc version arrived today and I've been listening to it since. A shame the person who sold it to me failed to mention the first disc was a bit damaged and it skips during the Battle Of Hoth and The Magic Tree. angry

I'm not sure if all versions are like this, but the case is more like a CD sized book. The other special editions I have are in regular cases, and I thought this book-thing was pretty sweet. dizzy

As far as the music goes, it's so much fun, and the whole score feels like a big showcase for the Imperial March. And the sound quality is excellent! Hardly sounds like it was recorded 28 years ago! I think I've found my new favourite Williams score!

after Raiders biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CONAN THE BARBARIAN - Basil Poledouris

Amongst the top 5 greatest film scores ever written, complete and utter pure brilliance!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL - titus

You can call Goldenthal what you want but that won't change the fact that man's one very exceptional case of a composer; having crafted his very own, distinct and genuinely imaginative sound, Goldenthal is one of the very few composers who are able to mix thunderous grand orchestral dissonance of brilliant musical quality with frantic jazz or massively awe-inspiring choirs like in this marvelous score for TITUS. He's work-span is quite impressive and along with his complex compositions for non-film works, he has interwoven musical styles into mixtures never thought possible before and created a wholesome body of work where each and every note screams bloody genius all over it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Likewise. I just ditched my complete in favor of the regular album and it's a much easier listen.

NP - The Empire Strikes Back

My 2 disc version arrived today and I've been listening to it since. A shame the person who sold it to me failed to mention the first disc was a bit damaged and it skips during the Battle Of Hoth and The Magic Tree. angry

I'm not sure if all versions are like this, but the case is more like a CD sized book. The other special editions I have are in regular cases, and I thought this book-thing was pretty sweet. dizzy

As far as the music goes, it's so much fun, and the whole score feels like a big showcase for the Imperial March. And the sound quality is excellent! Hardly sounds like it was recorded 28 years ago! I think I've found my new favourite Williams score!

after Raiders biggrin

<Heaves a big sigh of relief>

He likes it people, he likes it!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ------>------>----->----->-----explode

Watch out for the hyperbole missiles wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FIRST KNIGHT - Jerry Goldsmith

Excellent! cool
  4. Ramin Djawadi - Fly Me To The Moon

Starting the listen... cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Ramin Djawadi - Fly Me To The Moon

I can't imagine this will end well. dizzy
  5. Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Ramin Djawadi - Fly Me To The Moon

I can't imagine this will end well. dizzy

Go to hell, Giacchinman ! cool cool tongue biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LIVE AND LET DIE - George Martin

One of my favourite non-Barry Bond scores, deliciously funky!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Bug - Brian Tyler
    First listen. I like what I hear so far. Very...different. I have repented from my previous sentiment that Tyler is just a Zimmer clone.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!