• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Was the John Williams of sound effects. I didn't find a lot of his newer sounds for the prequels all that interesting or creative.

I'll forgive him anything for the sound of the Naboo Royal ship entering the atmosphere at the beginning of Attack Of The Clones..
    I honestly rewound that scene a couple times, just to hear those rotors. BRILLIANT!

As for electric guitars: I love the THRONK effect the electric guitar makes in Danna's Resident Evil score. GOOD noise!

I'm slightly surprised nobody mentioned The James Bond Theme yet?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    christopher wrote
    Marselus wrote
    The Perfect Storm (James Horner)

I didn't enjoy the electric guitar in this one. I like everything else about the score, but just when the music is getting good that darn electric guitar comes in every time and ruins it. I find it really hard to enjoy electric guitar in any film score. It just doesn't sound good with the rest of an orchestra to me.

That is probably one of Horner's best works to date, i wouldn't change a thing on it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The use of them in specific cues of Tokyo Drift are excellent. There's a particularly cool motif in "Saucin'" that starts 21 seconds in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    christopher wrote
    Marselus wrote

I didn't enjoy the electric guitar in this one. I like everything else about the score, but just when the music is getting good that darn electric guitar comes in every time and ruins it. I find it really hard to enjoy electric guitar in any film score. It just doesn't sound good with the rest of an orchestra to me.

That is probably one of Horner's best works to date, i wouldn't change a thing on it.

Absolutely. It's still my favourite 00's Horner score. Not a note out of place and (I apologise for this) for me it's a perfect score.

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    christopher wrote
    Marselus wrote

Agree punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    john debney - scorpion king
    christopher young - ghost rider
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    christopher young - ghost rider

Hell yes, I forgot about that one! punk
  1. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    christopher wrote
    Marselus wrote

Absolutely. It's still my favourite 00's Horner score. Not a note out of place and (I apologise for this) for me it's a perfect score.

punk

That's fine. Don't get me wrong, I like the score. It's not among my 10 favorite Horner scores, but it's probably 11th. I would like it a lot more if not for the electric guitar. As for 00's Horner scores, I prefer A Beautiful Mind, The Missing, and The Legend of Zorro to this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008 edited
    Three of my other favourite 00's Horner scores. cool (And I'd add Enemy At The Gates just to make it a top 5.)

Going off topic is fun. To hell with rules.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Trevor Rabin is, unsurprisingly, very good at this stuff. Remember some pretty nifty anthems in CON AIR and ARMAGEDDON, for example.

Also, Elfman is really good if it's in a contemporary rock idiom - like TO DIE FOR, DEAD PRESIDENTS or WANTED.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Steven wrote
    Panthera wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Worst:
    - BLOOD DIAMOND (Newton Howard)

Darn, I really like the Blood Diamond music, including the intense action music that has electric guitars.

I think Michael may be referring more to their gratuitous use within the film?

Yeah. To hear them every time the bad guys came... this film only gave a bit more evidence that it wasn't going to say anything about child soldiering except that nasty people sustained the practice. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    The Lethal Weapons!!!
    And the Bond films!!! cool
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008 edited
    How can you guys forget

Marty Paich/Toto in Dune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYa0jDIO0hc
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    KevinSmith wrote
    How can you guys forget

Marty Paich/Toto in Dune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYa0jDIO0hc

Cool! Love that score! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt