• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    Nautilus wrote

Hancock

I wished the love theme was more used (the one heard in "mary brings meat to John", wich is heard in death and transfiguration too).

biggrin

Anyway, Hollywood BLVD shows Powell really knows how to score a wife-husband scene

biggrin biggrin

You sir have topped yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

Wow, I haven't listened to this one in at least... a day. So good to hear this sort of thing from Howard, a great blend of Western and Eastern sounds. The two finale cues are still some of my favourites from JNH. Montage is a good cue also.

cool

I like the Braveheart rip biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Hancock

I wished the love theme was more used (the one heard in "mary brings meat to John", wich is heard in death and transfiguration too).

biggrin

Anyway, Hollywood BLVD shows Powell really knows how to score a wife-husband scene

biggrin biggrin

Why i said wrong???? dizzy

NP:GodZilla (Arnold)

Wow...this score really, really deserved this kind of realease.

I'm still thinking if it is better than Stargate or Independence day....Very it's close, very close
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Black Rain (Zimmer)

I was forgot how good this score is. I used to avoid play it because his 80's nature.

But the rythms are soooooooooooo cool, the themes so addictive and the asian flavour so present!!!!

The inclusion of rythms and electronics on batman reminded me how good Black Rain is. In fact, It's one of his best !

(the 4 released cues in the album, are almost perfect and captures the whole thing)
  1. Yeah, I think if the album featured Joyce's Theme and Final Confrontation it would be an amazing release, there are big omissions on the official release, I think I would also go and release Sato's Escape/Nick's Arrest or at least the escape piece itself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I could never get to appreciate or warm up to that score and sound. Not my thing i guess.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LAST EMPEROR - Ryuichi Sakamoto

Love this but I'll be switching to something else as soon as Sakamoto's score is finished.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I could never get to appreciate or warm up to that score and sound. Not my thing i guess.

Ironic. Do you like Batman.....and a lot of the rytmhs and some motif if from Black Rain. Anyway...Im sure you love asian sound wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All those synths......dated sound....oh oh. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    All those synths......dated sound....oh oh. wink

listen Joyce's theme and Yakuza codex from the bootleg. No synths cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SNEAKERS - James Horner

Having "retired" this album for too long I've been giving this quite a few plays recently.

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP : Dad - James Horner

My brother in law's father passed away just recently.
    And my friend lost his father last week. His father was also my school teacher and friend.
    When these sad times come along I often pull this beautiful little score out.
    I just watched the film again tonight after many years. Every time Horner's music comes into a scene I get choked up.
    No one can touch my emotional chords at times of sadness or grief like James Horner can.
    Dad, Field Of Dreams, Cocoon 1 & 2 just to name a few move and comfort me with their tender melancholic but beautiful chords and themes.
    Horner gets bagged for various things but I'm always greatful for his amazing sensitivity in scoring themes of sadness in his films. He always nails it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HANS ZIMMER - GLADIATOR

A timeless modern classic, no matter the references, no matter the several dislikes (even Wagner has his enemies), this is one top-paradeigm of spot-on, grand and masterful modern orchestral thematic writing for film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    HANS ZIMMER - GLADIATOR

A timeless modern classic, no matter the references, no matter the several dislikes (even Wagner has his enemies), this is one top-paradeigm of spot-on, grand and masterful modern orchestral thematic writing for film.

Talking about dated synths uh? biggrin

NP:Seven Years in TIbet (Williams)

What a gorgeous theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Gladiator, dated synths? Man it was YOU who gave Marcel that bad shit to smoke, now i have no doubt!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Hancock

biggrin

biggrin biggrin

Why i said wrong???? dizzy

Nothing, it was just your choice of words. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    NP : Dad - James Horner

My brother in law's father passed away just recently.
    And my friend lost his father last week. His father was also my school teacher and friend.
    When these sad times come along I often pull this beautiful little score out.
    I just watched the film again tonight after many years. Every time Horner's music comes into a scene I get choked up.
    No one can touch my emotional chords at times of sadness or grief like James Horner can.
    Dad, Field Of Dreams, Cocoon 1 & 2 just to name a few move and comfort me with their tender melancholic but beautiful chords and themes.
    Horner gets bagged for various things but I'm always greatful for his amazing sensitivity in scoring themes of sadness in his films. He always nails it!

Sorry to hear that Atham sad

I know exactly what you mean about Horner pressing the emotional chords.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: TOWELHEAD...Thomas Newman

If I didn't know about the basic plot of the film I'd have guessed it took place in Africa with trips to Bagdad. Put this one in the category of going and seeing the film before any decision is made as to the music.

Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008 edited
    NP : STAR WARS - John Williams

No. Comment. Needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

Wow, I haven't listened to this one in at least... a day. So good to hear this sort of thing from Howard, a great blend of Western and Eastern sounds. The two finale cues are still some of my favourites from JNH. Montage is a good cue also.

cool

confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : STAR WARS - John Williams

No. Comment. Needed.

NP : STAR WARS : THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - John Wiliams

Loving it! punk As long as I don't get Star Wars'ed out I may even finish with 'Jedi' cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Gladiator, dated synths? Man it was YOU who gave Marcel that bad shit to smoke, now i have no doubt!

biggrin

NP The Comebacks (Christopher Lennertz)

GIVE.THIS.GUY.A.BIG.PROJECT.TO.SCORE. NOW!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

biggrin

NP The Comebacks (Christopher Lennertz)

GIVE.THIS.GUY.A.BIG.PROJECT.TO.SCORE. NOW!

This is the score to the baseball movie right? If so, TOTALLY agree with you. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Broken Arrow (Zimmer)

Dude, Zimmer maturity has erased some of Zimmer's earlier magic!
    beer beer beer beer

And this was the first score I bought!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Doctor Who "Children In Need" Cardiff Millennium Arena Concert (2006) - Murray Gold

Excellent registration with full-bodied, spirited performances. Mostly material is available on the CDs, but some extra material thrown in for good measure. Every participant really give it their all, and the sound registration and orchestral quality are superb. Far better than the 2008 Albert Hall concert.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing : Coma (Goldsmith)

70's Goldsmith are not my coup of tea. The fact jerry always tried to insert the cultural music of every decade in his scores made him one of the most original and modern (in his own time) composers, but also made his music dated very quickly in some cases.

NP:Dracula (williams)

What a theme!

Even if Goldsmith is my all tme favourite composer, Williams scores reamins more untemporal in some cases.

"The resulting score is an exercise in mesmerising Gothic romance, brimming with full-bodied orchestral passages, soaring love themes, and a set of dark, pulsating scherzos to accompany the Count's deadly journeys across Victorian Europe. The London Symphony Orchestra simply oozes power and evil sexuality, and all of the cues have an overarching sense of foreboding and impending doom"

A great definition from Moviemusic UK review!
  2. Jordi - CUP of tea, not COUP. A coup (d'etat) is the situation when they try to overthrow a government.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

confused

Yeah! confused Braveheart? I hear Lord of the Rings in "The Final Three" but Braveheart?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Yeah, are you sure you weren't just listening to Braveheart? I know the CD covers are easy to confuse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    LSH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

confused

Yeah! confused Braveheart? I hear Lord of the Rings in "The Final Three" but Braveheart?

-Erik-

I believe they talk about this in that FSM podcast on borrowing from other composers.