• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    MovieScore Media presents

THE 4 MUSKETEERS

Music Composed and Conducted by
    MATT DUNKLEY

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/musketeers.html

Limited CD edition (1000 copies) distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10206

Download album in 320kbit mp3 format here:
    http://www.filmmusicdownloads.com/WebFi … tm?id=6310

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143441

Matt Dunkley, a British composer who has worked extensively as an orchestrator for Craig Armstrong on scores such as Love Actually, The Incredible Hulk and World Trade Center, with Randy Edelman on the current The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and as a conductor on Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Sunshine, has crafted a very entertaining and exciting orchestral score for this French adventure movie, known originally as D'Artagnan et les trois mousquetaires.

Featuring several great themes and many rousing action set-pieces, the score also has a romantic touch as well as involving dramatic writing for choir. Dunkley recorded his score with the 80 piece Czech Symphony Orchestra and the 40 piece Prague Philharmonic Choir and mixed it in London with Geoff Foster at Air Studios. “The key factor in the whole process was choosing the right composer for the job and Matt Dunkley was that man,” said the music supervisor on the film, Anthony Vanger. “From the minute I heard the theme he demoed for the project, it was clear that he had the skills to pull it off.”

"I decided on a large orchestra for the main palette, with choral writing to bring out the more occult aspects of the story and programmed drums and percussive elements to give the score a contemporary edge," Matt Dunkley says. The result is a rich and entertaining score which combines cinematic tradition with modern aesthetics in a very effective way. Enjoy!

MMS08010 • DISCOVERY COLLECTION VOLUME 5
    THE 4 MUSKETEERS: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed and Conducted by MATT DUNKLEY
    Release date: August 12, 2008.

CD EDITION LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Exciting soundclips!

Some moments reminded me of Kingdom of Heaven that it has that same metal banging in some parts. Sounds classy too in some tracks, with a medieval influences now and then. Looking forward to hear it all.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I'm listening to the samples, hoping for something great, but it's not doing it for me. The orchestra sound small and not as full-bodied as I had expected it to be. Rousing? yeah.... maybe 85% there.
  1. well I must say I expected perhaps more of it, some nice moments, a really nice main theme and if we want to compare, Matt Dunkley pulls of a better composing duty than the other orchestrator of Treasure Island (Nicholass Dodd), but it isn't as rousing as I'd hoped

Ah well, I was assuming stuff like The Musketeer, not really fair eh sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Are you basing your opinions on the samples only? confused

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    I think the score is Outstanding myself.

sd biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    moviescore wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

mc

I was.
    I wanted a something that has a full bodied sound along the line of a Kamen's Three Musketeers or Arnold's The Musketeer or even Dodd's Treasure Island sound. Basically more brass. But it does sound better now.... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Was there an official film poster? cause the cover looks...kinda... TV-quality..... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    lp wrote
    Was there an official film poster? cause the cover looks...kinda... TV-quality..... confused

You wouldn't believe how much trouble I went through trying to get hold of some kind of official film artwork for this film. That is the only reason why the release was delayed. Finally, we managed to get hold of a poster from TF1 (French tv) and that's all I had to work with... shame

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Well I just better download and start writing a review with all the extra effort you went to get the artwork.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
  2. moviescore wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

mc

no, I listened to the entire thing, for me it is definitely better and more variated than Treasure Island, but it still misses something, personal taste's a bitch eh wink
  3. sdtom wrote
    Well I just better download and start writing a review with all the extra effort you went to get the artwork.
    Thomas smile

I was gonna write a review at first, but you may do it buddy, I got enough lying around here to listen to smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    moviescore wrote
    lp wrote

You wouldn't believe how much trouble I went through trying to get hold of some kind of official film artwork for this film. That is the only reason why the release was delayed. Finally, we managed to get hold of a poster from TF1 (French tv) and that's all I had to work with... shame

mc

Ah. Well, the content of the book should always be better than what the cover implies.
  4. moviescore wrote
    lp wrote

mc

it is strange to consider in this day and age it is hard to find actual material to work with, and yet it still is mighty difficult at times