• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Scribe wrote
    NP: Bug - Brian Tyler
    First listen. I like what I hear so far. Very...different. I have repented from my previous sentiment that Tyler is just a Zimmer clone.

No way is Tyler a Zimmer clone!

What's Bug like though, I've never heard it before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anthony wrote
    Scribe wrote
    First listen. I like what I hear so far. Very...different. I have repented from my previous sentiment that Tyler is just a Zimmer clone.

No way is Tyler a Zimmer clone!

What's Bug like though, I've never heard it before?

Well, I started with scores like Tokyo Drift, Timeline and War...you can understand my feelings...

Bug begins with a 12-minute, 3-track suite that is a delightful mess of strange, weird, and abnormal sounds that float and dance around the listening space and occasionally resemble music...very creepy. Then the fourth track is a very sparse, cold piano piece. Only gotten that far.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Scribe wrote
    ...a delightful mess of strange, weird, and abnormal sounds that float and dance around the listening space and occasionally resemble music...

Like you said, a Zimmer clone! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Scribe wrote
    ...a delightful mess of strange, weird, and abnormal sounds that float and dance around the listening space and occasionally resemble music...

No, this is much more creative. And if a Zimmer fan says something is much more creative than Zimmer, you should believe them. wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : RAISE THE TITANIC - John Barry

One of Silva's best recordings of a Barry score, lovely themes with a touch of Bond, kind of Out Of Africa meets Bond. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: THE DUCHESS...Rachel Portman

If you like Portman this CD comes with a good recommendation. Rather short if you take away the two source music tracks of Haydn and Beethoven but very pleasant. Working on the review right now. I believe the film premieres in London before the US.

If you don't care for Portman you'll pass on it.

Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008 edited
    NP : UNDER SIEGE 2 - Basil Poledouris

Not that great but it's Basil and it's still a good fun score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Ramin Djawadi - Fly Me To The Moon

Starting the listen... cool

I can't imagine this will end well. dizzy

By the way, Ant, why did you say that ?

It's a beautiful little orchestral score, with a few great vocals by Azam Ali.

Djawadi's best effort so far... smile

So, in the end, why did you say that ?

What was that suppose to mean ? I'm curious, as you don't even know what kind of score it is...

Let me guess, it's a bad electronic clone score ? The average bad MEDIA VENTURES ? sleep

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote

Bug is a very well-crafted dark score with perfectly blended drum n bass / rock elements. I like it and revisit a lot.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Scribe wrote

Not even close.

Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

Starting the listen... cool

I can't imagine this will end well. dizzy

By the way, Ant, why did you say that ?

It's a beautiful little orchestral score, with a few great vocals by Azam Ali.

Djawadi's best effort so far... smile

Interesting. But i doubt it will actually be better than BEAT THE DRUM, a gorgeous little gem imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Scribe wrote

Not even close.

I don't think Alan was being entirely serious somehow. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Scribe wrote

Not even close.

I don't think Alan was being entirely serious somehow. biggrin

And i don't think what i told was directed to Alan wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, righto. I blame the coffee liquor... I really shouldn't have had that with the chocolate pudding too. vomit
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Anthony wrote
    Agent Cody Banks | John Powell

Nothing like playing my favourite score on a Sunday lunchtime!

Marselus, wasn't this how you managed to track me down in Spain?? spin

I love that score. Were you whistling the music?
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Steven wrote
    That's true, but then I don't listen to The Empire Strikes or Under Fire or Braveheart or Independence Day or Close Encounters or Back To The Future or Star Trek: The Motion Picture or Balto or Shawshank Redemption (etc.) every second of every day do I?

I happen to, for TLK (well not every sec, but every day for sure) biggrin But that doesn't mean I neglect other stuff! Like -

NP: Happy Feet - John Powell

One of his magical stuffs! punk

Another Powell score that I love. One of his best, and something I go back to all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Was playing: Hellboy Marco Beltrami

Christ, when you're not in the mood, it's funny how some things can sound like just noise. slant

Loch Ness Trevor Jones

Ahh, that's better. Far from a masterpiece, but it does remind me of being in Scotland. cool
  3. HZ & co - POTC 1 & 2...

punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's some diverse listening habits you have there, soldier! tongue
  4. And ?

What's wrong with my "habits" ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nothing, put your fists away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Hellboy 2 (Elfman)

I just watched the movie, so now I notice much better the themes: Hellboy theme (Yes Guillermo, is his theme, no matter how much you can deny that), Golden army's theme, Liz and Hellboy sweet love theme, and the elf's theme.

Like his predecessor, this score needs a complete edition to appreciate the thematic elements.

anyway, tracks like "the last elements" are nice and almost gorgeous, but some other composer Like JNH could have composed something better.
  5. Steven wrote

You started... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Steven wrote

You started... wink

I know you are but what am I?

See, I can be immature too. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR - Bill Conti

A very enjoyable score, I love Conti's use of piano in this and the score is appropriately funky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Timmer wrote

A very enjoyable score, I love Conti's use of piano in this and the score is appropriately funky.

For some reason, I've never bought this album, but whenever the movie comes on, I always want to...

NP:Standard Operation Procedure - Danny Elfman

This is the first time I've listened to this. Of the three Elfman scores this year, I think I can easily call this my favorite even though I haven't quite finished it just yet. It has a very interesting, and hypnotic sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    David wrote
    Timmer wrote

For some reason, I've never bought this album, but whenever the movie comes on, I always want to...

NP:Standard Operation Procedure - Danny Elfman

This is the first time I've listened to this. Of the three Elfman scores this year, I think I can easily call this my favorite even though I haven't quite finished it just yet. It has a very interesting, and hypnotic sound.

Very, very good score. With repeated listens you'll love it even more. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008 edited
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Let me guess, it's a bad electronic clone score ? The average bad MEDIA VENTURES ? sleep

-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Panthera wrote
    Anthony wrote

Richard Kraft started a discussion of "what is your favourite score" or something during his speech at Ubeda, and I guess he saw me and though "Youth interested in film music? I'll ask him first!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Panthera wrote
    Anthony wrote

Richard Kraft started a discussion of "what is your favourite score" or something during his speech at Ubeda, and I guess he saw me and though "Youth interested in film music? I'll ask him first!"

Actually you happened to be just at my right, only a row ahead, so it was really easy (the british accent helped a little though tongue ).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    JP: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (John Williams)

Am I the only one who unabashedly loves this? I love the more modern flourishes (on album "Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed" doesn't work as well by itself but after watching the film it works beautifully), and the mood is enthusiastic. It may not be as good as "Raiders" or "Temple" but it's a worthy Indy score. (Wish there was more news about the Indy soundtrack re-releases...)

NP: Island of Lost Souls (Jane Antonia Cornish)

I never cease to be amazed by this score. If any one else was more perfect for the final Harry Potter film than John Williams returning, it's this talented young lady. "Island of Lost Souls" and "Soul Bridge & End Titles" are simply marvelous.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog