• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    ...Yeah, I know.
    I'm pretty much doing a track by track running report now... the urge to comment is greater than my self-control. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And i am writing my thesis, maintitles.net is the biggest temptation always when i try to work!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know.
    I should, too...

I am weak and with no self-control.
    The Dark Side already has me.
    cry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    Richard Gibbs - Are You Alive?/Battlestar Galactica Main Title
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    The Phantom Menace: The Ultimate Edition may be lacking in coherency inasfar as a proper stand-alone listening experience is concerned, but it sure contains some cues that are sorely missed on the original release. Anakin Is Free is really lovely with the most majestic rendition of the Force motif in existence.

Just like I've always said! punk It has its faults, but I still love that album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rian wrote
    Richard Gibbs - Are You Alive?/Battlestar Galactica Main Title

Sweet stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    The Phantom Menace: The Ultimate Edition may be lacking in coherency inasfar as a proper stand-alone listening experience is concerned, but it sure contains some cues that are sorely missed on the original release. Anakin Is Free is really lovely with the most majestic rendition of the Force motif in existence.

I must get that one (just for Anakin Is Free tongue)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You know what totally rocks and something I haven't listened to for a criminally long time? Cherry 2000 by Basil Poledouris, that's what.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: LAIR - John Debney

I gave that to a friend of mine a couple of months ago. Finally I got it back and are rediscovering this undescribable treasure of themes right now, blown away again, even more so than when I got it originally. While I couldn´t listen to it, it grew in my memory as a phenomenal score, and after some time I was afraid that my memory would have overblown it in the meantime.

Now that I finally can return to it, it is WAY more spectacular than I remember it. Hell, what an absolutely mindfrakking, awesome, inspiring, driving, passionate score. A battlefield of notes, a never-ending river of themes and melodies, of beauty and fantasy landscape.

It gets me into writing mood again, immediately, something much needed after weeks of writing blockade... Thanks, John...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgvzs6sROnQ

Enjoy!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    And i am writing my thesis, maintitles.net is the biggest temptation always when i try to work!

Martijn wrote
    I know.
    I should, too...

cry

Good luck with writing it, you both! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Steven wrote
    You know what totally rocks and something I haven't listened to for a criminally long time? Cherry 2000 by Basil Poledouris, that's what.

My absolute favorite Poledouris score! Beautiful melodies, perfect integration of synth and orchestra, and that Poledouris touch that I'm safe in saying we all miss so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Just like I've always said! punk It has its faults, but I still love that album.

I think it's a TERRIBLE album but it's great to have all that previously unreleased music. Please bring on a complete The Phantom Menace as Williams wrote it do I can throw the so called Ultimate Edition in the trash!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Martijn wrote
    I know.
    I should, too...

cry

Good luck with writing it, you both! punk

Thanks mate, things are slowly getting into place for me again. I re-started writing, it's going to be huge and there's a lot of technical stuff to cover plus it's in Greek and i have to translate correctly all the terms and phraseology from my all-english books and it's going to take long to complete; but i am coinfident it'll be good stuff, and it's a very interesting learning process for me; audio engineering, audio recordings and sound reproduction but most importantly - how we hear, is such a fascinating area to study and work in.
  1. NP: Private Fears in Public Places (Snow)

It's all keyboard, but for that constraint, it still works very well.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Good score, but not in the same class as this....

NP : ROBOCOP - Basil Poledouris

Along the lines of what Iron Man should have been.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Private Fears in Public Places (Snow)

It's all keyboard, but for that constraint, it still works very well.

Been listening to the same thing this morning and afternoon. It's very, very good, that main theme is a wonderful melody and has a way of staying in your head.
    'Sexy dress and High Heels' certainly makes for a nice bit of diversity too..........................the cue, that is! wink

Or even not the cue! cool
  2. David! Good to see you.

A friend whose a bit of a film buff tells me the film itself is well worth the time spent tracking it down.

NP: Surf's Up (Danna)

Also a strong overlooked score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Enjoy!

Well, thank you very much; that´s a GREAT suite, and given the task, the orchestra and choir are doing very fine. Fantastic video. Right what I needed this morning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Enjoy!

Well, thank you very much; that´s a GREAT suite, and given the task, the orchestra and choir are doing very fine. Fantastic video. Right what I needed this morning.

You welcome wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Timmer wrote

Yes, a fave of mine too. Like the synth work and the themes are splendid. A long time it went unreleased and when I got the chance to buy it, I didn't hesitate at all.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Gotta disagree with you there, for me Cherry 2000 makes for a much more enjoyable listen throughout than Robocop. But hell, it's like arguing which is better; an Aston Martin or a Ferrari. It's all a matter of preference.

Aston Martin btw.
  5. I prefer Cherry 2000 too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    requiem for my friend - Preisner : wonderful
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christoph wrote
    requiem for my friend - Preisner : wonderful

Couldn't agree more, solemn, beautiful work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Wolf - Ennio Morricone

A fine score. Gently unsettling, but melodic and with a gorgeous love theme.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Gotta disagree with you there, for me Cherry 2000 makes for a much more enjoyable listen throughout than Robocop. But hell, it's like arguing which is better; an Aston Martin or a Ferrari. It's all a matter of preference.

Aston Martin btw.

I go for the Aston Martin too. I guess mine is in a different colour!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mine's British Racing Green. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Mine's British Racing Green. cool

James Bond silver cool
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Southall wrote
    Wolf - Ennio Morricone

A fine score. Gently unsettling, but melodic and with a gorgeous love theme.

I've been listening to this recently. Its good, but don't expect the brilliance of his spaghetti westerns or anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Last of the Mohicans - Jones/Edelman

It's probably ten years since I listened to this. It's pretty good.