• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. On TV right now they are showing a rerun of the "Knight Rider" TV seires, episode "Deadly Maneuvers" -- the only episode Stevens scored.

It's some fine scoring, a bit more traditional orchestra, and uses the theme a good bit.

Sadly the scoring isn't appropriate at times, and doesn't fit the shows "tone" to well, so I guess I can understand why he didn't score anymore episodes.

EDIT: the episode is online legally:
    http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2188706585
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    I remember him sooooooooo well for Hawaii Five-O. Book him Daniel!
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008 edited
    Sorry didnt look at the right place, ok move my comment here, hehe. Tiburon is most Execellent!!

tongue
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    moonie wrote
    Sorry didnt look at the right place, ok move my comment here, hehe. Tiburon is most Execellent!!

tongue

Naughty Moonie wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Timmer wrote
    moonie wrote

tongue

Naughty Moonie wink

Hey thats what moonies do best. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote
    Timmer wrote
    moonie wrote

tongue

Naughty Moonie wink

Hey thats what moonies do best. biggrin

LOL I can vouch for that! rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    what would you guys do without ole moonie hehe.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote
    what would you guys do without ole moonie hehe.

Just as much as we do now. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'd transfer this discussion but I don't know how to do it. Do you know how to merge Demetris?
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Transfer it to which topic?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    Transfer the one man jury thread moonie started to this thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited
    Is there some sort of remake of Hawaii Five-0 on the horizon? TV or film?

Whichever it is I came across this reference over at the FSM 'board to a video that features Morton Stevens über-great theme - and for me, it's bad. A weak and whimpy version of one of the greatest ever TV themes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    There is a remake Alan, but I'm not sure if it's for film or TV, Scott Caan ( son of James ), who's in the credits ( yeah, it's a wimpy version isn't it ) is one of the stars but I can't remember who he plays....Danno maybe?

p.s. Have you ever heard the Sammy Davis Jnr version of that iconic theme?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    Remake ? Give me a break
  2. Second remake. First one was in the late 1990's, as I recall. Don't know who scored it.

It was supposed to be a contiuation -- like this one -- but it ignored that certain characters had died, and had poor continuity.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/h … n-stevens/

new release on FSM
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010

I fully intend to get this Tom, though there's no rush yet as it's not in danger of selling out.

Nice review too. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010
    If you had the money Tim you could buy 500 copies. For a change there is no limit.
    Thomas

To anyone else who purchased this is there anyone else who thought Front Street sounded familiar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Great review Tom, and I agree 100%.
    What a fine album this is. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Like I said in the Now Playing thread: yes, I do notice some seeming familiarities, but I am more than happy to chalk those up to the Zeitgeist. It was simply the style of the time, s some similarities would be -I think- unavoidable.

Oh, and debating with myself, I have come to the conclusion that this may indeed be the best TV theme in history.
    There are many, many recognisable, powerful, iconic and beautiful themes that challenge it, and it's certainly not standing out by a mile, but Hawaii Five-O does take first place. It's just that powerful, and that good.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It says something when a theme that old is still instantly recognisable regardless of anyones age.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Will you post your review on MT too Tom? I'm intrigued by the score now.
    Kazoo