• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    LSH wrote
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

Gorgeous score, probably my favourite from JNH in terms of listenability.

Its definitely one of his best scores.

NP: Main Titles from Spider-Man - Danny Elfman

Its a really good theme.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS - James Horner

Who's this newbie shocked He'll go far, mark my words wink

This is great stuff though very raw as you'd expect from a fresh young composer about to break into the big time.

Yeah, I agree; fantastic score. Who knows, this guy may be the right choice to score the next Trek movie or two, what do you guys think?

Seriously, I'd love to see Horner return to Trek. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008 edited
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    I mean, the complete "I don't think..." which lasts almost 25 minutes, is just AMAZING...

The reprise of the action sequence from POTC 1, the wedding, Beckett's death, the Parachute scene... shocked shocked

And almost ALL his team arranged the entire sequence... biggrin

Absolutely. And a pity it has to be owned by Disney "Scrooge McDuck" Records so all we can expect is for a good quality *you-know-what* to surface one day... wink

NP: Hook - John Williams

Yet another AMAZING Pirate Score!!! punkpunkpunkpunkpunk
  1. Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Da Vinci Code

IMHO, Zimmer masterpiece.

I agree - for now. beer

The only thing missing is an awesome action track, and this score would totally rock my world.

There´s no wonder I am so looking forward to Angels & Demons, where the world of the spiritual meets the world of (way over the top but who cares) action.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Seriously, I'd love to see Horner return to Trek. cool

Agreed. This might do him some good.

On the other hand, we´ll listen to a new space adventure composed by him soon enough (Avatar), and an adventure it will be without a doubt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote

You are the pan, dude! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    DemonStar wrote

beer biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    DemonStar wrote

beer biggrin

It is one of my Williams favourite scores.

NP:Return Of the Jedi

Once upon a time this was my favourite SW score. For the final climax with the emperor and the Endor Battle.

Then i realized Empire Strikes Back was even more perfect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARK MCKENZIE - the disappearance of garcia lorca

Exquisite scoring, heavily dramatic string-driven theme, heart-warming vocal melodies, dense action cues with bold statements of the main theme and beautiful acoustic guitar, this is by far one of the most outstanding scores he has ever composed and a very good starting point for anyone not familiar with McKenzie's brilliance.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote

While many other Zimmer scores goes directly to entertain or create emotion, here Zimmer can create textures and Ambients. This is a great experience to go inside a world full of mysteri, enigmas, religion and prodigiosity.

Sangreal's theme (the beggining of Fructus Gravis) and Maria Magdalene's theme (the final minutes of Rose of Arimathea) are the most beautiful composition of Zimmer's career and some of my top 10 of gorgeous compositions punk

Oh...People never mention this but, Ad Arcana is one of my favourites track from this score. Pure relaxing music (it reminds me to The Village)

I couldn't agree more , jordi!
  3. NP: Wall-E - Thomas Newman

After seeing the film, this soundtrack grows on me, a lot. In the period of two days since watching the film, I've listened to this no less than five times already. biggrin

Similar to his Finding Nemo, although I could enjoy some of the pieces here without seeing the film, a lot of the tracks here suddenly start to make a lot of sense after I've seen the film.

One of this year's favourite in my book for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JAMES HORNER's massive, dark beast of a score; APOCALYPTO. Imaginative arrangements and instrumentation, dark brooding tone and a massive loud sound of percussive and exotic dissonance make this a very hard listen for most people and - thankfully, a pleasure to me. Reminds me of SHORE's epic THE CELL, going to listen to that later!
  4. NP: Harry and the Hendersons - Bruce Broughton

Some filler music, but the overall experience is good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

While many other Zimmer scores goes directly to entertain or create emotion, here Zimmer can create textures and Ambients. This is a great experience to go inside a world full of mysteri, enigmas, religion and prodigiosity.

Sangreal's theme (the beggining of Fructus Gravis) and Maria Magdalene's theme (the final minutes of Rose of Arimathea) are the most beautiful composition of Zimmer's career and some of my top 10 of gorgeous compositions punk

Oh...People never mention this but, Ad Arcana is one of my favourites track from this score. Pure relaxing music (it reminds me to The Village)

I couldn't agree more , jordi!

*Weirdo alert * tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Weird he is, but I think he's right to praise Da Vinci Code. It makes a bad film worse, but as an album it's one of Z's top three and I listen to it fairly regularly.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lost season 2 | Michael Giacchino

"Rose And Bernard" is AMAZING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Weird he is, but I think he's right to praise Da Vinci Code. It makes a bad film worse, but as an album it's one of Z's top three and I listen to it fairly regularly.

Indeed, Da Vinci Code is such a great listening experience! Up there with THE PERFUME, to me. I liked the movie too (Da Vinci Code), can't understand what everyone has against it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote

You know Zimmer is my second favourite composer, and my Idol, But sadly the most of Zimmer scores makes the movies a little bit less good or a little bit worst. His music is highly enjoyable and Powerful, but it is also too intrusive and melodramatic.

NP:Lair Complete (Debney)

For me, this is what LOTR scores are for a lot of people. And It is my all time top 5 with: At world's end (wich someday it will be considered like this score deserves. A classic as much the "other" Classic Pirate score is.), Empire Srikes Back, Total Recall and The Da Vinci Code )

A lot of themes, very well devoloped, a lot of textures and ancient magic.

But it has what LOTR even can't dream...vibrant action music!

"main menu", "darkness theme", "civilitathion theme" or "elegy" are in Debney's top compositions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

You know Zimmer is my second favourite composer, and my Idol, But sadly the most of Zimmer scores makes the movies a little bit less good or a little bit worst. His music is highly enjoyable and Powerful, but it is also too intrusive and melodramatic.

Who's the first one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Who's the first one?

Goldsmith.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ask him again tomorrow D. biggrin
  5. He said that quite often, so I believe it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Lair Complete (Debney)

For me, this is what LOTR scores are for a lot of people. And It is my all time top 5 with: At world's end (wich someday it will be considered like this score deserves. A classic as much the "other" Classic Pirate score is.), Empire Srikes Back, Total Recall and The Da Vinci Code )

A lot of themes, very well devoloped, a lot of textures and ancient magic.

But it has what LOTR even can't dream...vibrant action music!

"main menu", "darkness theme", "civilitathion theme" or "elegy" are in Debney's top compositions.

Couldn´t agree more! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Indeed, Da Vinci Code is such a great listening experience! Up there with THE PERFUME, to me. I liked the movie too (Da Vinci Code), can't understand what everyone has against it.

Now Perfume is one I could never warm to.

NP: Robocop (!!!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Blue Planet - George Fenton

Absolutely fucking amazing and nothing short of it.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote

cool

Couldn't agree more although i would place it one step below Earth smile
  6. Southall wrote
    NP: Robocop (!!!)

I love the Showdown track... So powerful, and amazing in the film (even if too much under the SFXs), it's like "he's here, he's the law, you're all under arrest, dead or alive"... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

I haven't heard Earth but I'm guessing I'd like it since everything Fenton has done for natural history documentaries has been awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote

cool

Planet Earth or Earth? I've not heard Earth, is it noticeably new and different to Planet Earth?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    isn't it the same thing?