• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I have a made a video with some text, but when I put it up on YouTube, the wording is too blurry to read. It's fine before the loading.

What do I do? Newbie and this is my second video.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    In a worst case scenario you could always redo the text with youtube's annotations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Do you have a link to the video? I might be able to help if I can see the problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    YouTube seriously downgrades any uploads (for bandwidth reasons, obviously).
    I have no idea what their current standard bitrate is, but I fear there is very little to do but to change the font/size of your video.

From the YouTube blog:

You may also wonder how video quality is chosen. Our general philosophy is to make sure that as many people as possible can access YouTube and that videos start quickly and play smoothly. That's one reason why you don't see us racing to call this "Super Duper YouTube HD," because most people don't want to wait a long time for videos to play.

When I examined the corresponding HQ video from youtube , it became: 50 MB file at 480x320 pix and 500 kbps and stero audio. The SQ (standard quality) low resolution youtube file was: 25MB at 320x240 pix and around 300kbps.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Indirectly Youtube related.

Does anyone use VLC to extract audio from Youtube videos? If you do, can you let me know how you do it? The videos I have looked at that run through the process don't work and crash VLC.

I don't want to use the myriad of online sites that offer to extract the audio for you.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn