• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008 edited
    Here's a composer whose work, at least when I've heard it, I like a lot. I don't own a single score by him and from what I gather there isn't that much available?

I sent him an e-mail once after watching a TV documentry about Malcolm Campbell's fatal attempt to break the world speed record in a jet propelled boat and being utterly mesmerised by his beautiful scoring, he couldn't help me with the music but sent a nice reply.

Ayone here have any Towns on CD they'd like to recommend?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    I still wish I could get a copy of his work on the series Ivanhoe.
    I actually went so far as to e-mail him about it and he very kindly wrote back saying that sadly it'd never been released. sad
    Really nice gesture though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I still wish I could get a copy of his work on the series Ivanhoe.
    I actually went so far as to e-mail him about it and he very kindly wrote back saying that sadly it'd never been released. sad
    Really nice gesture though.

At least we both got a reply back.

I haven't heard Ivanhoe but I'd like to.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    From what I've heard in SST, The Buccaneers is a pretty score. It can be got for cheap from Amazon UK.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    BhelPuri wrote
    From what I've heard in SST, The Buccaneers is a pretty score. It can be got for cheap from Amazon UK.

Thanks Bhel smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    FULL CIRCLE is one that is popular in certain areas, even outside film music circles. I haven't heard it myself, but I assume it's somewhat jazzy to have a crossover appeal. It's really the only one I've heard of.
    I am extremely serious.