• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, if you (anybody) scroll back through all my entries, you'll find they've been 98/99% accurate, so. Not counting the ones were I said in the source, if what ever wording, I wasn't sure, or it might be a rumor, or IMDB is listing it, etc.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. "U.F.O." (trilogy revisioning of the TV series; don't know if it's a TV mini, or a film trilogy)
    Richard Sortomme
    Source: composer reports it on his site, the still in development film site reports it, too.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Presenting his return to a little scoring, having been gone for over ten years...

"Wake Wood"
    Michael Convertino
    Source: him, and:

"TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THE MUSIC IN THE FILM

The musical score plays a very important role in the film and we've had really positive feedback about it so far. The score was composed by Michael Convertino, an LA based composer who scored films such as Bull Durham, The Last of the High Kings and Things to do in Denver When You’re Dead. I'd worked with him before and we have a really good, collaborative working relationship. He was onboard well before we began shooting and we spoke a lot about the music and about aural reference points. Some of the reference points we used included ethnographic recordings from a Romanian mental institution and recordings of the theremin (an electronic instrument) being played. We listened to a lot of strange, old traditional music but in the end we went for a much more modern feel. I tend to record stuff myself and at one stage my son brought three of his girl friends home from school and we recorded them singing and screaming at the same time. Sounds strange, but it really was the most fascinating creative process."

Direct link to PDF: http://www.wakewoodmovie.com/WakeWood_P … nNotes.pdf

This must have been the one he told me about months ago. He also hinted at other things to possibly come.
  4. I have no idea about this; posted in Elfman's forum at IMDB, today:

At the Grammy Museum Elfman said his fued with Raimi is over and he might be scoring that Oz movie he's doing. He also confirmed Men In Black III and there was something about The Hunger Games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    I have no idea about this; posted in Elfman's forum at IMDB, today:

At the Grammy Museum Elfman said his fued with Raimi is over and he might be scoring that Oz movie he's doing. He also confirmed Men In Black III and there was something about The Hunger Games.

Yeah, I heard that. Good to hear about the Raimi thing.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. "Comics Open"
    Graeme Revell
    Source: film's website.
  6. Not a film, but still because of the famous fictional character attached, I brought it up:

"Batman: The Live World Arena Tour"
    James Brett
    Source: orchestra who performed it.

You can listen to three cues at his site:
    http://www.jamesseymourbrett.com/

He's obviously trying hint at Elfman's theme, and a hint of the orchestration.
  7. "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"
    Alberto Iglesias (replacing a score by Michael Price, who works with David Arnold as of late)
    Source: Quartet Records posted on their Facebook page:
    "In London to attend the recording sessions of Alberto Iglesias score for "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"..."
  8. I can't imagine that film being any better than the BBC series. It was completely incomprehensible, but gripping.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I can't imagine that film being any better than the BBC series. It was completely incomprehensible, but gripping.

A TV show I'd like to see again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Me too. Was that the one with Beryl Reid? Or was that Smiley's People?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I can't imagine that film being any better than the BBC series. It was completely incomprehensible, but gripping.

A TV show I'd like to see again.

Incomprehensible? How so? confused
    I just saw it I think a year ago or so, and I was utterly spellbound how they managed to make a fascinating, entertaining spy thriller that consisted mainly of a couple of elderly gentlemen sitting around in a small room, talking.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. I am not sure when it was made but I was a lot younger then. Maybe if I watched it now I could follow it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Me too. Was that the one with Beryl Reid? Or was that Smiley's People?

I had to look it up but she was in both Alan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  11. Never liked Beryl Reid.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin I never had an opinion on her myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am not sure when it was made but I was a lot younger then. Maybe if I watched it now I could follow it.

Early seventies, I believe?
    The story was quite convoluted, I'll certainly give you that, with your Le Carre's patented double and tripple agents which in the end didn't matter because everyone turned out to have another primary agenda anyway!

Good stuff!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2011
  12. "The Woman In Black"
    David Julyan
    Source: none provided; recording soon.

"La donna che ritorna" (recorded)
    Pino Donaggio
    Source: orchestra who performed it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011
    Southall wrote
    I love John Le Carre.

The remake has Gary Oldman, good casting IMO.
  13. “Death of a Superhero" (recorded)
    Marius Ruhland
    Source: website of a person who worked on it.
  14. "Without Men" (recorded)
    Carlo Siliotto (replacing Bruno Coulais; no idea how far he got)
    Source: his website.
  15. "Underbelly: Razor"
    Burkhard Dallwitz
    Source: Dallwitz's website.
    Sign on to score "Underbelly: Razor" a 13 x 1 hour series set in Sydney in the 1920's.
    Scoring will take place between May 2011 – October 2011.
  16. "From the Ashes " (recorded)
    Chaz Jankel

A second scoring assignment in just under a year, after like a decade of scoring nothing. MAybe this marks a return for him.

"War Paint" (recorded; silent short film)
    Trevor Jones
    Source: news artiels on the film.
    I REPEAT: THIS WAS NOT A TEST. JONES ACTUALLY SCORED SOMETHING.
  17. "The App Killer"
    "Scary or Die"

Christopher Young
  18. justin boggan wrote
    "The App Killer"
    "Scary or Die"

Christopher Young

Cool! Seems like he's going back to the thriller and horror films.
  19. "Bored to Death" (TV series)
    Pat Irwin (who composed four episodes on "Tales From the Darkside")
    Source: resume of somebody who worked on it.

Irwin is taking over for the composer who did the first two seasons of the show.
  20. Christodoulides wrote
    "Polisse"
    "Russendisko"
    Gabriel Yared
    Sources: 1st: a news report
    2nd: Black forrest Films productions website (same for next entry)

These are excellent, let's hope no rejections are involved this time.

Sad to report that on top of a while back reporting he was replaced on "Polisse", he's also been replaced on "Russendisko" (by a composer called Lars Lohn).
  21. "High School"
    "Music by: Harold Faltermeyer"
    "Score by: Freescha"
    Source: movie's official website (http://www.deptofmoralhealth.org)

I assume this means Faltermeyer is doing songs. Unless "Freescha" is some kind of name for him and a group of people doing the score.

And this has been replaced, too.
  22. "Apollo 18"
    Wylie Stateman (and un-named others)
    Source: a Variety article from earlier this year on mixers/recorders. Stateman said he was also scoring the film with others.