• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Anonymous" (Roland Emmerich's upcoming film)
    Thomas Wanker
    Source: his official website. He's trying to go by "Thomas Wander" still, but ... not gonna work. Especially when you're biggest fanbase is made of Joss Whedon fans who know you by the name you scored under: Wanker.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    "Anonymous" (Roland Emmerich's upcoming film)
    Thomas Wanker
    Source: his official website. He's trying to go by "Thomas Wander" still, but ... not gonna work. Especially when you're biggest fanbase is made of Joss Whedon fans who know you by the name you scored under: Wanker.

Hahaha. I think this is his first solo score, right?
  3. Timme asked Howard Shore at the filmfestival of Ghent:

Will you score the Hobbit?
    Howard Shore: YES

punk punk punk punk punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timme asked Howard Shore at the filmfestival of Ghent:

Will you score the Hobbit?
    Howard Shore: YES

punk punk punk punk punk

I can't believe he dared.

I'm afraid of him now.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. He also confirmed it in Krakow.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010
    I wonder what the relationship with Peter Jackson is going to be like. Surely very awkward, at least at first.
  5. Depends on how Shore was fired.

Rumors have it that it was a choice between Shore and the length of the movie.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. A week ago at FSM they confirmed this; someone said Doug Adams (as I recall -- maybe it was Doug Adams himself) that Shore had it, and when someone brought up Kong, it was basically Shore and Jackson not seeing eye-to-eye and rather than make things bad, they parted ways. They are still on good terms.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    I'm pleased to hear that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    Perhaps Shore wanted to color the film a bit darker (and, I'd argue, more 'realisticly') than the (I'd argue) overly romantic version that JNH ultimately produced?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. justin boggan wrote
    A week ago at FSM they confirmed this; someone said Doug Adams (as I recall -- maybe it was Doug Adams himself) that Shore had it, and when someone brought up Kong, it was basically Shore and Jackson not seeing eye-to-eye and rather than make things bad, they parted ways. They are still on good terms.

I was there, Shore replied: you have good collaborations and you have ...

that's all he said, he was rather pissed about the question
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    A week ago at FSM they confirmed this; someone said Doug Adams (as I recall -- maybe it was Doug Adams himself) that Shore had it, and when someone brought up Kong, it was basically Shore and Jackson not seeing eye-to-eye and rather than make things bad, they parted ways. They are still on good terms.

I was there, Shore replied: you have good collaborations and you have ...

that's all he said, he was rather pissed about the question

Well, it was Patrick Duynslager coming back on the same topic twice. He had dodged the bullit by not replying the first time and was then addressed personally in the second question. I would be pissed as well if an interviewer didn't get the hint and I would be forced to address something I would rather be quiet about.

To me it wasn't entirely clear if they were talking about the director or the producers Shore wasn't seeing eye to eye with. So maybe the problem was less Jackson and more the producers?

Anyhow, if they see I to eye on The Hobbit, there might be no problem in the future.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  9. Consalodating updates from as far back as July; alphabetical order of last name of the composer:

"Paul"
    David Arnold
    Source: this quote from a recent interview:
    "... Right now I’m starting the Simon Pegg / Nick Frost alien-road-trip-comedy Paul, which is very funny. I finish that mid-December, then I am powered down and my prime directive re-programmed. ..."

"Scream 4"
    "The Thing"
    (re-imaging of the older film)
    Marco Beltrami
    Source: his official website.

"Stone" (recorded)
    Jon Brion
    Source: Wookstock Film Festival credits

"Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding"
    "Alphas"
    (TV series)
    Stephen Endelman
    Source: 1st: website of someone who is working on the score.
    2nd: his website.

"Real Steel"
    "Men In Black 3"
    "Frankenweenie 3-D"

Danny Elfman
    Source: The Warner Bros. press release for the Elf-Box:
    His upcoming projects include Paul Haggis' Next Three Days, Real Steel, Gus Van Sant's Restless, Men in Black 3, Tim Burton's stop motion feature,Frankenweenie and Cirque du Soleil's "Iris" scheduled to bow in residence in Summer 2011 at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre.

"The Rig"
    Bruce Fowler
    Source: movie's poster.

"The Rite"
    "Inside Job"
    (recorded)
    Alex Heffes
    Source: agencies website.

"Winston Churchill: Walking with Destiny" (documentary; recorded)
    Lee Holdridge
    Source: why ... here's a video of him conducting the score with the orchestra:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pq3ZaITj38

"The Six Month Rule"
    Andrew Hollander
    Source: agency's website.

"Catalonia"
    Mark Knopfler
    Source: a news article about the still-in-production film.

"Beat the World"
    Andrew Lockington
    Source: his website.

"Law & Order: Los Angeles" (yet another spin-off series -- really original title!)
    Atli Orvarsson
    Source: the News page on his site

"Statue Of David"
    Barrington Pheloung
    Source: agency's site, News page.

"London Boiulevard" (recorded)
    Sergio Pizzorno (replacing Howard Shore's score)
    Source: orchestra who performed it.

"Room in Rome"
    Jocylen Pook

"We Are Many" (documentary)
    Rachel Portman
    Source: July update on a producer's Twitter page.

"Red Riding Hood"
    Brian Reitzell

"Hugo Carbret"
    Howard Shore (Jean Michel-Bernard, original scoring for dance sequences [recorded])
    Source: news articles

"A Dangerous Mind"
    Howard Shore
    Source: here is a good quote or two from Shore in an article (roughly trasnlated by Google) about a week ago:

He composed these days the music to "A Dangerous Method", the Sigmund Freud of the film star director David Cronenberg. "My trip to Vienna comes at a very opportune time," the 64-year-old told on Tuesday at a press conference at the gala. "Here I can research well, yesterday I was already in the Sigmund Freud Museum."

