• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I hope I don't take someone else his place here, if not ask Bregt to shut me down tongue

The sole purpose of this game is to show you selection of hidden gems. Often an average album can still contain a moment of brilliance, a track that dazzles, a moment that silences you for a second. This game wants to show that there are moments that do it to me every single time. If you wanna play then think at least of these little stats:

20 Tracks: guess the score and the composer + a Bonus track (5 points worth)

Each correct answer is 1 point, so 20 x 2 + bonus of 5 makes for 45 points to earn

All samples are in chronological order and most are fairly recent. Tip (no score before 1980 is featured in the game considering I'm young and most guys here are as well)

Of the 20 scores know this:

All 20 cues have received an original soundtrack release, only the bonus is so far unreleased

The purpose of this game is not to see who knows his scores, but to enlighten you of brilliant music found in lesser known films or scores. This could be an extremely easy game (apart from several moments) but I want people to go and search for these albums after the game has ended. Because most scores are still purchasable at online websites. And its time you people find out those scores through these little samples.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01I … YUJFQlE9PQ

The Much requested Hints wink

- Sample 1: Long out of print album (it received 2 releases from the same label in different years) showed a master at work
    - Sample 2: If the motif doesn't give it away, I don't know what will
    - Sample 3: One of the most requested scores, apparently it received a soundtrack release back then, now only a bootleg is the answer to our prayers, but boy is this a fun childhood memory, there is still word of a sequel after all these years
    - Sample 4: Fun combination of synths and orchestra, the movie stars an actor who acted in Sin City, another who who played in Glory and a stunning actress who starred in Stardust
    - Sample 5: Composer who is a favorite of many, he made Arnold Schwarzenegger and Peter Weller great in such brassy ways
    - Sample 6: The crusades weren't a fun time, but the composer nonetheless made it fun, a score everyone should have heard at least once
    - Sample 7: The main theme is his best, he composed every movie for this directional pair and he has a style unlike any other
    - Sample 8: Back then his music was so much fun, now his music tends to last 80 minutes and nothing less
    - Sample 9: Long considered to be the work of one of the greatest composers alive today, now still known as an amazing work of someone who simply can't work on that Big shark movie
    - Sample 10: I was surprised this didn't make the Western Score game, considering how fun this CRYSTAL theme is
    - Sample 11: Speaking of westerns, this song composer used his best poker face here
    - Sample 12: The man composed just 3 scores in his career, but he received a soundtrack release because that controversial name was attached to it, and this for a movie of the Swedish dramatic director
    - Sample 13: Why he always does comedy, if you can hear him in adventure mode instead? It was even so good it appeared in some kind of masked man trailer
    - Sample 14: The movie is about tiny people, now he has made the step from tiny to MGS status
    - Sample 15: Want your mail delivered? Send in the great one to give this fishman a stamp of his own
    - Sample 16: The man has a knack for wonderful themes, he's Brittish so he should know how things out of the deep blue must sound like
    - Sample 17: To invade Aladdin's Palace is one thing, to make it sound like Stargate is another thing for this Mole
    - Sample 18: If it wasn't for him, America would have gone to war (I'm talking about the character in the movie) wink
    - Sample 19: This Japanese composer just shows again what he's worth, and Petit (Small) it isn't at all
    - Sample 20: Speaking of French movies, this is such a wonderful score. The composer gave the Canadian superstar then also wonderful material to work with
    - Bonus Sample: Haha, who could it be? Unreleased but adored by his fans for that typical sound of his, what could it be?

Let the Games Begin smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. apparently nobody's interested confused rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Don't worry, I'll be entering...
  3. Ps, I have seen the size of the download is the double of usual, apparently I didn't rip all the files in the 128 standards, if people have a problem with this, let me know and I will upload a smaller version
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    I'll be joining too. Not sure when I'll have the chance though. I've listened to the clips and they are great, though I only recognized few of them.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    Haven't played for awhile. I'll have a go, even if it means a sad ass score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    - Sample 8: Back then his music was so much fun, now his music tends to last 80 minutes and nothing less.

ROFL... I think everyone can guess the composer from the description without listening to the cue! biggrin
  4. Sylvos wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    - Sample 8: Back then his music was so much fun, now his music tends to last 80 minutes and nothing less.

ROFL... I think everyone can guess the composer from the description without listening to the cue! biggrin

if indeed somebody has the quality to miss this composer, I'll be punishing him for the rest of his days wink
  5. UHMMM... 80 minute albums... music not as good as it once was... Pfffttt... No I don't know who you're talking about bro, looks like my days are numbered then. shame

I'll be entering your little game too!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Aha, my first two competitors have arrived

Playing: 2

2. Christodoulides: 13 points smile

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides (composer only) wink

Let this be the sign for however thinks they can beat them, to enter now
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Pff yeah, beat that!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Pff yeah, beat that!

Far too many points D , you let the side down wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Update

Bregt has joined the game, proving he absolutely knows nothing of stuff composed before the mid 90', aka all the classics biggrin while DreamTheater adds his points even more, I'm curious who will beat this score wink Bregje apparently likes to be last all the time shame

Playing: 4

2. Christodoulides & Bregt: 13 points wave
    3. Bregje: 5 points

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides & Bregje (composer only) and DreamTheater punk

Now's the chance to put your beloved host here last, If that isn't a reason to join now, I don't know what will
  8. now that Bregt in on his trip to Norway, it wouldn't be difficult to beat his score. Because even he found the time to play this little game tongue wink
  9. I have to say for me this game was relatively easy, so many good tunes, but a bit unfair maybe as Thomas and i have similar tastes, though not always... tongue I'd love to see somebody beat me, but not too fast, let me enjoy first place a little while.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. Update

Plindboe comes in, making a whopping good impression, I'll wonder if he got what it takes to secure that first place

Playing: 5

2. Plindboe: 30 points cool
    2. Christodoulides & Bregt: 13 points
    3. Bregje: 5 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides & Bregje (composer only) and DreamTheater punk

Now's the chance to put your beloved host here last, If that isn't a reason to join now, I don't know what will
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    Plindboe comes in, making a whopping good impression, I'll wonder if he got what it takes to secure that first place

To be honest I don't see how I can snatch the 1st place. shame I think Bhelpuri and Southall are probably DreamTheater's greatest potential threats.

Peter smile
  11. I know 10 of them and took a guess at 4 of them. Still not enough though as I have no idea about the bonus at this moment.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
  12. Grimble Gromble wrote
    I know 10 of them and took a guess at 4 of them. Still not enough though as I have no idea about the bonus at this moment.

you don't have to enter just to win, so throw me your guesses anytime you want, I always give little extra hints during each answer I receive wink
  13. it seems everybody wants to see DreamTheater win! I agree! He's a swell guy, but still I expected a little more hostility here when it came down to these score games tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    it seems everybody wants to see DreamTheater win! I agree! He's a swell guy, but still I expected a little more hostility here when it came down to these score games tongue wink

I'm going to play and win! angry

If I don't win I'll play Hans Zimmer scores 24/7.....to me that IS torture.
  14. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    it seems everybody wants to see DreamTheater win! I agree! He's a swell guy, but still I expected a little more hostility here when it came down to these score games tongue wink

ooohhhh, so then I'll hope you lose wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

fusssunrassin*)&^^&$&£"$"%£""$£^%£" crazy
  15. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

fusssunrassin*)&^^&$&£"$"%£""$£^%£" crazy

If you win, I'll even cheat by giving the answers to whoevers in second place biggrin
    So that you can experience some Zimmer magic tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008 edited
    Here's a play list of his worst scores....

Backdraft
    Black Hawk Down
    The Thin Red Line
    Hannibal
    Da Vinci Code
    K2

Please make sure you never ever in all eternity never ever ever play them to me ever.
  16. Timmer wrote
    Here's a play list of his worst scores....

Backdraft
    The Thin Red Line
    Hannibal
    Da Vinci Code
    K2

Please make sure you never ever in all eternity never ever ever play them to me ever.

On K2 I have to agree, but on the rest? Please there's something wrong with you tongue
  17. He's kidding. Something tells me it's his favorites biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  18. PawelStroinski wrote
    He's kidding. Something tells me it's his favorites biggrin

I hope so, nobody's that crazy wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He's kidding. Something tells me it's his favorites biggrin

Foiled! slant

May the pastry on your meat pies never rise ya traitor! crazy
  19. Update

James come in, threatening the 2 at the leading position, now only Timmer's guesses are needed and you have what I call one giant filmmusic collection of greats

Playing: 6

2. Plindboe: 30 points
    3. Southal: 25 points wave
    4. Christodoulides & Bregt: 13 points
    5. Bregje: 5 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: Christodoulides, Bregje & Southal (composer only) and DreamTheater punk