"... the shooting of "A Dangerous Method," which the film crew led early summer to Vienna, had become just finished. The soundtrack he wants to finish by the end of November."

"F" (recorded)
    Neil Stemp (programmer for Kent and Trevor Jones)
    Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn5LjfWMSEE

"Escape From Planet Earth"
    "Burke and Hare"
    "Hunky Dory"
    "Psychoville"
    (British program -- mini or TV?)
    Eau (his own ballet, and did the music)
    Alice In Wonderland (ballet)
    Joby Talbot
    Sources:
    1st & 2nd: Agency website.
    3rd & rest: website of somebody who is working on/worked on the rest with him.

"Covert Affairs" (TV series)
    Christopher Tyng (composer of all but one episode of "Futurama")

"Soul Of A People: Writing America’s Story"
    Joseph Vitarelli

"Anonymous" (Roland Emmerich's upcoming film)
    Thomas Wanker

"Dolphin's Tale" (recorded)
    Timothy Williams
    Source: his Twitter announcements. Works with (dun Dun DUNNN!!!) Tyler Bates.

"The Apparition"
    "Black Tulip"

Christopher Young
    Source: 1st: none provided, but he is.
    2nd: recorded.

UPDATE: Shore will indeed end up scoring the film by the exact same name as one he did before: "The Spider"; Shearmur will not.

"High School"
    "Music by: Harold Faltermeyer"
    "Score by: Freescha"
    Source: movie's official website (http://www.deptofmoralhealth.org)
  10. Still listing TV projects as well:

"Blue Bloods"
    Mark Snow
    Source: this quote from MV Gerhard at the LLLR forum:
    X-Files - Mr Snow was putting the finishing touches on this massive project, but was called away recently to go work on that new Tom Selleck tv show (DAMN YOU MAGNUM!!!!) We hope to have it out 1st quarter 2011. You never can tell with projects like this. We ask that you please be patient. It is still coming, but its out of our hands at the moment.

I guess this means he's taking over for Rob Simonson, who works with Danna, and provided less than servicable episodes scores to the overrated and poor series "Dollhouse". Maybe a future title from LLLR 2011 end/2012 beginning?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    the overrated and poor series "Dollhouse".

shocked
    crazy
    angry
  11. Scribe wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    the overrated and poor series "Dollhouse".

shocked
    crazy
    angry

Well, it was a nice way of saying what I really meant: fucking aweful, and disaterously planned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I've only watched the first season, but the finale was one of the most moving works of art I've experienced in any medium.
  12. I hope you aren't refering to "Epitath" (that the name) -- the episode set in the future? One of the most poorly made episodes of ALL of Whedon's series (which were all goo,d exdept this one).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Scribe wrote
    I've only watched the first season, but the finale was one of the most moving works of art I've experienced in any medium.

That's quite a cheesy statement (sorry), but I think Dollhouse is very good. My only complaint was that when it got canceled they didn't have enough time to tie things up that well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Scribe wrote

That's quite a cheesy statement (sorry), but I think Dollhouse is very good.

I don't understand or believe in the concept of cheesiness, so your statement is as foreign to me as if you said I violated a precept of Scientology. wink

And yes, I'm referring to Epitath. I'm not going to even try to defend my opinion because its awesomeness is beyond words.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Scribe wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Scribe wrote

That's quite a cheesy statement (sorry), but I think Dollhouse is very good.

I don't understand or believe in the concept of cheesiness, so your statement is as foreign to me as if you said I violated a precept of Scientology. wink

And yes, I'm referring to Epitath. I'm not going to even try to defend my opinion because its awesomeness is beyond words.

I love it when people are diametrically opposed on a given issue. tongue

I've not a single episode of DOLLHOUSE myself (Whedon is on/off for me), but I'd like to check it out some day.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. "The Greatest Movie Ever Made"
    Chris Hajain
    Source: his website.
  14. "Looper"
    Nathan Johnson
    Source: the director's messege board, where's asked, and says Nathan is, and has alread ystarted on it.

Dark science fiction film about the future where time travel is exists, and police use it to go back in time and kill dangerous criminals.
  15. "Sunflower" (wasn't this alreayd reported?)
    Rachel Portman

"Nile"
    "Horsepower" (mini series)
    Debbie Wiseman

"Route Irish"
    "Frozen Planet"
    George Fenton

"The Illusionist"
    Sylvain Chomet (replacing a score by one of the film's producers, Bob Last, which was recorded two or three years ago [film got pushed back] -- same place as I recall)

All recorded.
    source: studio that recorded them, website.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010 edited
    justin boggan wrote

"Frozen Planet"
    George Fenton

Christ, I hope this eventually gets a release!
  16. Frozen Planet? Never heard of it. Is it the score to a documentary like Deep Blue?

Because I love Deep Blue, and wouldn't mind having an extension of that sound. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  17. There you go so you don't have to. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  18. And again...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  19. "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn"
    Harry Gregson-Williams
    Source: not able to find any, might just be a rumor. I think Burwell, though is busy scoring the five-part mini series "Mildred Pierce", which may account for him not doing this.

"Captain America"
    John Powell
    source: again, none. Another missed oppritunity.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010
    What's wrong with Powell scoring Cap?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt